RadioBanter

-   -   Bookmark for Santa (https://www.radiobanter.com/policy/27200-bookmark-santa.html)

KØHB January 8th 04 01:05 AM

"Bert Craig" wrote

I feel for the poor slob who finally breaks
down and buys a '7800 just before the '7800
Pro or Pro II comes out.

First of all, I don't think he'd be poor, and why are you calling me a slob?

I'm placing my order.

73, de Hans, K0HB

Bert Craig January 8th 04 01:13 AM

"KØHB" wrote in message
link.net...

"Bert Craig" wrote

I feel for the poor slob who finally breaks
down and buys a '7800 just before the '7800
Pro or Pro II comes out.

First of all, I don't think he'd be poor, and why are you calling me a

slob?

I'm placing my order.

73, de Hans, K0HB

I stand corrected, Hans...and still lol. ;-)

73 de Bert
WA2SI

Dave Heil January 8th 04 04:57 AM

Bert Craig wrote:

"Dave Heil" wrote in message
"Steven R. Adell - KF2TI" wrote:

In article ,
says...
"KØHB" wrote in message

thlink.net...
I'm in love.....

http://www.icom.co.jp/world/products...7800/index.htm

....or maybe in lust.

Wowee!

I Like Ike(com)!

And a Wowee price $9995.00 (discounted) KJI Electronics

I'll just keep slogging along with my ancient Orion. For the price of a
'7800, I could own three Orions.

Dave K8MN

I believe that's the beauty of the Orion, it's never "ancient." The latest
upgrade is just a download away. I feel for the poor slob who finally breaks
down and buys a '7800 just before the '7800 Pro or Pro II comes out.

TT just keeps making it better and better. The rig is now about eight
months old and I've downloaded about ten firmware releases in that time.

Dave K8MN

Dave Heil January 8th 04 05:06 AM

"KØHB" wrote:

"Bert Craig" wrote

I feel for the poor slob who finally breaks
down and buys a '7800 just before the '7800
Pro or Pro II comes out.

First of all, I don't think he'd be poor, and why are you calling me a slob?

I'm placing my order.

*Free Advice*

*No strings attached*

*Absolutely FREE*

Call Ten-Tec and have 'em ship you an Orion. If you don't fall in love
with it within the first thirty days, return it for a full refund (less
shipping charges). You can buy a fancy new four-wheeler with the extra
change you'd spend on the '7800.

Dave K8MN

Bert Craig January 8th 04 09:41 AM

"Dave Heil" wrote in message
"KØHB" wrote:

"Bert Craig" wrote

I feel for the poor slob who finally breaks
down and buys a '7800 just before the '7800
Pro or Pro II comes out.

First of all, I don't think he'd be poor, and why are you calling me a

slob?

I'm placing my order.

*Free Advice*

*No strings attached*

*Absolutely FREE*

Call Ten-Tec and have 'em ship you an Orion. If you don't fall in love
with it within the first thirty days, return it for a full refund (less
shipping charges). You can buy a fancy new four-wheeler with the extra
change you'd spend on the '7800.

Dave K8MN

Not to mention, support a product made in the USA.

73 de Bert
WA2SI

KØHB January 8th 04 03:17 PM

"Bert Craig" wrote

Not to mention, support a product made in the USA.

Ya mean like an AMC Gremlin, or an MFJ (anything they make), or Budweiser
beer?

I'll do my part for the hillbilly economy and support Jack Daniels. You and
Dave can support TenTec.

73, de Hans, K0HB

N2EY January 8th 04 05:48 PM

Dave Heil wrote in message ...
I also like my real analog meter better than a digital
simulation.

My Southgate Type 7 has *two* real analog meters. Nice
easy-to-read round 3-1/2 inch ones.

Also Made In USA.

73 de Jim, N2EY

Brian January 9th 04 01:11 PM

(N2EY) wrote in message . com...
Dave Heil wrote in message ...
I also like my real analog meter better than a digital
simulation.

My Southgate Type 7 has *two* real analog meters. Nice
easy-to-read round 3-1/2 inch ones.

Also Made In USA.

73 de Jim, N2EY

Now digital is not as good as analog? digital is a mere simulation?

Bert Craig January 9th 04 05:31 PM

(N2EY) wrote in message . com...
Dave Heil wrote in message ...
I also like my real analog meter better than a digital
simulation.

My Southgate Type 7 has *two* real analog meters. Nice
easy-to-read round 3-1/2 inch ones.

Also Made In USA.

73 de Jim, N2EY

I feel likewise, there's just something about an analog meter.

73 de Bert
WA2SI

Len Over 21 January 10th 04 08:34 PM

In article ,
(Brian) writes:

(N2EY) wrote in message
.com...
Dave Heil wrote in message

I also like my real analog meter better than a digital
simulation.

My Southgate Type 7 has *two* real analog meters. Nice
easy-to-read round 3-1/2 inch ones.

Also Made In USA.

73 de Jim, N2EY

Now digital is not as good as analog? digital is a mere simulation?

Brian, "real" radios are ANALOG.

Real he-men morsemen don't use digital.

Digital is for techno-weebs who "don't have any interest in radio!"

Dave (who is interested in radio because he learned morse) can
download FIRMWARE for his Orion!

Analog morsemen are high tech, "interested in radio!"

LHA

What the heck is a "Southgate Type 7?"

Why is it named after a community in southern California?

Why doesn't Jimmie have a Type 8? Can't he download FIRMWARE
to improve it?

Did he ever have a Type 6?

Does he need a mailing address for the Jan Smithers Fan Club?

So many questions...

lha