Old February 9th 04, 11:18 PM
Steve Robeson, K4CAP

Default Don't Shirk Morsemanship...EMBRACE IT!

For many years now the sane and the reasonable in this forum have
dodged Lennie the Liar's labelling of the Code Tested among us as
"morsemen", "mighty morsemen", etc etc. If for no other reason than
because HE uses it to try an belittle us.

But I have to ask myself...WHY...?!?! =)

I have a skill that precious few have (certainly one LENNIE
doesn't have!). It took a certain amount of work, determination and
concentration to "get it right", and everytime I use it, it's just a
bit different than the last time, but thrilling and fulfilling
nonetheless....Almost like an artist putting brush to canvas.

When the guys on 14.195 are still yelling "YOU'RE FIVE NINE IN
DETROIT BUT I MISSED YOUR CALLSIGN AND HANDLE...", I have a "rare one"
in the log and am moving on to the next challenge.

When the gang on the SSB traffic net is fighting QRN from hell, I
have QSL'ed the traffic and am on my second cup of coffee.

Where the guys on phone pass up a "CQ" in a foreign tounge or
heavy accent, I answer and make a friend.

I've helped relay messages home for my Brother Marines and other
services that meant keeping that "personal touch alive. Yes,
cellphones and Internet have driven that need to almost zero, but the
"basic traffic handlers" have still proven thier worth in the 21st
century.

I've made friends in other countries that I wouldn't have
otherwise made due to LACK of technology in those parts of the world,
and on at least a couple of occassions my travels led me to their
doorstep.

Who could ask for any better justification for embracing Morse
skills than making a friend?

Well, I know that's an rhetorical question and the pundits and
antagonists (especially our resident pathological liar, social barfly
and NON-licensee, Lennie H. Anderson) will now "have at it" and tell
me how it violates some right of theirs...Oh well...

I have something Lennie can't ever have...WON'T ever have, and
will never understand...self-inflicted ignorance is his own undoing.

So sign me...proudly at that...

Steve Robeson, K4YZ
Mighty Morseman
Old February 10th 04, 12:46 AM
Robert Casey

So sign me...proudly at that...

Steve Robeson, K4YZ
Mighty Morseman

Bring back the code only license.....

Old February 10th 04, 10:54 AM
Steve Robeson, K4CAP

Robert Casey wrote in message ...

Bring back the code only license.....

Why, Robert?

WHERE have you seen me or ANYone else in this forum suggest that
Morse Code is the ONLY mode we want to operate?

73

Steve, K4YZ
Old February 10th 04, 04:07 AM
Dee D. Flint

"Steve Robeson, K4CAP" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Very nice article. At the moment I am only a little Morseman but perhaps
someday I too will be a Mighty Morseman.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Old February 10th 04, 06:36 AM
Len Over 21

In article , "Dee D. Flint"
writes:

At the moment I am only a little Morseman but perhaps
someday I too will be a Mighty Morseman.

In CW nobody can hear your gender... :-)

LHA / WMD

Old February 11th 04, 01:32 AM
Len Over 21

In article , "Dee D. Flint"
writes:

Well like too many people, he is putting the emPHAsis on the wrong sylLABle
in the word Morseman. He seems to choose to ignore that the correct suffix
for a group of humans is -man. Instead he chooses to confuse it with the
gender specific version of the word man. Actually the oldest meaning of the
word "man" is human. Females were "women" and males were "wermen."
Overtime, the prefix for the males was dropped and the single word "man" was
used for both the human race and the male of the species. I think we ought
to resurrect the prefix for the males so that the liberals don't continue
this confusion.

In CW nobody can HEAR your gender.

In here we can hear you scream... :-)

Get out your nun's habit and brandish the ruler, Mama Dee. Lots of
seven-year-old amateur extras in here need "correction." :-)

Be nice to the gunnery nurse or he will call you "scum" and "putz"
and make you get down and give you ten! [in the USMC way, of
course...]

LHA / WMD