Old May 1st 04, 10:41 PM
N2EY

(Steve Robeson K4CAP) wrote in message ...
Subject: Hans' views/complaints about NCI and the ARRL and NCVEC
petitions ...
From:
(N2EY)
Date: 4/30/2004 7:07 AM Central Standard Time
Mike Coslo wrote in message ...
Steve Robeson K4CAP wrote:

In CAP we have dozens of kids chomping at the bit to "get on the air".

Of
the current "crop" of Cadets at th local unit, seven out of 12 are

licensed
Amateurs, six of them have already one on to General.

What ages are we talking about?

CAP cadets can be 12 to 21 if they join before age 18, however the one's I
am addressing specifically are all between 15 to 17. (Ironically the 17 year
old is the one who has yet to upgrade!)

Not ironic at all; the 17 year old probably has more competing
activities. This is why it makes sense to market ham radio to middle
school and even the older elementary school kids. Most of the ones I
know are certainly smart enough and responsible enough to be hams.

And who's making the call on what's irrelevant and what's
unnecessary...?!?!

FCC makes that call. And note this: One of the arguments for dumping
Element 1 is the claim that when it was dumped for Tech, the whole ARS
didn't fall apart.
So if we get over 323,000 free upgrades to General with no testing and
the ARS
doesn't fall apart.....

Isn't that the "call" of the person seeking Amateur licensure...?!?!

Nope. A person might think that 20 wpm code tests given by FCC
examiners are relevant and necessary to an Extra license, but they
will have a hard time finding them today..

Point taken, Jim, but what I was trying (unsuccessfully) to say was that
it's partly the applicant's decision to decide if acquiring the knowledge or
skill was appropriate to gaining the license...In other words, are the benefits
of licensure worth the time and effort expended to get it...?!?!

Any better?

I think what you're trying to say is that it's up to the prospective
ham whether the license earned is worth the "price" paid - where that
"price" is in the form of learning required to pass the tests.

One basic rule of marketing is that lowering the "price" of something
*usually* results in more "sales" - but not always. Lowering the price
of something is ineffective if potential buyers don't know about it,
or if they are not interested in buying the thing in the first place.
For example, I recall when VCRs were well over $1000 - there was lots
of demand but very few sales. As the prices came down, sales went up.
For me, the critical price was $300 - when I found a good VCR for
under $300, I bought it. Had a few since then - Beta gave way to VHS,
and the first VHS one I had wore out, etc. Now they are under $100.
But I'm not going to run out and buy another unless the present one
wears out. So VCR sales/prices have no effect on me right now.

73 de Jim, N2EY
Old May 2nd 04, 02:11 AM
Steve Robeson K4CAP

petitions
From: (William)
Date: 5/1/2004 10:18 AM Central Standard Time
(Steve Robeson K4CAP) wrote in message
petitions
From:
(William)
Date: 4/29/2004 9:28 PM Central Standard Time
From: Mike Coslo

Date: 4/29/2004 2:41 PM Central Standard Time

Nothing is ever improved by making it simpler.

I dunno about that, Mike...I kinda liked the velcro-closed bikini

bra
my
former g/f used to wear!

73

Steve, K4YZ

Former?

You sure got a lot of "former's" in your life.

Why am I not suprised?

You've only had one woman in your entire life, Brain?

You met and dated one and only one woman your ENTIRE life?

Yes, there a lot of "former" girlfriends. A bit jealous, are you?
Perhaps it's that residual fecal material behind your ears from plugging

and
unplugging your head in the wrong orifice all the time...

You might try toothpaste, too....

Steve, K4YZ

Steve, I happen to be married. Out of respect for my wife I don't
dredge up the velcroed past. But you do.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh....I see.

You can make such aspurgences against others, however vague or
insinuating, but it's not OK for others...Uh huh...

BTW...You were the one who opened THAT can of worms, so sit down and get
you a plate full, Puppet Boy.

YOU are the one making insinuating comments about how many "former"
girlfriends I may or may not have had...That it's more than one probably makes
you jealous. Too bad for you, eh...???

Sucks to be you, Brian.

Steve, K4YZ

Old May 2nd 04, 02:53 PM
William

(Steve Robeson K4CAP) wrote in message ...
Subject: Who are the FISTS members on RRAP?
From:
(William)
Date: 5/1/2004 10:02 AM Central Standard Time
(Steve Robeson K4CAP) wrote in message

OK, Brain...You're back in "Idiot Mode" and there's nothing I can do to

get
around it.

Steve, K4YZ

Steve, why can't you just admit that you were wrong? Huh?

Because I am not.

But you are. Here is what you said again:

" Sorry Hans, MARS IS "Amateur Radio". "

Sorry you have a problem with it. No Amateur Radio = No MARS.

It really is THAT simple.

That was your backpedalling recovery from making such a stupid
statement.

It is equally wrong as I have shown.

Do you recall TAFKARJ commenting on those great AMATEUR CW
Operators saving the day during WWII? When AMATEUR Radio was
off the air?

Wake up knuckle head and crack some history books OTHER than the tained and
antagonistic crap that Lennie spews.

