RadioBanter

-   -   Another Self-Humiliating LenniRiffic Rant (https://www.radiobanter.com/policy/26920-re-another-self-humiliating-lenniriffic-rant.html)

Leo September 22nd 03 06:47 PM

Another Self-Humiliating LenniRiffic Rant

Steve,

I'm afraid that you may be treating our friend Len rather harshly.
After all, he is both a septagenarian and an ex-military man, who
served his country with great pride and dignity in the post-WW II era.

But now, he is getting on in years - and may be suffering from
dementia, or Tourette's syndrome (the obscene outbursts are a definite
indicator that this may be at play), or a whole host of other maladies
which affect the aged, and may negatively impact his ability to relate
to society. But, we do owe him a debt of gratitude for his service to
his country, defending North America from the Communist menace back in
the 1950's. He is probably quite frustrated that, although once a
respected member of society, he has been cast aside like the comms
equipment he once lovingly cared for. Surplus. Forgotten. Unwanted.
$199.98 plus freight from Ohio. (as is - Used / Tested is extra).

We need to remember that Len may be someone's grandfather, or brother,
or husband, or ice cream delivery man, and that although he is very
much Semper Fi, life unfortunately is not. Perhaps that is why he
lashes out. Tries so hard to associate with those he wishes he was -
hams, electronics technicians - like that doofy kid from Peoria you
knew back in grade school, who wanted so badly to play football with
the kids in his new school, but was treated like an outcast by the
kids, because he wasn't from your town. Perhaps he just wants to be a
part of life again. Life is infinitely more complex than it was in
Len's day - imagine trying to program a Samsung VCR with only R-808
third-tier maintenance training to fall back upon - My God. And yet,
in some ways things have become simpler than could ever be imagined -
who would have believed that a group of 1950's soldiers trained to
operate a complex 1 KW microwave transmitter could be replaced with a
single button marked "COOK"? That is disconcerting, I'm sure.

Ah...to be useful again. To be renewed! To escape from the "Island
Of Lost Toys".

But he doesn't know how - the journey is arduous and difficult, and it
has been so long...so very long...and lonely...

We should help him find his way! Extend the hand of friendship to our
lost brother. Buy him a MFJ Morse Code Oscillator With Key for
Christmas. Or something..... :)

73, Leo

On 22 Sep 2003 09:44:08 -0700, (Steve Robeson, K4CAP)
wrote:

In article ,

(Len Over 21) writes:

Sonny, I've probably done MORE in radio already than you've done in
your entire "career" as a hambone...er Ham.

WHOA, PUTZBREATH!

Where are YOUR accomplishments in AMATEUR RADIO...?!?!

You have PLAYED for years at ham radio, using ready-made
equipment, not really understanding what goes on behind your
ready-made front panels. Where are YOUR accomplishments in
amateur radio, your name posted as anywhere involving advancing
anything of the amateur state of the art? On FIDONET? Words,
self-glorifying yourself. On this newsgroup? More words, more
self-glorifying of yourself...plus an extreme amount of patronizing
"I am your moral superior" preacher without a church.

GEEEEEEEZUS, Lennie!

Pretty deep in the POT/KETTLE/BLACK mode today, aren't ya?

I've done some searches on "Leonard Anderson" and "Amateur Radio"
and with the exception of YOUR self-glorifying, self gratifying
pronouncements of moral superiority of all OF Amateur Radio, the
search comes up a BIG FAT ZERO.

Yes...we all know about the few articles you wrote in "Ham
Radio"...It still amounts to only a fraction of zero.

(BTW...Several of us were gathered at the "CQ" magazine booth at
the Huntsville, AL Hamfest last month, and your name was the subject
of great laughter and joking...So there lies YOUR contribution to
Amateur radio!)

Any you've done what? Playing with your radios, doing your beeping thing
the same as what was done by amateurs a half century ago or a full
century ago? What kind of "new technology" is on-off keying code use?
Who are you trying to fool other than children, fool?

This forum is about AMATEUR RADIO.

It is NOT about Army relay stations in the 1950's, PLMRS, the
IEEE or your SWLing of the aeronautical bands and an expired
student-pilot permit over four decades old...

Morse Code communications is a part of Amateur Radio. That is a
fact.

And despite the amount of effort you put in to trying to make
Larry look like that's ALL he does, you fail miserably.

