Old March 2nd 04, 07:38 AM
(Twistedhed)

Default Hamfest any good for a pirate to go to?

"DJboutit" wrote:
I am thinking about going to a few hamfest in the
next few months. Would a hamfest be worth it to
go for a pirate radio operator? I live in Tx and
their are like good hamfests here like once a
month. I am thinking about the to this hamfest
http://www.hamcom.org/ m
an that looking a
super sized one. I am looking for anybody that
has been to one of these hamfest, just wanted
to know what to expect and one of these events
so I will know if it will be worth it or not to go to
one.
AO=AO=AO

-
Most hammies are cool with the pirate thing
but watch out for the frequency police types,,
such as the no code lids who perpetuate
their comunication deficit and purport to claim
"rules" in the CB room KC8LDO, N8WWM, N3CVJ
WA3MOJ,,,,

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Article poste via Voila News - http://www.news.voila.fr
Le : Tue Mar 2 08:38:56 2004 depuis l'IP : aca2bbfa.ipt.aol.com [VIP 532284301978]
Old March 3rd 04, 08:03 PM
mooninpappa

If you like radio in any guise you will love the hamfest days out!
Loads of junk and stuff. I came across an FM exciter tx with home brew 35
watt PA for £5
If there is any gear there the hams ain't interested so it's usually cheap!
Plus in the UK, in theory any court/ RA/ seized gear, is sold to hams for
dismantling and experimental use at such events, worth keeping an eye out.