Old April 5th 04, 12:02 AM
N2EY

In article , (Steve
Robeson K4CAP) writes:

Subject: Why Can't N-ZERO-IMD Validate His Own Claims...?!?!
From:
PAMNO (N2EY)
Date: 4/3/2004 9:32 PM Central Standard Time
In article , Mike Coslo
writes:

What I find most intriguing is that the tower was there long before the
McMansions were built, so the builders and the buyers were not surprised.
Now
they're all upset. Just like when the Blue Route was finally built here
in the Philadelphia area.

Not uncommon at all, Jim. In my area, we have farmers that hve sold off
land for development, after which the people that moved into the
development sued to shut the farmer down because of the noxious smells
emanating from the farm.

Now that's dumb!

Even dumber...

It's now moot...but when I was at El Toro/Tustin in the 80's we'd
routinely
get phone calls at the abse complaining about the "[expletive] jet noise"...

I don't know how the one call got routed to the AeroClub this one
Saturday
morning, but the guy was P.O.ed that an A6 Intruder just flew by his new
condo.

I asked him to give me his location so I could pass the info to Base
Ops...Turns out he bout a condo for a quarter mill only 350 YARDS from the
right-of-way corridor to the 34 duals at El Toro.

oh dear...

I asked him if he hadn't noticed all the jet traffic when he bought the
place and he said no.

I told him that my pick-up truck, which cost less than a tenth of what he
paid for his condo, had features on it I didn't care for, but I didn't fuss
about them because I KNEW what I was buying before I signed on the dotted
line!

Well there you have it.

I also pointed out that the base had been here since 1942 and flying
jets since 1949. His condo was still dripping wet pain off the ceiling.

That's when I hung up on him.

Not nice!

I don't blame it entirely on the people suing, the farmer had to be
pretty stupid to not know that "development people don't like nature
very much.......

How would the farmer know?

This past Wednesday, I was in Lancaster County, PA. Amish/Mennonite
country,
although development is pushing many of the Old Order out. We stopped at the
Wawa at the intersection of 30 and 896. In three directions there were
outlet
malls and retail stores. In the fourth direction was a working farm, and a
farmer with a team of 6 horses cultivating. The smell was definitely rural
but not unpleasant.

Nothing like fresh tilled earth....But it's the freshly fertilized earth
(courtesy of the team of horses!) that set it apart!

Yep. Not a bad smell, either, and it won't hurt you.

Some would criticize the farmer using horses. But a tractor won't make little
tractors to replace itself when it's worn out. Most farmers cannot yet grow
tractor fuel (although biodiesel may change that) and tractor exhaust isn't
good for the field.

73 de Jim, N2EY

The Apollo Hoax FAQ darla General 0 July 22nd 04 12:14 PM
Are GAM SS-2 VHF 35" whip marine antenna 6db performance claims possible? SDNomad Antenna 7 January 12th 04 05:04 PM
Why You Don't Like The ARRL N2EY Policy 87 December 26th 03 05:52 PM
WA3MOJ CLAIMS "NEVER SAID I WAS WA3MOJ" Cool Breeze Policy 0 August 21st 03 11:27 PM