Old August 31st 03, 09:30 PM
Steve Robeson, K4CAP

Default For Vippy's Benefit...

Vipul Shah, ) keeps insisting certain activities
don't exist in Amateur Radio.

And just like his mentor, Lennie the Lame, facts keep unravelling
his rants.

Case in point: http://www.remote.arrl.org/news/stor...8/30/100/?nc=1

Enjoy, Vippy.

73

Steve, K4YZ
Old September 1st 03, 01:19 AM
N2EY

In article ,
(Steve Robeson, K4CAP) writes:

Vipul Shah, ) keeps insisting certain activities
don't exist in Amateur Radio.

And just like his mentor,

(Leonard Anderson)

facts keep unravelling his rants.

Case in point:
http://www.remote.arrl.org/news/stor...8/30/100/?nc=1

Of course. Looks like a lot of fun. Note the thinness of many of the
contestants, too.

But do you really think either of those you seek to convince will admit they
were mistaken?

Particularly when you and the ARRL are the messengers?

73 de Jim, N2EY
Old September 1st 03, 03:20 AM
Vshah101

From: (Steve Robeson, K4CAP)

Vipul Shah, ) keeps insisting certain activities
don't exist in Amateur Radio.

link to a direction finding contest given

In any group base there will be many aspects supported. In Ham radio, certain
trends are there that would not be there if there was a truly random
distribution. A trend is a trend, not 100% that the activity does not exist.

From:
(N2EY)
Of course. Looks like a lot of fun. Note the thinness of many of the
contestants, too.

People that participate in Amateur Radio Direction Finding would tend to be
thinner than most Hams because this is a physical activity. That's consistent
with what I have been saying before. Less Hams are interested in that and a
greater percentage of Hams are overweight.

However, you must not be looking at the same photos I am looking at. It does
not support the thinness claim. And one female looks like a male, which you
would not know unless you saw the picture caption. Sorry. I hate to comment on
people's weight, but you brought it up.

But do you really think either of those you seek to convince will admit they
were mistaken?

In any group base there will be many aspects supported. In Ham radio, certain
trends are there that would not be there if there was a truly random
distribution.

When you look at club activities, newsletters, QST and other publications, one
can plainly see which activities the great majority of Hams are interested in.

Particularly when you and the ARRL are the messengers?

The ARRL is generally more balanced than the typical Ham. They have to be.

Old September 1st 03, 04:04 PM
Steve Robeson, K4CAP

(Vshah101) wrote in message ...
From:
(Steve Robeson, K4CAP)

Vipul Shah, ) keeps insisting certain activities
don't exist in Amateur Radio.

link to a direction finding contest given

In any group base there will be many aspects supported. In Ham radio, certain
trends are there that would not be there if there was a truly random
distribution. A trend is a trend, not 100% that the activity does not exist.

From:
(N2EY)
[...]

This could have been "delivered" with a preceeding trumpet blast
and angels on unicorns and Vippy wouldn't admit it.

Steve, K4YZ