YOU are STILL a liar.

YOU are STILL unlicensed.

YOU are STILL an outsider looking in. Please wipe the drool off
of the window when you're done. It's embarrassing.

And..oh yeah...You're STILL a PUTZ.

Have a Nice Day.

Steve, K4YZ

Brian September 22nd 03 11:07 PM

(Steve Robeson, K4CAP) wrote in message . com...
In article ,

(Len Over 21) writes:

Sonny, I've probably done MORE in radio already than you've done in
your entire "career" as a hambone...er Ham.

WHOA, PUTZBREATH!

That from a guy who wears a white dress and a carries a rectal
thermometer.

Where are YOUR accomplishments in AMATEUR RADIO...?!?!

How many articles did you have published in HAM RADIO magazine?

You have PLAYED for years at ham radio, using ready-made
equipment, not really understanding what goes on behind your
ready-made front panels. Where are YOUR accomplishments in
amateur radio, your name posted as anywhere involving advancing
anything of the amateur state of the art? On FIDONET? Words,
self-glorifying yourself. On this newsgroup? More words, more
self-glorifying of yourself...plus an extreme amount of patronizing
"I am your moral superior" preacher without a church.

GEEEEEEEZUS, Lennie!

Pretty deep in the POT/KETTLE/BLACK mode today, aren't ya?

I've done some searches on "Leonard Anderson" and "Amateur Radio"
and with the exception of YOUR self-glorifying, self gratifying
pronouncements of moral superiority of all OF Amateur Radio, the
search comes up a BIG FAT ZERO.

Do the same search on "Steve Robeson" and "Amateur Radio" and you'll
see the same thing.

Yes...we all know about the few articles you wrote in "Ham
Radio"...It still amounts to only a fraction of zero.

In your case we cannot divide by zero.

(BTW...Several of us were gathered at the "CQ" magazine booth at
the Huntsville, AL Hamfest last month, and your name was the subject
of great laughter and joking...So there lies YOUR contribution to
Amateur radio!)

That's pathetic. I hope John Dorr wasn't part of the gaggle. Wonder
who they laugh at when you're not around?

Any you've done what? Playing with your radios, doing your beeping thing
the same as what was done by amateurs a half century ago or a full
century ago? What kind of "new technology" is on-off keying code use?
Who are you trying to fool other than children, fool?

This forum is about AMATEUR RADIO.

The physics of radio communication were not changed by the
Communications Act of 1934.

It is NOT about Army relay stations in the 1950's, PLMRS, the
IEEE or your SWLing of the aeronautical bands and an expired
student-pilot permit over four decades old...

Morse Code communications is a part of Amateur Radio. That is a
fact.

Is it a part of any other communications? 500KHz?

And despite the amount of effort you put in to trying to make
Larry look like that's ALL he does, you fail miserably.

He's still working on WAS/CW.

YOU are STILL a liar.

No. He probably has done more in radio communications than you've
done in your entire ham career, and you probably have always used
store bought equipment.

YOU are STILL unlicensed.

So far I don't think he's lied about that one either.

YOU are STILL an outsider looking in. Please wipe the drool off
of the window when you're done. It's embarrassing.

Quit showing your ass. It's embarassing.

And..oh yeah...You're STILL a PUTZ.

And you're still a guy in a dress who can't handle his own emotions.

Have a Nice Day.

Steve, K4YZ

Yeh, you too.

Clint September 23rd 03 03:21 AM

WHOA, PUTZBREATH!

Leo, an obvious PCTA, said this in a previous thread.. and I quote..

"Not intellectual enough to make his
point by rational arguement, he resorts to name calling and other
juvenile tactics to 'get his way'. "

oops.

A PCTA just did that, not a NCTA type.

Add "hypocrisy" to the list of the PCTA flaws in tactics and
debate skills.

Clint
KB5ZHT

Leo September 23rd 03 03:50 AM

How so? I have never stated my position one way or the other with
respect to mandatory Morse testing. I have stated that I did get my 5
WPM to get on to HF because I had to by law, and that using it for
QSOs is beginning to grow on me. That doesn't mean that I think
everyone should have to do it!

So, does that make me pro or con, for mandatory testing? Where's the
obvious? Hmmm - there's that old reading comprehension problem
again....

