Old March 25th 04, 11:12 PM
Bert Craig

Default r.r.a.p 40m CW Net

Anybody in favor of conducting a brief weekly check-in on 7037 kHz?
Not a 'War and Peace' ragchewing session, just a friendly way to make
contact other than on the newsgroup.

It might encourage newbies to check in and would probably help
overcome any trepidation and build confidence. (5 to
8-wpm...Farnsworth?)

Tuesday mornings at say...0100z? (Relax, that's Monday evening at 8 PM
around these parts.)

Format?

CQ CQ CQ de rrap rrap

QNI? K

WA2SI Bert K
KB3EIA Mike K
N2EY Jim K
N8UZE Dee K
etc...

QNI?

GN de rrap rrap 73 73

Suggestions?

73 de Bert
WA2SI
Old March 26th 04, 02:28 AM
Dan/W4NTI

"Bert Craig" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Great idea.....but I can't copy 5 wpm.

Dan/W4NTI

Old March 26th 04, 03:11 AM
Jack Twilley

Old March 26th 04, 03:41 AM
Dee D. Flint

"Bert Craig" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Sorry, got community band practice that night.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Old March 31st 04, 04:55 AM
Bert Craig

Hi Brian,

I actually showed up late for my own party. At 0110, I got home and tined in
to find two stations in QSO. I dropped down a few kHz and gave Jim a call as
I figured he'd be one of the sure bets. No dice. I'm pretty sure he was
about, just not where I was at a given time or he/I got lost in the QSB.

I'd sure like to give it a go again, perhaps a different day/time that'd
work for most here. (Thinkin' about ya, Dee.) I recently checked into the
Elecraft net and was treated to working a Hawiian station immediately
after...on 4 Watts! (more'n halfway to WAS now!)

73 de Bert
WA2SI

"Brian Kelly" wrote in message
om...
(Bert Craig) wrote in message

. com...
PAMNO (N2EY) wrote in message
In article ,

(Bert Craig) writes:

Tuesday mornings at say...0100z? (Relax, that's Monday evening at 8

PM
around these parts.)

Works for me!

7037 plus-minus QRM, 8 PM EST

BCNU

73 de Jim, N2EY

Sounds great! And once again, just to reiterate, this should not be a
pressure thing. If someone knows how to send their callsign plus QNI
and a K, then you've successfully "touched base" and said "hi."

Now, if some nice Elmer-type frequent R.R.A.Per who happens to have a
webpage would like to have a small section called 'R.R.A.P Net
Roster'...well, that'd be just swell. Hmmm...womder who'd be the best
candidate? 0:-)

73 de Bert
WA2SI

OK, so what happened? Who showed up, actually did some real radio and

worked who?

w3rv

Old March 31st 04, 07:55 AM
Jack Twilley