TAFKARJ is our self-appointed historian. Even he will spout the dates
that the ARS was denied priveleges during WWII, but not in the same
post where Amateur Radio Operators saved the day in WWII.

It's one of those PCTA double standard things.

And don't forget that he also said that code testing was a barrier to
CW use.

Welp, there's another one who cannot admit that he was wrong. Ever.

So far neither you or Lennie has "proven" Jim to be wrong. So far you
have not proven yourself to be right...About ANYthing...

Of course we have. Time and again. But his most obnoxious
cheerleader won't hear of it.

Two peas in a pod.

If that was supposed to be an insult, you missed...By a mile.

Then you haven't seen his reaction.

Old May 4th 04, 01:53 PM
Steve Robeson K4CAP

From: (William)
Date: 5/2/2004 8:53 AM Central Standard Time
From:
(William)
Date: 5/1/2004 10:02 AM Central Standard Time
(Steve Robeson K4CAP) wrote in message

OK, Brain...You're back in "Idiot Mode" and there's nothing I can do

get
around it.

Steve, K4YZ

Steve, why can't you just admit that you were wrong? Huh?

Because I am not.

But you are. Here is what you said again:

" Sorry Hans, MARS IS "Amateur Radio". "

And I stand by it..

No Amateur Radio = No MARS.

It really is THAT simple.

Sorry you have a problem with it. No Amateur Radio = No MARS.

It really is THAT simple.

That was your backpedalling recovery from making such a stupid
statement.

What backpeddling, Brain?

I am STANDING BY it.

No Amatuer Radio = No MARS.

It is equally wrong as I have shown.

You've "shown" nothing.

Do you recall TAFKARJ commenting on those great AMATEUR CW
Operators saving the day during WWII? When AMATEUR Radio was
off the air?

Wake up knuckle head and crack some history books OTHER than the tained

and
antagonistic crap that Lennie spews.

TAFKARJ is our self-appointed historian. Even he will spout the dates
that the ARS was denied priveleges during WWII, but not in the same
post where Amateur Radio Operators saved the day in WWII.

You'll have to show me the post wherein Jim "appo9inted" himself.

And as far as "self appointed historians" go, you had better survey some
of the posts your scumbuddy has put up here...More than a few way off Amateur
Radio topic and in the thousands of bytes of bandwidth.

It's one of those PCTA double standard things.

I think YOU need to read what you write before YOU assert any "double
standard" allegations, Your Creepiness.

And don't forget that he also said that code testing was a barrier to
CW use.

Welp, there's another one who cannot admit that he was wrong. Ever.

So far neither you or Lennie has "proven" Jim to be wrong. So far you
have not proven yourself to be right...About ANYthing...

Of course we have. Time and again. But his most obnoxious
cheerleader won't hear of it.

Two peas in a pod.

If that was supposed to be an insult, you missed...By a mile.

Then you haven't seen his reaction.

It's not about what JIM may percieve as an insult, Brain.

But you never do seem to keep your perspectives in order, do you?

Steve, K4YZ

Old May 5th 04, 11:08 PM
William

From:
(William)
Date: 5/2/2004 8:53 AM Central Standard Time
From:
(William)
Date: 5/1/2004 10:02 AM Central Standard Time
(Steve Robeson K4CAP) wrote in message

OK, Brain...You're back in "Idiot Mode" and there's nothing I can do

get
around it.

Steve, K4YZ

Steve, why can't you just admit that you were wrong? Huh?

Because I am not.

But you are. Here is what you said again:

" Sorry Hans, MARS IS "Amateur Radio". "

And I stand by it..

No Amateur Radio = No MARS.

It really is THAT simple.

You really are that simple, and foolish to keep repeating such a false
statement as:

" Sorry Hans, MARS IS "Amateur Radio". "

Sorry you have a problem with it. No Amateur Radio = No MARS.

It really is THAT simple.

That was your backpedalling recovery from making such a stupid
statement.

What backpeddling, Brain?

I am STANDING BY it.

No Amatuer Radio = No MARS.

" Sorry Hans, MARS IS "Amateur Radio". "

It is equally wrong as I have shown.

You've "shown" nothing.

I've shown that a person neither has to be an amateur radio operator,
nor a military personnel to be in MARS. That was another one of your
stupid assertions.

" Sorry Hans, MARS IS "Amateur Radio". "

Do you recall TAFKARJ commenting on those great AMATEUR CW
Operators saving the day during WWII? When AMATEUR Radio was
off the air?

Wake up knuckle head and crack some history books OTHER than the tained

and
antagonistic crap that Lennie spews.

TAFKARJ is our self-appointed historian. Even he will spout the dates
that the ARS was denied priveleges during WWII, but not in the same
post where Amateur Radio Operators saved the day in WWII.

You'll have to show me the post wherein Jim "appo9inted" himself.

No, I won't have to.

And as far as "self appointed historians" go, you had better survey some
of the posts your scumbuddy has put up here...More than a few way off Amateur
Radio topic and in the thousands of bytes of bandwidth.

Carl spanked you for wasting bandwidth, and here you are... again.

