Old December 21st 03, 03:00 AM
Nobody You Know

Default K1MAN

Sometimes I listen to the ARUFON (UFO) Net on 3977.7, as I did tonight. But lo
and behold, guess who's planted his fat ass on 3973.0? K1MAN ! The UFO net had
already started and K1MAN just opens up 4 khz away without any regard to
ongoing QSOs.

Where the hell is the FCC? Why is K1MAN still on the air?

Nations are like leaves; they change color before they fall.
Old December 21st 03, 03:09 AM
Nobody You Know

I wrote:

K1MAN just opens up 4 khz away

oops, I meant 400 cycles.

Nations are like leaves; they change color before they fall.
Old December 21st 03, 03:14 AM
KØHB

"Nobody You Know" wrote

Sometimes I listen to the ARUFON (UFO) Net on 3977.7, as I did tonight.

But lo
and behold, guess who's planted his fat ass on 3973.0? K1MAN ! The UFO net

had
already started and K1MAN just opens up 4 khz away without any regard to
ongoing QSOs.

Do the math --- that's 4.7 khz, not 4 khz.

I have no love for the antics of K1MAN, but 4.7 khz is enough room to put 2
QSO's with modern 2.1 or 2.4 khz filters. If you can't separate two
stations almost 5 khz apart, then you need remedial tuning training.

73, de Hans, K0HB

Old December 21st 03, 03:27 AM
me

W1AW does the same thing daily.

Who Cares.

Old December 23rd 03, 01:52 AM
me

Sorry, but the point is W1AW, just like K1MAN, starts transmitting on top of
existing QSOs.

Neither moves up or down frequency to avoid causing interference.

"Dan/W4NTI" w4nti@get rid of this mindspring.com wrote in message
ink.net...
I would assume so. But why would one want to do that to W1AW? Oh...I get
it...you think they do the same thing, right? Wrong. Go listen to both

of
them. Tell me which one is doing HAM RADIO STUFF, and which isn't.

Dan/W4NTI

"me" wrote in message
nk.net...
Would that work with W1AW, also?

==============================
"Dan/W4NTI" w4nti@get rid of this mindspring.com wrote in message
ink.net...

"Nobody You Know" wrote in message

I have no love for the antics of K1MAN, but 4.7 khz is enough room

put
2
QSO's with modern 2.1 or 2.4 khz filters. If you can't separate

two
stations almost 5 khz apart, then you need remedial tuning

training.

73, de Hans, K0HB

Oh man, I'm sorry. I really messed up my original posting. K1MAN

opened
up
on
3977.3 khz, only 400 cycles away from the ARUFON net on 3977.7 khz.

NOW do you see my point?

Nations are like leaves; they change color before they fall.

Thats not possible. According to MAN he listened on that frequency

for
months and quote "never heard a thing", of course he IS in Maine.

What you do is this;

Record it.

Sign a statement of complaint and mail it to Riley Hollingsworth.

His e-mail is

Dan/W4NTI

Old December 23rd 03, 02:21 AM
Alun

"me" wrote in
ink.net:

"me" wrote in message
[...]

Exactly right. As a non-member of ARRL, I think you have to let K1MAN do
everything they do, or stop them both, and I don't advocate the latter.