Old August 26th 03, 01:20 PM
charlesb

Default "Unfortunate Responsibility"

Well, getting a ham license isn't exactly a waste of time, but it does
carry some responsibilities. Unfortunately for us, one of them is
abiding by communications law.

I do not consider our obligation as hams to abide by communications law to
be "unfortunate"... It strikes me as being essential and beneficial, in no
way unfortunate because without that obligation we would quickly go the way
of CB, as you say.

People who work to undermine these rules and our obligation to follow them
as hams are directly attacking the hobby, attempting to undercut the basis
of our legitimacy. Most often, these attacks are based on a stated desire to
obtain a "freebee" at other's expense.

Charles Brabham, N5PVL