Old September 20th 03, 01:00 PM
Brian

Dick Carroll wrote in message ...
Brian wrote:

Dick Carroll wrote in message ...
Larry Roll K3LT wrote:

In article ,
(Len Over 21) writes:

A half century ago I felt right at home working primary communications
on Army radio station ADA. Not only feeling that but BEING AT HOME
at the new site of Camp Tomlinson...barracks at one corner of the huge
antenna field. ADA never used "CW" (on-off keying), trans-Pacific or
local.

DICK, you've NEVER done that in the US Army, have you?

All you can do is demand that EVERYONE HAD TO DO IT LIKE YOU
DID but you can never offer any viable proof why they should.

LHA

Lennie:

Your half-century old experiences in military communications, where, by
your own admission, you never utilized the Morse/CW mode, are irrelevant
to the discussion of Morse code testing requirements within the AMATEUR
Radio Service in 2003. In fact, as a person who does not use the Morse
code for any reason whatsoever, you are self-disqualified from rendering
any judgment on the topic whatsoever. Therefore, I suggest that you
stop wasting your time, find something you know something about (which
from my personal observation seems to be limited to megalomaniacal,
ego-driven character assassination) and talk about that, instead. You
are not influencing anyone on the topic of code testing.

73 de Larry, K3LT

Well, Well...Lennie is still touting his BC610 babysitting experience as
being (= / ) ham radio, hmm??

While he was sitting around twiddling his
thumbs and waiting for a breaker to trip so he'd have something to do, I was
busily involved in operating AND REPAIRING one of the very first video tape
systems in the country, among many other very interesting work activities at
the Signal School at Fort Monmouth.
You see, instead of sending me to an obscure, remote MINOR outpost about as far
away as it's possible to be sent,

And just the other day you were bragging about how you had a field job
with the troopers.

??? I did? Sure don't recall any such remark. I think you're (STILL) confused.

No, not at all. But if you want to disavow your work in Missouri,
then so be it.

when I finished electronics training, the
Signal School kept me there as permanent party, to work as a broadcast
engineer at the educational TV station ran by the school. A most interesting
and challenging assignment, indeed.

Indeed. Typical duty given to sycophant students.

Hmmm.. well I *did* graduate within a fraction of a point of the top score in the class,
though that score wan't mine. It went to a fella who had already completed over half of a
college EE program. Instructors do like to see their students do well. If that makes me a
"synchophant", whatever you think that is, guess all I can do is agree.

I agree as well.

I would have been completely happy to have
stayed there for the remainder of my term of service, but my name came up for an
overseas tour of duty rotation, so off to Europe I went after a year and a half.

I thought you were sending CW as the ChiComs were overrunning your
position?

Brian, we already told you- think is dangerous to your mental health. Evidently it overly
strains your faculties.

So you served in no combat role?

I sure do feel for poor ol' Lennie, tho, he must have had a rough go of it 'way
out there in the JA boondocks with nothing to do but listen to the transformers
hum and wait for another overload. And I hear those BC610's didn't overload all
that often, either. Tsk, tsk.

Yet all that message traffic was sent w/o touching a Morse key.

But not by Lennie! The operating wasn't done at the transmitter site. He sat and watched.
Just like he -and you- are doing here.

Again you show your ignorance of at least weather comms. I formatted
and originated all of my own message traffic. Cut the tapes, and sent
it down the line. Letters, figures, ding, ding.

Beats drilling 7/8" holes in the rooftops of police cruisers.
Old September 20th 03, 11:44 PM
Len Over 21

In article , Dave Heil
writes:

But Leonard, old chap, you aren't an AMATEUR radio op at all under the
standards of any year. You aren't even qualified in "hoop jumping" as
you call it. The fact is, if you are ever to grace us with your
presence on the ham bands, you'll jump through whatever "hoops" the
government has in place or you won't be licensed.

Herr Robust...go back to your day job of translating "Main Kampf"
into Morse...

LHA
Old October 8th 03, 12:02 PM
Dave Heil

Len Over 21 wrote:

In article , Dave Heil
writes:

But Leonard, old chap, you aren't an AMATEUR radio op at all under the
standards of any year. You aren't even qualified in "hoop jumping" as
you call it. The fact is, if you are ever to grace us with your
presence on the ham bands, you'll jump through whatever "hoops" the
government has in place or you won't be licensed.

Herr Robust...go back to your day job of translating "Main Kampf"
into Morse...

I'll take that as your admission that my comments are factual.

I don't have or happen to need a day job, old boy.

Dave K8MN