Old March 2nd 04, 08:06 PM

Suggest you find your local ham radio store & local ham radio clubs.
Ask them all for attorneys who are hams.
Talk with those attorneys, who are your best choices.
All will know that, as long as your rig will stand inspection (i.e., no
linears, legal output), that a letter to the power company will make this
problem go away.

But, where are you, and which power comany is this? Are you in the
Commonwealth?

Would appreciate you posting the entire letter here (redacting your
address, of course).

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 15:36:25 -0800, wrote:

Hi, The local utility here has a ISP service via the power lines and I
have a CB station that I like to talk on at night. Yesterday I received a
letter from a law firm threatening to sue me if I don't cease my CB
operations in ten days. I don't run illegal amps or anything. Does anyone
know if what they are threatening me with is legal?

--
Nobody but a fool goes into a federal counterrorism operation without duct tape - Richard Preston, THE COBRA EVENT.
Old March 4th 04, 01:26 PM
Bert Craig

"Phil Kane" wrote in message . net...
On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 02:25:21 GMT, Bert Craig wrote:

Heck, Phil. You could've at least answered the chap's question on the off
chance it's legit. If the guy's system is legal, can the ISP bring and win
an interference based suit?

Bring, yes. Win, no.

That's good to hear, sort of. Sadly, it appears that it has become
standard (accepted) business practice to "win the war" by allowing the
smaller individual plaintiff to wage a battle that the larger
defendent will just draw out indefinitely while said plaintiff
literally "dies on the vine." I have seen this up close and personal
and lemme tell ya...it ain't pretty. Justice and truth get thrown
right out the window.

He needs to get a competent lawyer to explain
it to all concerned.

I agree and would add that it should be a competent communications
attorney. Grab a Tech ticket, join the league, and ask their legal
department for some guidance. BPL is a pretty hot issue nowadays so I
bet you'll get a serious and concerned response.

73 es GL de Bert, WA2SI