Old May 10th 04, 01:55 AM
KØHB

Default 73 or 73's or Best 73's --- which is it?

The question extends back B4 HPM!

http://www.qsl.net/aa0mz/73s.htm

73's, de Hans, K0HB/4ID

Old May 10th 04, 02:19 AM
Mike Coslo

KØHB wrote:
The question extends back B4 HPM!

http://www.qsl.net/aa0mz/73s.htm

73's, de Hans, K0HB/4ID

I have gotten in the habit of simply saying or writing 73.

Beyond that, I find the argument of "what is correct" kind of amusing.

Too many hams seem to want to control what others say. Just like the
fellow that was lecturing another on saying "please copy" in a contest
exchange instead of what he wanted to hear.

Especially with all the different shorthand abbreviations that CW ops
use, I can't get very excited about 73 vs 73's.

The only thing that bothers me is the habit of some hams to say HI HI
on vocal QSO's. It is either funny enough to continue laughing or it
isn't. Seems like a person saying HI HI is saying "well, that was funny,
but not all that funny. Obviously HIHI has a place in Morse ops.

- Mike KB3EIA -

Old May 10th 04, 02:29 AM
KØHB

"Mike Coslo" wrote

Obviously HIHI has a place in Morse ops.

Well, it's certainly a lot easier to send "didididit didit" than
"dahdahdahdididit dahdididididah dahdidahdahdidah"

Best 73's, de Hans, K0HB/4ID

Old May 10th 04, 06:30 AM
Jim Hampton

Hans,

Don't sweat it. Now, if one of the guys wishes you 88's - then sweat it LOL

)

73 from Rocheter, NY
Jim AA2QA
ps - and I ain't wishin' ya 88's either LOL

"KØHB" wrote in message
hlink.net...
The question extends back B4 HPM!

http://www.qsl.net/aa0mz/73s.htm