Old November 12th 03, 04:42 AM
Len Over 21

Default The 14 Petitions

As of 6 PM EST on 11 November 2003, the number of ECFS
documents on public view a

RM-10805: 229
RM-10806: 214
RM-10807: 174
RM-10808: 191
RM-10809: 179
RM-10810: 178
RM-10811: 956 Total: 2,121 (10811 has 45.1% of total)

RM-10781: 321
RM-10782: 271
RM-10783: 276
RM-10784: 254
RM-10785: 256
RM-10786: 423
RM-10787: 674 Total 2,475 (10787 has 27.2% of total)

Grand total: 4,596 documents for all 14 petitions.

The Public Notice declaring 10781 through 10787 as open for
comments for 30 days was posted on 29 August 2003.

The Public Notice declaring 10805 through 10811 as open for
comments for 30 days was posted on 8 October 2003.

Docket 03-104 (Broadband over Power Lines) is still open for
comments and can be reached under the Consumer page at the
FCC for manually typed-in commentary rather than go to the ECFS
upload page. 03-104 had 5,086 comments on record.

FCC 03-104, the Docket on Broadband over Power Lines has 5,081
documents on record as of close of ECFS on 7 November 2003.

LHA
Old November 12th 03, 07:20 PM
Bert Craig

"Rupert" wrote in message
ink.net...
Len Over 21 wrote:

As of 6 PM EST on 11 November 2003, the number of ECFS
documents on public view a

What would be interesting is to find out how many are for the change,
and how many want to keep the code.

Me too. All this roundabout bravo sierra could be bypassed if there was a
ballot sent to all approx. 700,000 U.S. licensed hams. As long as quorum is
met, it's on! This concept (Democracy) frightens the bejesus out of many
folks who claim to speak for those not yet licensed.

But that's an empty argument. Get licensed and vote, tah dah! The big bad
"barrier" does not preclude anyone from getting their no-code Tech ticket
and executing a vote.

Simply announce a "record date" by which one must be licensed (To give those
"yet to be licensed a fair shot at a voice in the process.) and send a
ballot out to all those licensed "of record." Makes too much sense and
requires some effort. IOW, against the contemporary trend.

73 de Bert
WA2SI

Old November 14th 03, 03:39 AM
Len Over 21

In article , "Bert Craig"
writes:

"Rupert" wrote in message
link.net...
Len Over 21 wrote:

As of 6 PM EST on 11 November 2003, the number of ECFS
documents on public view a

What would be interesting is to find out how many are for the change,
and how many want to keep the code.

Me too. All this roundabout bravo sierra could be bypassed if there was a
ballot sent to all approx. 700,000 U.S. licensed hams. As long as quorum is
met, it's on! This concept (Democracy) frightens the bejesus out of many
folks who claim to speak for those not yet licensed.

But that's an empty argument. Get licensed and vote, tah dah! The big bad
"barrier" does not preclude anyone from getting their no-code Tech ticket
and executing a vote.

Egbert, according to the First Amendment of the United States
Constitution, there's NO "license membership requirement" to
petition our government for the redress of grievances. None at all.

You seem to be confusing the FCC with the ARRL. Try to
separate church from state.

Good luck on becoming unconfused.

LHA

Old November 14th 03, 03:39 AM
Len Over 21

In article . net, Rupert
writes:

Len Over 21 wrote:

As of 6 PM EST on 11 November 2003, the number of ECFS
documents on public view a

What would be interesting is to find out how many are for the change,
and how many want to keep the code.

There are only 4,600 documents in the ECFS as of the end of the
day on the east coast, this Thursday. If you have a large hard disk
and lots of time, feel free to collect ALL of them and view them, or
categorize them as you want. They are all in PDF and most
browsers will automatically invoke at least an Acrobat Reader (free
download from Adobe) if you click on the lower left underline of each
listing box.

Disregarding the RM-10811 comments, I'd say that the opinions are
roughly split evenly as to retention or elimination, based on spot-
checking the short (1-page) comments and reading all of the comments
over 1 page.

RM-10811 was submitted by FISTS and their website encourages
affirmative one-liners by all members. Over half of the FISTS petition
comments are such one or two sentence "support" statements.
According to the latest ARRL news blog, RM-10811 is the only one
that counts (FISTS is solidly pro-code) and Joe Speroni (a decided
PCTA) is the only acknowledged "petition statistician" in the ARRL
biased viewpoint.

Oddly enough, Speroni, AH0A, is responsible for RM-10808 which
gathered only 191 comments. The FISTS petition comment total
stands at 959.

The official Comment period for all petitions ended last week.

