Old August 5th 03, 11:50 AM
Brian

Dave Heil wrote in message ...
Brian wrote:

Dave Heil wrote in message ...
Floyd Davidson wrote:

One of the funniest parts of reading the newsgroups related to
Amateur Radio, is watching Len Anderson eat these jerks for
breakfast every morning as a form of cheap entertainment. Not
that everything he says is great and exactly correct, but he
just does it for fun, and he does run circles around them.

Izzat Len's function here, Floyd? I was always of the opinion that
Leonard H. was MY cheap form of entertainment.

Chalk it up to a lack of understanding.

I have: Floyd's. I can add you if you like.

See what I mean.

Of all the posters here,
I can't think of one invidual less relevant to amateur radio's past,
present or future--not that much of anything he sez is great or exactly
correct.

Whatever he say is probably more relavent than working out of band
Frenchmen on 6M.

It may be "relavent" but it isn't relevant and more than your attempted
diversion.

Huh? Does not compute.

Especially the part about Korean War teletype
operations.

Oh, yeah! That was loaded with useful information relating to amateur
radio.

Sure. Lots of amateurs have hired a crane to drop a M28 in their
basement.

Len has admitted a decades-long interest in amateur radio. Len
has been posting here for over seven years. He hasn't acted on his
amateur radio fanstasy in those decades and he hasn't acted on it in
seven years. Len's avocation is posting to a usenet group devoted to
soemthing in which he is a non-participant. You're his little
electrolyte.

That's so sweet. Its nice to know that one has to hold an amateur
license to be able to comment on amatuer radio. I can't decide who
points out that Len doesn't hold an amateur license more; you or
Steve.
Old August 5th 03, 01:29 PM
Dave Heil

Floyd Davidson wrote:

Dave Heil wrote:
Floyd Davidson wrote:

One of the funniest parts of reading the newsgroups related to
Amateur Radio, is watching Len Anderson eat these jerks for
breakfast every morning as a form of cheap entertainment. Not
that everything he says is great and exactly correct, but he
just does it for fun, and he does run circles around them.

Izzat Len's function here, Floyd? I was always of the opinion that
Leonard H. was MY cheap form of entertainment. Of all the posters here,
I can't think of one invidual less relevant to amateur radio's past,
present or future--not that much of anything he sez is great or exactly
correct.

Dave K8MN

Dave, did you hear a whistle just as you read that?

It was the point, that went right over your head...

No, I heard no whistle. Must have been pointless.

Dave K8MN
Old August 5th 03, 01:39 PM
Dave Heil

Brian wrote:

Dave Heil wrote in message ...
Brian wrote:

Floyd Davidson wrote in message ...

One of the funniest parts of reading the newsgroups related to
Amateur Radio, is watching Len Anderson eat these jerks for
breakfast every morning as a form of cheap entertainment. Not
that everything he says is great and exactly correct, but he
just does it for fun, and he does run circles around them.

Sad, but true. But they don't see it that way.

Likely because it is a fairy tale. Leonard would need assistance to eat
mush for breakfast. You've been asked if you're his acolyte. I think
it would be more fitting if you were to be known as his electrolyte.

At least I'm not his bunyon.

One David Heil demands licensed participation in the ARS.

Maybe one of 'em demands such but it isn't this one.

You're one of them that incessantly points out his license status.

Yes, I am. That isn't the same as what you claimed in your earlier
comment. Len isn't licensed in the amateur radio service and has no
experience in amateur radio.

But when
confronted with mere Technician participation in the ARS that rivals
his Extraness, he digs in and destroys.

That claim is a non-starter as it is in conflict with what I've written
here very recently.

Bully for you.

....and shame on you for making yet another false accusation. That's two
so far in this exchange.

Then there is Extra DICK. Probably Extra in every way except the dick
department. Then there's Jim "DeSoda" who keeps rewriting "200 Meters
and Up." No need to mention INSANE Clown Posse in a Nurse's dress or
the civilian with "real" military experience.

What's your claim to credibility?

I yam what I yam.

Maybe you'll find a way to do something about it.

Dave K8MN
Old August 5th 03, 01:50 PM
Dave Heil

Brian wrote:

Dave Heil wrote in message ...
Brian wrote:

Dave Heil wrote in message ...
Floyd Davidson wrote:

One of the funniest parts of reading the newsgroups related to
Amateur Radio, is watching Len Anderson eat these jerks for
breakfast every morning as a form of cheap entertainment. Not
that everything he says is great and exactly correct, but he
just does it for fun, and he does run circles around them.

