Old February 19th 04, 04:47 PM
Mike Coslo

Jim Hampton wrote:
Steve,

Regardless of where anyone stands on the code/no code issue, it appears
there are two groups of folks. One group will step up to the plate and do
what is necessary to obtain the license if they really want it.

There are two kinds of people. Those who divide everything into two
kinds, and those who don't. ;^)

The other
group simply waits until the requirements are reduced or dropped altogether.
Yep, if I had wanted to wait until the code was dropped to 5 words per
minute, I'd have waited 40 years. By that time, I'd have forgotten the code
and since there was talk about eliminating the code, I'd still be waiting

And how! I only became interested in the ARS at the time that Morse was
already at 5wpm, but there were those that suggested I might want to
wait. Not a good idea. I'd still be waiting, and if my predictions pan
out, I'd still be waiting a few more years...

- Mike KB3EIA -

Old February 19th 04, 11:16 PM
Dee D. Flint

"Mike Coslo" wrote in message

And how! I only became interested in the ARS at the time that Morse was
already at 5wpm, but there were those that suggested I might want to
wait. Not a good idea. I'd still be waiting, and if my predictions pan
out, I'd still be waiting a few more years...

- Mike KB3EIA -

Basically that's what I tell my students. Regardless of their opinions on
code testing, they should take control of their amateur radio participation
by passing the current requirements and get on the air. At best they've
avoided waiting and been able to enjoy HF for that period of time. At
worst, they've spent a few hours to learn a useful skill that they may or
may not decide to actually use on the air.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

fa: $9.99 PRIM M131 "GREEN BULLET" MICROPHONE>Neat Lookin' Rich WA2RQY Equipment 0 January 11th 05 02:44 PM
lookin for BC-610 Nancy Young General 0 February 15th 04 07:29 PM
HTX-245/ 2meter-70cm ht: lookin for a hand Raymond A. Miller Equipment 0 February 1st 04 08:59 AM
HTX-245/ 2meter-70cm ht: lookin for a hand Raymond A. Miller Equipment 0 February 1st 04 08:59 AM
HTX-245/ 2meter-70cm ht: lookin for a hand Raymond A. Miller General 0 February 1st 04 08:59 AM