Old August 6th 03, 02:44 AM
Jim Hampton

Default Comment On This News Group

Very true. Flames don't last long there at all. On one group, we had an
individual post (roughly approximated here) " Too much F****** e-mail. Stop
the F*** the e-mail". I edited out the obscenity, approved the edited
post, and explained how to change his profile; the group owner, however,
decided to take the initiative and stop his e-mail for him. Permanently!
The groups I'm a member of generally have a number of moderators. In the
one group I mentioned, we have coverage from England, the U.S. Eastern time
zone, Canada Pacific time zone, and Australia. Some even check in from work
during lunch. The Yahoo Groups tend to be good and folks have a good time.
Intentional flamers tend to disappear very quickly.

73 from Rochester, NY
Jim AA2QA

---

Old August 6th 03, 04:19 AM
Robert Casey

The Moderator wrote:

Comment On This News Group

There is a lot of good stuff here, but also an incredible amount of junk.

Another place to reasonably discuss Amateur Radio is at the Yahoo Groups.

Search for "Amateur Radio" get over 1200 places to discuss your interests,
mostly without flames, insults, off-topics, false information, and the
stupidity that is prevalent here.

If you think this newsgroup is bad, take a look at some of the
soc.culture.* groups
sometime. Have heard that soc.culture.india is almost all flame wars.