Old April 29th 04, 02:06 AM
William

"KØHB" wrote in message link.net...
"Carl R. Stevenson" wrote
.

NCI's Board of Directors debated the issues and,
while there was not 100% agreeement on our personal
views we agreed that we should represent our members'
views to the FCC and that we could each file our personal
comments to voice our personal views.

In the military that is commonly called "go along to get along"
leadership or "let's have a beauty contest and even if the winner
is ugly we can swallow hard and put a bag over her head".

73, de Hans, K0HB

That's why I thanked my lucky stars that I met the Air Force
standards. What few females we got were the Calendar Girls.
Old April 29th 04, 02:10 AM
WA8ULX

They are few and for the most part, functionally
illiterate, but they are there. (ie: WA8ULX)

73

Steve, K4YZ

Screw you BED PAN BOY
Old April 29th 04, 02:36 AM
Carl R. Stevenson

"Mike Coslo" wrote in message
KØHB wrote:
"Carl R. Stevenson" wrote
.

NCI's Board of Directors debated the issues and,
while there was not 100% agreeement on our personal
views we agreed that we should represent our members'
views to the FCC and that we could each file our personal
comments to voice our personal views.

In the military that is commonly called "go along to get along"
leadership or "let's have a beauty contest and even if the winner
is ugly we can swallow hard and put a bag over her head".

NCI representing it's views is one thing, but I think that when a
membership supports an idea that is actually harmful to the ARS, it is
time to kinda step back from it.

We didn't think it was "actually harmful to the ARS" - there was just not
unanimous agreement amongst the directors on a couple of points ...

Carl - wk3c

Old April 29th 04, 12:44 PM
Bert Craig

"Carl R. Stevenson" wrote in message ...
"KØHB" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Bill Sohl" wrote

| The NCI membership supports a "one-time"
| upgrade.

That's probably not a remarkable revelation, given that the overwhelming
majority of the NCI members are Technicians who would naturally benefit
from such action.

The REAL question isn't what the NCI membership supports, but rather....

Q: Will the NCI Board of Directors recommend
upgrading all Tech/Tech+ licensees to General
without further testing?

A: (please select one and only one answer)
___ Yes
___ No
___ The Board will take no position on this matter

Cheers,

de Hans, K0HB
--
SOC # 291 http://www.qsl.net/soc/
FISTS # 7419 http://www.fists.org

Hans,

WADR ... As a Board of Directors, the NCI BoD has an obligation to the
membership to represent its views.

Your "question" is so patently biased against the BoD acting in a manner
that is responsive to (and responsible to) the membership that I refuse to
play that game.

73,
Carl - wk3c

Wow, Hans' "question" looks like a simple matter of yes or no to me. I
think he even gave you a gracious "out" with the inclusion of "The
Board will take no position on this matter." Where's the "bias?"

73 de Bert
WA2SI
FISTS #9384

light bulbs in rrap Mike Coslo Policy 10 December 12th 03 09:02 PM
Amateur Radio Newsline™ Report 1360– September 5 2003 Radionews Dx 0 September 6th 03 09:08 AM