Old November 10th 03, 08:26 PM
KØHB

Default Houston, we have a solution

N2EY and others may enjoy this URL.

http://tinyurl.com/ue35

--
ô¿ô 73, de Hans, K0HB
Grand Exhalted Sniffer of the Fumes of Solder

Old November 12th 03, 02:57 AM
Jim Hampton

Hans,

I thought everyone used electrical tape

73 from Rochester, NY
Jim AA2QA
(ok, ok ... duct tape too)

hlink.net...

Old November 12th 03, 10:15 AM
Kim W5TIT

"Jim Hampton" wrote in message
Hans,

I thought everyone used electrical tape

73 from Rochester, NY
Jim AA2QA
(ok, ok ... duct tape too)

Duct tape, Jim. Duct tape!

Kim W5TIT

Old November 12th 03, 08:48 PM
Jim Hampton

Thanks, Kim.

Do I have it right in case I have to take my test again?
If it moves and shouldn't - "duct tape"
If it doesn't move and should - "WD-40"

I think I've got it, by jove!

73 from Rochester, NY
Jim
(ps - you *don't* want to see the makeshift dipole in my attic - it does
work, however. Electrical tape special.)

Old November 13th 03, 01:31 AM
Kim W5TIT

"Jim Hampton" wrote in message
Thanks, Kim.

Do I have it right in case I have to take my test again?
If it moves and shouldn't - "duct tape"
If it doesn't move and should - "WD-40"

I think I've got it, by jove!

73 from Rochester, NY
Jim
(ps - you *don't* want to see the makeshift dipole in my attic - it

does
work, however. Electrical tape special.)

Two true stories:
Duct tape used to "seal" a leaking radiator hose when I was traveling around
in Summertime down here in Texas. Kept telling myself I'd buy another hose
and get it on soon...it was still on through the Winter and into Spring,
when I finally broke down (not the car) and bought a new hose.

Electrical tape: on the way up to NY for a vacation, on the East side of
Dallas (still very easy to get back home to Ft Worth--mind you), the car's
carbeurator housing starts leaking and float starts sticking. I remember
using teflon plumbing tape when I make plumbing repairs around the house and
convince my then-husband to use electrical tape around the threads of the
fuel line connection to the carbeurator. He thinks I am absolutely friggin'
out of my mind. We removed the float valve, I applied the electrical tape
very carefully (like only a woman could do)--even making sure to back it off
from the first couple of rounds of threading so that the gasoline won't melt
the electrical tape and really cause a problem. Total repair took about a
half-hour and we happily drove the rest of the way to CT and NY. When we
got to CT, my trucker brother-in-law lifted the hood of the car as my hubby
was explaining what I made him do. My bil is all smiling and grinning and
shaking his head, and he looks at my hubby and says, "if it'd been one of us
that had come with that idea, it never would've worked." ROFLMAO!!!

When we got to NY, my dad used some kind of naval glue he'd been carrying
around for years. The car ran for several more years with no float
valve--it was the rear end that finally went on that one...

Yep, duct tape and electrical tape. Gotta have it.

Hey, check this out:

ducttapefashion.com

And, guaranteed blast he

ducttapeguys.com (my favorite is the "Stuck in Traffic Entries" on the
dropdown link)

Kim W5TIT

Old November 14th 03, 12:47 AM
N2EY

In article k.net, "KØHB"
writes:

N2EY and others may enjoy this URL.

http://tinyurl.com/ue35

Yeah, great stuff. Another challenge of microgravity!

73 de Jim, N2EY