Old January 27th 04, 10:13 AM
Expeditionradio

Default BETTER HF FREQUENCY PLAN for AMATEUR RADIO

A BETTER HF FREQUENCY PLAN for AMATEUR RADIO.
Please forward this to every amateur radio
operator you know.

ARRL's Frequency Plan Was Obsolete
Before It Was Proposed!

Our Amateur Bands Should be Defined By Bandwidth,
Not Mode.

Digital modulation and processing is changing the
way we communicate and coexist in the HF frequency
spectrum. The ARRL frequency proposal is obsolete
and based on "20th Century Thinking". With the
multitude of new digital and analog modulation
schemes, including "digital voice", there are
compelling reasons to integrate voice, CW, data,
image, and keyboarding modes.

The old definitions of what a "mode" is are blurred.
Free us to advance amateur radio into the future
by simply dividing up the HF bands according to
"emission bandwidth" for better distribution of
spectrum activity.

A BETTER HF FREQUENCY PLAN:

kHz
1800 to 2000 any mode 500Hz bandwidth
1830 to 2000 any mode 3kHz bandwidth
3500 to 4000 any mode 500Hz bandwidth
3600 to 4000 any mode 3kHz bandwidth
5MHz channels - mode 2.8kHz bandwidth
7000 to 7300 any mode 500Hz bandwidth
7075 to 7300 any mode 3kHz bandwidth
10100 to 10150 any mode 500kHz bandwidth
10115 to 10150 any mode 3kHz bandwidth
14000 to 14300 any mode 500Hz bandwidth
14075 to 14300 any mode 3kHz bandwidth
18068 to 18168 any mode 500Hz bandwidth
18080 to 18168 any mode 3kHz bandwidth
21000 to 21450 any mode 500Hz bandwidth
21100 to 21450 any mode 3kHz bandwidth
21350 to 21450 any mode 10kHz bandwidth
24890 to 24990 any mode 3kHz bandwidth
28000 to 29700 any mode 500Hz bandwidth
28100 to 29700 any mode 3kHz bandwidth
28600 to 29700 any mode 10kHz bandwidth

This is our chance to improve the usable space
in the HF bands, to build for our future.
This solves the 40 meter and 80 meter international
split-band problems.

Please try to convince your ARRL representative not
to go with the antiquated frequency plan.

..

..

Old January 27th 04, 01:52 PM
Alun

(Expeditionradio) wrote in
:

--

On the whole I agree with what you propose. However, on 20-10m it gives
more phone than the IARU bandplan, and on 40 it gives less. It would make

73 de Alun, N3KIP
Old January 27th 04, 08:39 PM
David Robbins

"Expeditionradio" wrote in message

A REALLY BETTER HF FREQUENCY PLAN:

kHz
1800 to 2000 any mode
3500 to 4000 any mode
5MHz channels - mode stuck on usb i believe
7000 to 7300 any mode
10100 to 10150 any mode
14000 to 14350 any mode
18068 to 18168 any mode
21000 to 21450 any mode
24890 to 24990 any mode
28000 to 29700 any mode

let the modes fight it out and the 'good amateur practice' with voluntary
band plans work it out. they are much easier to adjust than fcc dictated
mode divisions of the bands.

Old January 27th 04, 10:50 PM
garigue

let the modes fight it out and the 'good amateur practice' with voluntary
band plans work it out.

I have just met with Herr Hitler and he is a rather nice chap. He only
wants a little lebensraum for his people ...only this and nothing more
.....peace has been secured for our lifetime.

God Bless 73 KI3R Tom Popovic Belle Vernon Pa