I think that you just like to stir things up, Sir - your diatribes
appear to serve no other useful purpose. Of course you are aware that
the future of Morse testing will be decided at the government level,
by committees of civilized people - and not within this group. As
such, your energies and passionate rants are for nought, as they will
not sway the decision makers one bit. Like complaining with the guys
on the loading dock about the boss - won't change anything, but I bet
that would make someone one feel more important and in control, huh?
(know the feeling?)

Leo

Leo September 23rd 03 08:31 PM

Perhaps you're right, Mike - the Morse-based callsign thing was
certainly a little-known fact. There must have been budget cuts at
the FCC, though, and the project was cancelled the project there were
no funds to buy the magic decoder rings that were required :)

I expect that he'll be back here later to add his .02 again - you
gotta admit, this guy is a master debater!

73, Leo

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 14:28:45 -0400, Mike Coslo wrote:

Leo wrote:
[...]

Leo, you are being much too hard on the lad. For the price of irritating
some of us, he has given us an education about things that the most
cerebral of us didn't know... Like the special calls that were assigned
to the hams that didn't take any Morse CW test. Perhaps they were forced
to use those 1/4 wave Dipoles. Maybe that's why we didn't know about
them? 8^)

- Mike KB3EIA -

Leo September 23rd 03 10:02 PM

Oops, my bad, cut and paste error - that should have read:

....and the project was cancelled because there were no funds to buy
the magic decoder rings that were required :)

And I almost forgot, we learned that, on the Gulf Coast of Texas,
there are redcoats forcibly marketing 8-track tapes. Apparently, you
do not need to listen to them (the tapes, not the redcoats), but you
do have to purchase them - because they tell you to! Bummer - that
must play hell with local tourism!

So much for vacationing in Galveston next summer - looks like we're
going back to Orlando again instead. I hate 8-tracks - they always
used to stick and wow in the winter. Then again, I haven't seen
redcoats since we went to Fort Henry in Kingston, ON a couple of years
ago, and I'm pretty sure that they were actors. A real live redcoat
would be cool! Hmmm - if the 8-track is cheap, I guess we could just
throw it away after we get a picture with the redcoat. We'll see.

Reference:

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=re...s.co m&rnum=1

(I wonder if some of these folks realize that 'Google Groups' archives
all newsgroup posts indefinitely - do a quick search on Google Groups
for KB5ZHT, and have a look a few through the 293 hits it finds. (Not
exactly what you would want someone to find if he strayed of QRZ and
looked you up one day!)

This has been going on for a while, huh?

73, Leo

Clint September 23rd 03 11:50 PM

you
gotta admit, this guy is a master debater!

a masterbater?

:)

Clint
KB5ZHT

Len Over 21 September 24th 03 10:42 PM

In article , "Clint" rattlehead at
computron dot net writes:

WHOA, PUTZBREATH!

Leo, an obvious PCTA, said this in a previous thread.. and I quote..

"Not intellectual enough to make his
point by rational arguement, he resorts to name calling and other
juvenile tactics to 'get his way'. "

oops.

A PCTA just did that, not a NCTA type.

Add "hypocrisy" to the list of the PCTA flaws in tactics and
debate skills.

Clint, you have to consider the ANONYMITY of this mighty, opinionated
nobody.

He (or she) hasn't the courage of their conviction to releal their identity.

Clint September 25th 03 12:29 AM

Clint, you have to consider the ANONYMITY of this mighty, opinionated
nobody.

He (or she) hasn't the courage of their conviction to releal their

identity.

And i'm telling you, guy, you can BET on this.... he's just a friend of some
sort
to one of the PCTA's who has asked him to jump in here on thier behalf and
appear as hypothetical observer. I've seen this tactic before. You have to
consider how hypocritical HE is (attacking our syntax and grammer, while
not saying a THING about the PCTA group's choice of words or
grammer).

But that's just fine. I don't mind debating with him either, it's even
EASIER
to beat for this reason because his heart and mind aren't really into it...
and if he ISN'T a ham, then it'll show through eventually but i'd hazard the
guess that long before it gets to that point you'll mysteriously see him
*vanish*.

Clint
KB5ZHT

Brian September 25th 03 12:01 PM

Leo wrote in message . ..

Instead of buying one, can I borrow your copy when you are done with
it?

Where should it be sent? To whom should it be addressed?