Izzat Len's function here, Floyd? I was always of the opinion that
Leonard H. was MY cheap form of entertainment.

Chalk it up to a lack of understanding.

I have: Floyd's. I can add you if you like.

See what I mean.

No, I don't.

Of all the posters here,
I can't think of one invidual less relevant to amateur radio's past,
present or future--not that much of anything he sez is great or exactly
correct.

Whatever he say is probably more relavent than working out of band
Frenchmen on 6M.

It may be "relavent" but it isn't relevant and more than your attempted
diversion.

Huh? Does not compute.

No, it doesn't. I have to stop posting when it is past my bedtime.

Especially the part about Korean War teletype
operations.

Oh, yeah! That was loaded with useful information relating to amateur
radio.

Sure. Lots of amateurs have hired a crane to drop a M28 in their
basement.

Have they? The guys I've known who owned them just carted them in.
I don't know anyone who uses a Mod 28 now. Loads of people were giving
them away a decade or so back. I know one fellow who turned the cabinet
of his into a bar. His wife wasn't as fond of it as he was. Think
there's a Mod 28 in the Anderson home communications center?

Len has admitted a decades-long interest in amateur radio. Len
has been posting here for over seven years. He hasn't acted on his
amateur radio fanstasy in those decades and he hasn't acted on it in
seven years. Len's avocation is posting to a usenet group devoted to
soemthing in which he is a non-participant. You're his little
electrolyte.

That's so sweet. Its nice to know that one has to hold an amateur
license to be able to comment on amatuer radio.

Nothing has prevented Len Anderson from commenting here. He has been
doing so for better than seven years. No one is required to agree with
him or to remain silent while a man with no experience in amateur radio
attempts to tell licensed hams how amateur radio should be shaped and
regulated. No one is forced to remain mum while he takes potshots at
the ARS, radio amateurs or the ARRL.

I can't decide who
points out that Len doesn't hold an amateur license more; you or
Steve.

I'll let you work that out. It doesn't matter to me and I'm sure Steve
isn't in competition with me on the issue.

Dave K8MN
Old August 5th 03, 02:00 PM
Dave Heil

"Dick Carroll;" wrote:

Floyd Davidson wrote:

Dave Heil wrote:
Floyd Davidson wrote:

One of the funniest parts of reading the newsgroups related to
Amateur Radio, is watching Len Anderson eat these jerks for
breakfast every morning as a form of cheap entertainment. Not
that everything he says is great and exactly correct, but he
just does it for fun, and he does run circles around them.

Izzat Len's function here, Floyd? I was always of the opinion that
Leonard H. was MY cheap form of entertainment. Of all the posters here,
I can't think of one invidual less relevant to amateur radio's past,
present or future--not that much of anything he sez is great or exactly
correct.

Dave K8MN

Dave, did you hear a whistle just as you read that?

It was the point, that went right over your head...

Dave, you won't want to pay too much attention to Frozen Floyd, the permafrost has obviously made it to his brain.

It is a brave new world where Len Anderson, the old sharpie, is able to
use me as his plaything. That's the kind of world where Floyd is
sitting under a palm on the Alaskan Riviera.

Dave K8MN

Old August 5th 03, 09:08 PM
Brian

Dave Heil wrote in message ...
to comment on amatuer radio.

Nothing has prevented Len Anderson from commenting here. He has been
doing so for better than seven years. No one is required to agree with
him or to remain silent while a man with no experience in amateur radio
attempts to tell licensed hams how amateur radio should be shaped and
regulated. No one is forced to remain mum while he takes potshots at
the ARS, radio amateurs or the ARRL.

Why do you classify them as "potshots?"

I can't decide who
points out that Len doesn't hold an amateur license more; you or
Steve.

I'll let you work that out. It doesn't matter to me and I'm sure Steve
isn't in competition with me on the issue.

Yet it really bugs you'se guys.
Old August 5th 03, 09:19 PM
Brian

Dave Heil wrote in message ...
Brian wrote:

Dave Heil wrote in message ...
Brian wrote:

[...]

What purpose does that serve? The vast majority of the policy makers
at the FCC aren't licensed in the amateur radio service and have no
experience in amateur radio.

