Old December 21st 03, 06:52 PM
G. Doughty

Default New General

Well, passed my element one with no problems yesterday and have been trying to
get some contacts on hf with cw. I love cw but 5wpm just isn't cutting it so I
am back to Numorse to bring up my speed. Anyone out there that tried a contact
with me, sorry. I was forever putting out QRS and still not getting it all. I
will be back though as I cannot use phone when the baby is sleeping. The light
*tick-ticking* on the straight key doesn't disturb her as much as me talking.

Thanks
73
G. Doughty

Old December 21st 03, 10:22 PM
Dan/W4NTI

"G. Doughty" wrote in message
Well, passed my element one with no problems yesterday and have been

trying to
get some contacts on hf with cw. I love cw but 5wpm just isn't cutting it

so I
am back to Numorse to bring up my speed. Anyone out there that tried a

contact
with me, sorry. I was forever putting out QRS and still not getting it

all. I
will be back though as I cannot use phone when the baby is sleeping. The

light
*tick-ticking* on the straight key doesn't disturb her as much as me

talking.

Thanks
73
G. Doughty

Ahhhhh....a real ham in the making. Don't give up .....keep at it. I'll be
looking for you.

Dan/W4NTI

Old December 21st 03, 10:42 PM
Mike Coslo

"G. Doughty" wrote:

Well, passed my element one with no problems yesterday and have been
trying to get some contacts on hf with cw. I love cw but 5wpm just isn't
cutting it so I am back to Numorse to bring up my speed.

Anyone out there that tried a contact with me, sorry. I was forever
putting out QRS and still not getting it all. I will be back though.

You and me both G. (George?) 5wpm didn't work too well for me, so I'm
doing a lot of Numorse. don't forget to listen too, as there is a
difference between the computer spitting out Morse and real on the air
listening.

- Mike KB3EIA -

Old December 21st 03, 11:29 PM
garigue

Hello Guys .... give me a time and I'd be glad to meet
you on 80 or 40 after 9PM ....

God Bless Merrry Christmas ...Tom KI3R
"Mike Coslo" wrote in message
t...

Old December 21st 03, 11:38 PM
Dee D. Flint

Keep at it. Also keep trying on air work as that will bring your speed up
nicely. Check out the FISTS website and check out their code buddy program.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Old December 21st 03, 11:43 PM
Dee D. Flint

If someone wants to set up a time and frequency, I'd be happy to show up
too.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

"garigue" wrote in message
Hello Guys .... give me a time and I'd be glad to meet
you on 80 or 40 after 9PM ....

God Bless Merrry Christmas ...Tom KI3R
"Mike Coslo" wrote in message
t...

Old December 21st 03, 11:54 PM
KØHB

"G. Doughty" wrote

Anyone out there that tried a contact
with me, sorry. I was forever putting out QRS
and still not getting it all. I will be back though as I
cannot use phone when the baby is sleeping. The light
*tick-ticking* on the straight key doesn't disturb her
as much as me talking.

Next time you get the courage to fire up on the air, go to a frequency at
the lower part of most bands ending in "58" like 3558, 7058, 14058, or
21058. Usually you can find people there looking for slower Morse.

73, de Hans, K0HB

Old December 22nd 03, 12:38 AM
Greg Doughty

Wow! Thanks so much for the support. I thought I would get some negative
feedback but you guys are awesome. As far as setting up times, my daughter is
usually in bed by about 9pm. I get nervous though. That is what blew it the
first time I took the code. It's funny too, I find it difficult to send as
well, but I read a lot about how people find sending easier than receiving. I
actually have to write down what I want to send before I do it. Oh well,
practice makes perfect!!!

73
Greg

Old December 22nd 03, 01:30 AM
VA7LNX

KØHB wrote:

"G. Doughty" wrote

Anyone out there that tried a contact
with me, sorry. I was forever putting out QRS
and still not getting it all. I will be back though as I
cannot use phone when the baby is sleeping. The light
*tick-ticking* on the straight key doesn't disturb her
as much as me talking.

Next time you get the courage to fire up on the air, go to a frequency at
the lower part of most bands ending in "58" like 3558, 7058, 14058, or
21058. Usually you can find people there looking for slower Morse.

73, de Hans, K0HB

speaking of bands, what's a good band to start on for CW.

--
Donovan Hill
VA7LNX (Basic, Advanced)
Old December 22nd 03, 02:15 AM
KØHB

"VA7LNX" wrote

speaking of bands, what's a good band to start on for CW.

Whichever one sounds open at your location. I prefer 30 and 40 meters.

73, Hans, K0HB

Special General coverage RX FS milradio Equipment 0 December 10th 03 01:55 PM
Special General coverage RX FS milradio General 0 December 10th 03 01:55 PM
Response to "21st Century" Part Two (Communicator License) N2EY Policy 0 November 30th 03 01:28 PM
No Code General Twistedhed Homebrew 40 November 16th 03 03:02 PM
Tech+ to General upgrade question N2EY Policy 5 July 6th 03 04:43 AM