Old February 18th 04, 06:40 PM
Burr

Default Opinions of Universal Radio ?

I have used them many times with no problems.

Burr

Rusty in Louisville wrote:
I would like to get some opinions about
Universal Radio, Inc., located in Reynoldsburg, Ohio.

My reason for asking is they seem to never ship on time
and always have to back order, sometimes taking 30 days
or more to back order.

Rusty in Louisville

Old February 18th 04, 06:44 PM
Gray Shockley

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 12:13:10 -0600, Rusty in Louisville wrote
(in message ):

I would like to get some opinions about
Universal Radio, Inc., located in Reynoldsburg, Ohio.

My reason for asking is they seem to never ship on time
and always have to back order, sometimes taking 30 days
or more to back order.

Rusty in Louisville

I've ordered several small orders from
them and never had any problems.

/gray/

Old February 18th 04, 07:42 PM
Mark S. Holden

Rusty in Louisville wrote:

I would like to get some opinions about
Universal Radio, Inc., located in Reynoldsburg, Ohio.

My reason for asking is they seem to never ship on time
and always have to back order, sometimes taking 30 days
or more to back order.

Rusty in Louisville

I've ordered a few things from them and had good luck.

My impression is phone orders get processed faster than on line ones.

All Electronics is another outfit that seems to process phone orders faster than internet ones.
Old February 18th 04, 08:09 PM
Bill

In message , Mark S. Holden
writes
My impression is phone orders get processed faster than on line ones.

I've had the same experience with them, they did say when I phoned them
to chase an online order that they always had a LARGE amount of on line
orders. I was also quoted 30 days but the kit has always arrived much
quicker than that, even taking into account customs at this end.

--
Bill G8IAY
Old February 18th 04, 09:03 PM
snow

I always had good service from them over the years. No complaints. I bought
a Sony SW 100 off their used equipment site once for about $180 and it was
spotless.
So they are good company from my experiences.

Old February 18th 04, 09:23 PM
Steve Wolf

My telephone introduction is, "I'd like to get a price on an item but only
if you have it in stock and can ship it immediately". That filters the
just-in-time philosophy out of the ordering process.

73,
Steve, W8IZ

Old February 18th 04, 10:40 PM
Mark S. Holden

Steve Wolf wrote:
My telephone introduction is, "I'd like to get a price on an item but only
if you have it in stock and can ship it immediately". That filters the
just-in-time philosophy out of the ordering process.

73,
Steve, W8IZ

Only if the dealer you call is honest.

Old February 18th 04, 10:51 PM
Tom Welch

I bought a new radio from Universal Radio
and got a radio that didn't work and was a
return from a prior sale.

THe people at Universal Radio restock used
radios and sell them as new.

**** UNIVERSAL RADIO, I will never do business
with these crooks again.

Tom Welch
Old February 19th 04, 12:41 AM
Dave Holford

Tom Welch wrote:

I bought a new radio from Universal Radio
and got a radio that didn't work and was a
return from a prior sale.

THe people at Universal Radio restock used
radios and sell them as new.

**** UNIVERSAL RADIO, I will never do business
with these crooks again.

Tom Welch

Not bad, 90% approval.
Sounds like they can be trusted to do a good job.

Dave