Old February 13th 04, 02:29 AM
Larry Roll K3LT

In article , Alun
writes:

Another domino falls

Alun:

Just make it easy on yourself and consider them all fallen. Code testing is on
the way out everywhere, including the U.S. -- and that story is old news. The
big thing now is BPL. Check out the ARRL website and look at their BPL test
video. Terrifying. This will do a lot more harm to the ARS than a few
thousand lazy whiners who finally got their HF phone privileges handed to them
for nothing.

73 de Larry, K3LT

Old February 13th 04, 04:37 AM
JJ

Larry Roll K3LT wrote:
The
big thing now is BPL. Check out the ARRL website and look at their BPL test
video. Terrifying. This will do a lot more harm to the ARS than a few
thousand lazy whiners who finally got their HF phone privileges handed to them
for nothing.

73 de Larry, K3LT

Here is the response I received from Alan Shark, president and CEO of
the Power Line Communications Association, on my question of the
intereference that will be caused by BPL. These guys are simply ignoring
any facts because big money is at stake. Other countries have abandoned
BPL because of the intereference it causes, yet this guy claims "there
is no hard evidence to suport the AWRL (ARRL) concerns." I emailed him
back and suggested he go to the ARRL web site and take a look at the
videos made that clearly shows the level of interference. I also asked
him who these scientists are he refers to and if they had any hard
evidence that BPL will not cause interference to the HF spectrum. Think
there is some reason for his last name being Shark?

***************
I appreciate your concern. To date there is no such hard evidence to
support the AWRL concerns. In fact scientists have disputed such claims.
Let's see what the NTIA and the FCC come up with by way of real-life
field tests. As a veteran who has fought for our country, and who loves
this country, I would not support something that would in anyway be
harmful to local, state or national security.

Alan R. Shark, D.P.A., CAE
President & CEO
AMTA/PLCA
200 N. Glebe Road, Suite 1000
Arlington, Virginia 22203

Direct: 202.835.7814
Fax 202.331.9062
Mobile:202.669.6544

Old February 14th 04, 02:14 AM
JJ

William wrote:

BPL is not allowed to interfere with your amateur communications.
Would you have it any other way?

bb

Ah so naive, that is what they say now; just wait, if it starts to make
big money, that will change. You really don't think they are going to
take BPL down just to avoid interference to hams do you?