Old July 27th 03, 01:05 PM
Steve Robeson, K4CAP

Default The Plan

death_to_hamradio wrote in message ...

This is an idea that is timely and necessary. It is no longer possible to tie up
frequencies that hundreds of millions of people could benefit from, just for the
purpose of operators having a nice talk at 3:30 AM in the morning.

If it were so timely and necessary, a real man would have put his
name to his work.

You didn't = No gonads = Scumbag troll.

Steve, K4YZ
Old July 28th 03, 04:32 PM
JJ

From: "Jim Hampton" aa2qa

neither your CB (and I'm sure this is where the looser is
from), nor your cell phone, nor the interne

Amateur radio could be more than an operator's hobby.
Some Hams seem to forget that there could be much more to amateur radio than
glorified CB.

However, most hams know that amateur radio is much more than glorified cb.

Old July 28th 03, 10:03 PM
Jim Hampton

Here is an idiot who has never been near an emergency. When 911 hit, I lost
my internet in Rochester, NY, some 300 miles away due to the 'high
technology' also being very highly vulnerable. Several years back, an ice
storm hit the North East. There were no telephones, no power, and even
emergency towers were downed. One amateur repeater tower/antenna was
pressed into service for the police. They were crying for HF mobile
amateurs to lend a hand. When there are no telephones nor power for
hundreds of miles, neither your CB (and I'm sure this is where the looser is
from), nor your cell phone, nor the internet is going to be of any use at
all. I'm not going back 30 years, I'm talking recently (and perhaps
tomorrow).

Later -
Jim from Rochester, NY

---

Old July 30th 03, 05:26 AM
Dave Heil

Vshah101 wrote:

Amateur radio could be more than an operator's hobby.

....and it is though your license only provides permission to operate.

Some Hams seem to forget that there could be much more to amateur radio than glorified CB.

Amateur radio has nothing to do with CB. You seem to be one radio
amateur who has yet to figure out exactly what it is.

Dave K8MN

Plan A Charles Brabham Digital 26 December 28th 04 06:13 AM
Plan A Charles Brabham Digital 0 December 15th 04 03:45 AM
Sign in the petition against the abuse of the Band Plan forward this message to your buddies) Brengsek! Dx 3 August 2nd 03 01:53 PM
ARRL plan, coming to fruition? No Dummy Loads Policy 4 July 16th 03 03:33 PM
Bush plan to turn Medicare over to the greedy. LongBeach General 0 July 1st 03 01:56 AM