LHA

Old November 14th 03, 05:16 AM
Dave Heil

Len Over 21 wrote:

Egbert, according to the First Amendment of the United States
Constitution, there's NO "license membership requirement" to
petition our government for the redress of grievances. None at all.

From which particular grievance are you seeking redress, Leonard?

Dave K8MN
Old November 14th 03, 06:25 AM
Steve Robeson, K4CAP

(Len Over 21) wrote in message ...
In article ,

(Steve Robeson, K4CAP) writes:

I noticed that you couldn't find time to join in the Veteran's
Day greetings in another thread, although you profess admiration and
respect for them. Matter of fact, I don't believe I've EVER seen
you partake in any sincere regards on either Veteran's Day, Armed
Forces Day or Memorial Day.

1. You are NOT, nor ever were, my commanding officer or even
ranking superior anywhere, including this newsgroup.
You are just rank.

An answer I expected.

Usual LennieRanting.

You SHOULD thank God that I never WAS your "commanding officer"
under any circumstances. I never would have put up with your
broggadacio and lying.

2. I was elsewhere Sunday through Wednesday, taking part in
veterans memorial services or visiting the VA hospital here in
the Valley. Such visiting doesn't end after Veterans Day since
those guys (and a couple gals) aren't going anywhere else.
It's NOT like your own hypocritcal "sincerity" suddenly turning
on during an official holiday and then definitely turning OFF
all "sincerity" and so forth for the rest of the year.

YadaYadaYada.

Excuses of the lamest kind...again, an answer I would expect from
you. Others took the time to put a kind reply in there, even on the
"official" day

I do not believe you. I doubt you were ANYwhere near ANY veteran
for the purpose of supporting ANY veteran. Your track record of
untruthfulness lends itself to this doubt. You cannot be trusted.

You spend hundreds of hours yearly in THIS forum, yet when "kind
words" are being exchanged, even amongst the "opponents", you are
nowhere to be found.

3. This thread is solely about the 14 petitions against/for morse
code testing in the U.S. amateur radio license test regulations.
It was posted as a "heads up" for those who have not been
tracking the numbers of comments on the 14 petitions. Try
staying with the program.

As if you ever let a thread topic stop YOU from ranting on for
days about YOUR pet theme.

4. Back under your bridge little troll.

After you get out from under it, big troll.

You're a scumbag, Lennie Anderson. This just made it even a bit
more evident...

Steve, K4YZ
Old November 16th 03, 01:28 AM
N2EY

In article , "Bert Craig"
writes:

"Rupert" wrote in message
link.net...
Len Over 21 wrote:

[...]

Perhaps, but you might find that it's more complex than it appears at first.

Suppose someone did, indeed, poll everyone with a US ham license.

First off, there'd be a considerable number of ballots returned because the
license holder was either dead, dropped out, or didn't have a current address
in the database. Note that the last in that list is a rules violation.....

Second, the survey would have to be carefully constructed to get accurate
results. And you'd probably find that there's a wider diversity of opinion than
just "keep the code test/dump the code test". Yet at the same time you'd want
the survey to be simple.

Perhaps something like this:

"What is your opinion of code testing for an amateur license?"

1) It should be totally abolished
2) It should be required only for Extra
3) It should be required only for Extra and General
4) It should be required for any license with HF privileges
5) It should be required for any amateur license
6) No opinion/don't care

Yet this question doesn't address code speed or medical waivers, or other
possibilities like "choose the code test or a special written test".

The more choices given, the greater the possibility that none of them would be
a majority answer, or even a clear plurality. Then you'd be right back where
you were before.

Or you might find that the majority opinion was 6). What happens in that case?

73 de Jim, N2EY
Old November 16th 03, 02:53 PM
Alun

(Steve Robeson, K4CAP) wrote in
om:

(Len Over 21) wrote in message
In article ,
(Steve Robeson, K4CAP) writes:

[...]

This thread does have nothing to do with veterans. I would hope that the
main message of November 11th is that too many people have died in
senseless wars. BTW, I was in the local Veteran's Day parade with the
scouts.

This seems like a tactic to divert the thread from the no-code petitions.

The 14 Petitions Len Over 21 Policy 3 November 10th 03 12:31 AM
Amateur Radio Newsline™ Report 1362– September 19 2003 Radionews Policy 0 September 20th 03 04:13 PM
Amateur Radio Newsline™ Report 1362– September 19 2003 Radionews General 0 September 20th 03 04:12 PM
Amateur Radio Newsline™ Report 1362– September 19 2003 Radionews Dx 0 September 20th 03 04:12 PM