But I don't hear you complaining about that, yet they have the ability
to change what you do and how you do it.

But when
confronted with mere Technician participation in the ARS that rivals
his Extraness, he digs in and destroys.

That claim is a non-starter as it is in conflict with what I've written
here very recently.

Bully for you.

...and shame on you for making yet another false accusation. That's two
so far in this exchange.

Nothing false there.

Then there is Extra DICK. Probably Extra in every way except the dick
department. Then there's Jim "DeSoda" who keeps rewriting "200 Meters
and Up." No need to mention INSANE Clown Posse in a Nurse's dress or
the civilian with "real" military experience.

What's your claim to credibility?

I yam what I yam.

Maybe you'll find a way to do something about it.

I'm satisfied with my accomplishments in the ARS.
Old August 5th 03, 10:10 PM
Dave Heil

Brian wrote:

Dave Heil wrote in message ...
to comment on amatuer radio.

Nothing has prevented Len Anderson from commenting here. He has been
doing so for better than seven years. No one is required to agree with
him or to remain silent while a man with no experience in amateur radio
attempts to tell licensed hams how amateur radio should be shaped and
regulated. No one is forced to remain mum while he takes potshots at
the ARS, radio amateurs or the ARRL.

Why do you classify them as "potshots?"

I'm surprised that you find it necessary to ask.

I can't decide who
points out that Len doesn't hold an amateur license more; you or
Steve.

I'll let you work that out. It doesn't matter to me and I'm sure Steve
isn't in competition with me on the issue.

Yet it really bugs you'se guys.

No, it really bugs Len. Good luck in making your decision as to who
brings it up more often.

Dave K8MN
Old August 5th 03, 10:18 PM
Dave Heil

Brian wrote:

Dave Heil wrote in message ...
Brian wrote:

Dave Heil wrote in message ...
Brian wrote:

One David Heil demands licensed participation in the ARS.

Maybe one of 'em demands such but it isn't this one.

You're one of them that incessantly points out his license status.

Yes, I am. That isn't the same as what you claimed in your earlier
comment. Len isn't licensed in the amateur radio service and has no
experience in amateur radio.

What purpose does that serve?

It serves to point out Len's total lack of experience in the amateur
service.

The vast majority of the policy makers
at the FCC aren't licensed in the amateur radio service and have no
experience in amateur radio.

The vast majority of policy makers at the FCC have nothing whatever to
do with amateur radio. Those that are involved in the regulation of the
ARS, are quite knowledgeable about the service. They are paid to know.
Additionally, there are radio amateurs on the FCC staff. That has
nothing to do with the issue of Len Anderson. He isn't a participant in
amateur nor is he a regulator of amateur radio. Len is totally
irrelevant to amateur radio.

But I don't hear you complaining about that, yet they have the ability
to change what you do and how you do it.

No, you won't hear me complaining often though there are times when the
Commission makes a decision which I don't like or which is just plain
wrong. Len makes no such decisions and is not involved in amateur
radio.

But when
confronted with mere Technician participation in the ARS that rivals
his Extraness, he digs in and destroys.

That claim is a non-starter as it is in conflict with what I've written
here very recently.

Bully for you.

...and shame on you for making yet another false accusation. That's two
so far in this exchange.

Nothing false there.

Just the ones beginning "But when confronted with mere Technician..."
and "One David Heil demands..." Are you going for three?

Then there is Extra DICK. Probably Extra in every way except the dick
department. Then there's Jim "DeSoda" who keeps rewriting "200 Meters
and Up." No need to mention INSANE Clown Posse in a Nurse's dress or
the civilian with "real" military experience.

What's your claim to credibility?

I yam what I yam.

Maybe you'll find a way to do something about it.

I'm satisfied with my accomplishments in the ARS.

That has been evident for some time.

Dave K8MN
Old August 5th 03, 10:56 PM
Floyd Davidson

Dave Heil wrote:
Brian wrote:

Yet it really bugs you'se guys.

No, it really bugs Len. Good luck in making your decision as to who
brings it up more often.

It does? Is that why he's been using you for entertainment (and I
might add, providing others with great laughs) for how many years?

Seven??? And _you_ think it bugs him!

Dave gets out of bed every day and immediately hangs a target on
himself to help Len get a good aim...

--
Floyd L. Davidson http://web.newsguy.com/floyd_davidson
Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska)