Old September 1st 03, 03:22 PM
Hans Kohb

Default FISTS petition to the FCC

"Dick Carroll;" wrote

http://www.qsl.net/n1ea/FIST_FCC_Petition_8-30-303.pdf

Perhaps FISTS should consider sending this in as a comment to be
considered with RM-10787, rather than a separate petition.

If FCC grants the "no Morse test" petition, then it is unlikely to roll
back that decision at a later date.

73, Hans, K0HB

Old September 1st 03, 04:00 PM
Dee D. Flint

"Hans Kohb" wrote in message
news:b309ce148a7d07e18fe1e709110785b7.128005@mygat e.mailgate.org...
"Dick Carroll;" wrote

http://www.qsl.net/n1ea/FIST_FCC_Petition_8-30-303.pdf

Perhaps FISTS should consider sending this in as a comment to be
considered with RM-10787, rather than a separate petition.

If FCC grants the "no Morse test" petition, then it is unlikely to roll
back that decision at a later date.

73, Hans, K0HB

I suspect that this will work equally as well as a comment since the FCC
will be required to weigh all the diverging and conflicting petitions that
have already been submitted to come up with whatever ruling they may decide
to put out. There are now at least seven different petitions filed although
not all are yet open to comments. The fact that it is a petition may even
give it more weight than just a comment.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Old September 1st 03, 04:03 PM
WA8ULX

And, the FCC upheld its R&O in 98-143, denying all petitions
for reconsideration asking for reinstatement of higher speed
Morse tests.

Carl - wk3c

Does NCI I have the latest 10 Codes out yet?
Old September 1st 03, 07:30 PM
shephed

"Keith" wrote in message
nk.net...

The same old Morse code is necessary for ham radio HF operation
line of thinking. There is nothing that prevents anyone from
learning Morse code if the FCC drops the Morse code test & requirement
for General and Extra Class license holders so their petition is
silly.

--
Best Regards, Keith AOL IM:kilowattradio
NW Oregon Radio http://kilowatt-radio.org/

Nice CB page you have there.
I guess you are the future of Ham Radio?

God help us all.....

Old September 1st 03, 08:55 PM
Carl R. Stevenson

"Dee D. Flint" wrote in message
gy.com...

I suspect that this will work equally as well as a comment since the FCC
will be required to weigh all the diverging and conflicting petitions that
have already been submitted to come up with whatever ruling they may

decide
to put out. There are now at least seven different petitions filed

although
not all are yet open to comments. The fact that it is a petition may even
give it more weight than just a comment.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Having not seen a public notice from the FCC on ANY of the petitions,
it would appear that NONE of them are formally open for comment.

If I missed an official FCC public notice, I'd appreciate it if someone
could tell me the date it was released. (I check the "Daily Digest" and
the Federal Register daily ... though it's possible I could have overlooked
one ...)

Carl - wk3c

Old September 1st 03, 08:57 PM
Carl R. Stevenson

"Dick Carroll;" wrote in message

As you may know, FISTS has many times the membership numbers of NCI.

How many *US* licensees are members of FISTS, Dick?

Carl - wk3c

Old September 1st 03, 09:04 PM
WA8ULX

How many *US* licensees are members of FISTS, Dick?

Carl - wk3c

How many Cbplussers International, I mean NCI are Members?
Old September 1st 03, 09:51 PM
Brian

"Dick Carroll;" wrote in message ...
It isn't on the FCC's website yet but you can read it here....

http://www.eham.net/articles/6371

Enjoy!

I thought that FISTS sold themselves as a non-political club?
Old September 1st 03, 09:51 PM
Dee D. Flint

"Carl R. Stevenson" wrote in message

Having not seen a public notice from the FCC on ANY of the petitions,
it would appear that NONE of them are formally open for comment.

If I missed an official FCC public notice, I'd appreciate it if someone
could tell me the date it was released. (I check the "Daily Digest" and
the Federal Register daily ... though it's possible I could have

overlooked
one ...)

Carl - wk3c

The ARRL website has direct links.

http://www.arrl.org/news/stories/2003/08/29/2/?nc=1
FCC Invites Comments on Six Morse Code-Related Petitions

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Old September 1st 03, 10:19 PM
N2EY

In article , "Carl R. Stevenson"
writes:

"Dick Carroll;" wrote in message

As you may know, FISTS has many times the membership numbers of NCI.

How many *US* licensees are members of FISTS, Dick?

Lots and lots.

How many *US* licensees are members of NCI, Carl?

btw, the FISTS member list is online.

73 de Jim, N2EY