It's one of those PCTA double standard things.

I think YOU need to read what you write before YOU assert any "double
standard" allegations, Your Creepiness.

It was well thought out. That is precisely why I used the phrase,
"PCTA double standard."

And don't forget that he also said that code testing was a barrier to
CW use.

Welp, there's another one who cannot admit that he was wrong. Ever.

So far neither you or Lennie has "proven" Jim to be wrong. So far you
have not proven yourself to be right...About ANYthing...

Of course we have. Time and again. But his most obnoxious
cheerleader won't hear of it.

Two peas in a pod.

If that was supposed to be an insult, you missed...By a mile.

Then you haven't seen his reaction.

It's not about what JIM may percieve as an insult, Brain.

There you go assuming again.

But you never do seem to keep your perspectives in order, do you?

Steve, K4YZ

Yep. You're nuts and I'm not.

" Sorry Hans, MARS IS "Amateur Radio". "

Pffft.
Old May 5th 04, 11:34 PM
Steve Robeson K4CAP

From: (William)
Date: 5/5/2004 5:08 PM Central Standard Time
(Steve Robeson K4CAP) wrote in message

No Amateur Radio = No MARS.

It really is THAT simple.

You really are that simple, and foolish to keep repeating such a false
statement as:

" Sorry Hans, MARS IS "Amateur Radio". "

I don't keep repeating that statement, Your Sliminess...YOU do.

Sorry you have a problem with it. No Amateur Radio = No MARS.

It really is THAT simple.

That was your backpedalling recovery from making such a stupid
statement.

What backpeddling, Brain?

I am STANDING BY it.

No Amatuer Radio = No MARS.

" Sorry Hans, MARS IS "Amateur Radio". "

It is equally wrong as I have shown.

You've only shown that you don't understand the relationship between the
Military Affiliate Radio System and the Amateur Radio Service.

Your problem, Your Putziness...Not mine;

You've "shown" nothing.

I've shown that a person neither has to be an amateur radio operator,
nor a military personnel to be in MARS. That was another one of your
stupid assertions.

And I did acknowledge that there ARE a FEW people in MARS who are neither.

I had stated that almost from the outset. You DID point out ONE person
who was neither a licensed Amateur nor military person assigned as official
duty.

It still does not make my statement any less true.

No Amateur Radio = No MARS.

" Sorry Hans, MARS IS "Amateur Radio". "

YOU repeated it again, Brain. It's the only way you can slide out from
under the truth.

TAFKARJ is our self-appointed historian. Even he will spout the dates
that the ARS was denied priveleges during WWII, but not in the same
post where Amateur Radio Operators saved the day in WWII.

You'll have to show me the post wherein Jim "appointed" himself.

No, I won't have to.

I know you won't.

You can't.

You've stated that Jim Miccolis has somehow "appointed" himself to some
imaginary post.

Of course you ignored the fact that your "mentor" is far more guilty of
ravaging this NG with "historical" ramblings 100-to-1.

And if you DID try to "show" where Jim alledgedly appointed himspelf to
ANY post, you would, of course, be lying.

And as far as "self appointed historians" go, you had better survey

some
of the posts your scumbuddy has put up here...More than a few way off

Amateur
Radio topic and in the thousands of bytes of bandwidth.

Carl spanked you for wasting bandwidth, and here you are... again.

He didn't spank anything, Brain.

And it seems to me that you're just as equally cupable.

It's one of those PCTA double standard things.

I think YOU need to read what you write before YOU assert any "double
standard" allegations, Your Creepiness.

It was well thought out. That is precisely why I used the phrase,
"PCTA double standard."

As for "double standards" your admonishment about what Carl alledgedly did
and then wasting reams of bandwidth to (unsuccessfully) engage me over the
relationship between the MARS program and Amateur Radio is one of them.

Got your britches around your ankles, Brain, and the picture ain't
pretty....

Then you haven't seen his reaction.

It's not about what JIM may percieve as an insult, Brain.

There you go assuming again.

I am not "assuming" anything, Your Wimpiness.

I said this is not about what Jim perceives, and that's true.

But you never do seem to keep your perspectives in order, do you?

Yep. You're nuts and I'm not.

" Sorry Hans, MARS IS "Amateur Radio". "

Pffft.

You're the one who keeps repeating that, Brain, not me.

I keep saying No Amateur Radio = No MARS.

That is true. MARS is dependent upon Amateur Radio for it's own
existence. If you can't accept that, then you're everybit the idiot I have
reason to believe you are. You welcome to try and disprove it, however you've
littered the NG with so much evidence to the contrary that you'll be at it for
a verrrrrrrrrry long time.

Why don't you just admit that, once again, you tried to make an issue
from a non-issue and got your private parts caught in the zipper. I have a
pair of tweezers and a steri-strip to bandage it with, if you need it.

Now...About those T5 logs.........?!?!?

Steve, K4YZ

light bulbs in rrap Mike Coslo Policy 10 December 12th 03 09:02 PM
Amateur Radio Newsline™ Report 1360– September 5 2003 Radionews Dx 0 September 6th 03 09:08 AM