RadioBanter

-   -   The Plan (https://www.radiobanter.com/policy/26689-re-plan.html)

Steve Robeson, K4CAP July 27th 03 01:05 PM

The Plan

death_to_hamradio wrote in message ...

This is an idea that is timely and necessary. It is no longer possible to tie up
frequencies that hundreds of millions of people could benefit from, just for the
purpose of operators having a nice talk at 3:30 AM in the morning.

If it were so timely and necessary, a real man would have put his
name to his work.

You didn't = No gonads = Scumbag troll.

Steve, K4YZ

Radio Amateur KC2HMZ July 28th 03 01:34 AM

On 27 Jul 2003 05:05:09 -0700, (Steve Robeson, K4CAP)
wrote:

death_to_hamradio wrote in message ...

This is an idea that is timely and necessary. It is no longer possible to tie up
frequencies that hundreds of millions of people could benefit from, just for the
purpose of operators having a nice talk at 3:30 AM in the morning.

If it were so timely and necessary, a real man would have put his
name to his work.

You didn't = No gonads = Scumbag troll.

Steve, K4YZ

Scumbag CB'er troll. Apparently, Steve, you missed the paragraph
immediately before the one you quoted:

As this is being written, research into Part 95 in underway. An official comment
will be submitted to the Federal Communications Commission once the research has
been completed.

Note that the imbecile in question here referred to Part 95, which has
nothing at all to do with the ARS.

73 DE John, KC2HMZ

JJ July 28th 03 04:32 PM

From: "Jim Hampton" aa2qa

neither your CB (and I'm sure this is where the looser is
from), nor your cell phone, nor the interne

Amateur radio could be more than an operator's hobby.
Some Hams seem to forget that there could be much more to amateur radio than
glorified CB.

However, most hams know that amateur radio is much more than glorified cb.

Jim Hampton July 28th 03 10:03 PM

Here is an idiot who has never been near an emergency. When 911 hit, I lost
my internet in Rochester, NY, some 300 miles away due to the 'high
technology' also being very highly vulnerable. Several years back, an ice
storm hit the North East. There were no telephones, no power, and even
emergency towers were downed. One amateur repeater tower/antenna was
pressed into service for the police. They were crying for HF mobile
amateurs to lend a hand. When there are no telephones nor power for
hundreds of miles, neither your CB (and I'm sure this is where the looser is
from), nor your cell phone, nor the internet is going to be of any use at
all. I'm not going back 30 years, I'm talking recently (and perhaps
tomorrow).

Later -
Jim from Rochester, NY

---

Dave Heil July 30th 03 05:26 AM

Vshah101 wrote:

Amateur radio could be more than an operator's hobby.

....and it is though your license only provides permission to operate.

Some Hams seem to forget that there could be much more to amateur radio than glorified CB.

Amateur radio has nothing to do with CB. You seem to be one radio
amateur who has yet to figure out exactly what it is.

Dave K8MN

N2EY July 30th 03 01:21 PM

In article ,

From: "Jim Hampton" aa2qa

neither your CB (and I'm sure this is where the looser is
from), nor your cell phone, nor the interne

Amateur radio could be more than an operator's hobby.

It IS more.

Some Hams seem to forget that there could be much more to amateur radio than

glorified CB.

There is lots more. But you refuse to see it or pursue it.