Old March 14th 04, 03:16 PM
Steve Robeson, K4CAP

Default Uh Oh, Lennie...More Bad News...!!!

I guess someone should have told the Governor that all that stuff he
just lauded Amateurs for never happens, that cell-sites never fail,
that every Public Service employee using the "company radio" is more
valuable than trained Amateurs, and that his Proclamation was just a
self-serving waste of time that only perpetuates the "mythos" of
Amateur Radio's public service role...?!?!

Naaaaaahhhhh...Let's all enjoy the moment and wish our congrats
to all WI Hams...

Lennie..."I am laughing at the superior intellect...! ! !

73

Steve, K4YZ

A PROCLAMATION

WHEREAS, during times of national and state emergencies, amateur radio
operators continue to provide communication resources which are
provided at no cost to the Wisconsin taxpayers; and

WHEREAS, there continues to be a need for amateur radio operators to
provide emergency communication capabilities as a backup resource
during state and national emergencies; and

WHEREAS, amateur radio operators participate in the Community
Emergency Response Teams (CERT) program as volunteers providing their
communications expertise; and

WHEREAS, amateur radio clubs throughout the State of Wisconsin,
provide radio courses of instruction, encourage and assist with grade
school and high school programs about amateur radio, and in the
process, enhance student interest in science, geography and physics,
thus provide the opportunity to become a licensed amateur radio
operator; and

WHEREAS, amateur radio operators, participating in SKYWARN provide
trained and radio equipped severe weather spotters to assist the
National Weather Service and the State of Wisconsin; and

WHEREAS, amateur radio organizations such as the Radio Amateur Civil
Emergency Services (RACES) and the Amateur Radio Emergency Services
(ARES) are organized and trained to provide emergency communication
support; and

WHEREAS, amateur radio organizations such as Amateur Radio Emergency
Services (ARES) provide communication support for community and public
service events to help ensure the safety of all attendees,
participants and observers; and

WHEREAS, amateur radio operators test their capability to operate
“in the field” using alternate power sources during the
June annual Field Day;

NOW, THEREFORE, I, Jim Doyle, Governor of the State of Wisconsin, do
hereby proclaim June 26, 2004

AMATEUR RADIO OPERATOR RECOGNITION DAY

I commend this observance to all citizens.

IN TESTIMONY WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand and caused the Great
Seal of the State of Wisconsin to be affixed. Done at the Capitol in
the City of Madison this fifth day of March in the year two thousand
four.

Jim Doyle
Governor

Douglas La Follette
Secretary Of State

Old March 15th 04, 04:10 AM
Robert Casey

William wrote:

WHERAS Steve Quixoterobeson is not from WI, but pats hisself on the back anyway.

For the system to work, you need hams outside the disaster area to talk
to the
hams in the disaster area....

Old March 15th 04, 01:22 PM
William

Robert Casey wrote in message ...
William wrote:

WHERAS Steve Quixoterobeson is not from WI, but pats hisself on the back anyway.

For the system to work, you need hams outside the disaster area to talk
to the
hams in the disaster area....

Did you and/or Steve handle any message traffic?
Old March 15th 04, 04:13 PM
Steve Robeson, K4CAP

William wrote:

WHERAS Steve Quixoterobeson is not from WI, but pats hisself on the back anyway.

For the system to work, you need hams outside the disaster area to talk
to the
hams in the disaster area....

It doesn't matter, Robert...Lennie and PuppetBoy have been left
with their fly's open once again, and they'll be digging hard to try
and "spin" their collective way out of this, yet another glaring
example of Lennie's "mythos" rants against Amateur Radio.

The programs specifically cited about in the Proclamation are the
same programs in every State of the Union.

I'm "laughing at the superior intellect" once again.

73

Steve, K4YZ
Old March 15th 04, 08:16 PM
Len Over 21

In article , Robert Casey
writes:

William wrote:

WHERAS Steve Quixoterobeson is not from WI, but pats hisself on the back
anyway.

For the system to work, you need hams outside the disaster area to talk
to the hams in the disaster area....

Some hams ARE disaster areas... :-)

LHA / WMD