Old June 25th 04, 06:00 PM
Steve Robeson K4CAP

Subject: The Game's Afoot!
From: (William)
Date: 6/25/2004 6:17 AM Central Standard Time
Dave Heil wrote in message

Just don't forget that the world's greatest DXer worked out of band
frenchmen on 6 meters, and if he had to do it over again, he would.

I'd be interested in seeing your cite of where in the rules it says that
Dave, or anyone else for that matter, is responsible for making sure the OTHER
station is operating within his/her nations regulatory requirements.

Did you figure out that end-fed antenna yet?

I think you're telling me I'm not worthy. Are you?

Well...are you?

You KNOW my answer.

Any amateur radio QSLs Len could produce would be either "out of band"
or would belong to someone else.

So you and Len do have something in common. Now maybe you can treat
each other as human beings.

The question is was DAVE out of band.

So far, nothing he or you has indicated he was.

Actually, you have done so. You have Len suggesting a book. The fact
is, Len has no practical experience in amateur radio.

Ooops. You forgot to remove the word "amateur" from your statement.

Len has plenty of experience.

Dave was quite accuarate.

Lennie has NO practical experience in AMATEUR Radio.

No one disputes Lennie's "experience" in "radio". I am sure after all the
websites he's cut and pasted from he HAS actually learned SOMETHING about
Amateur Radio too, but as I am sure you know for yourself, that which one
learns in a book as opposed to "how it is" is not always the same.

So Len is a good golfer?

Dunno? Did Len read a golfing book?

I for one have no doubt that if Lennie reads a golfing book, he will be
quick to let us know just how smart he is about golfing wether he's been on the
links or not.

Most likely not, but we'll give him the benefit of the doubt on this one.

Personally, I find golfing no more interesting than providing an adequate
length of turf as an alternative runway in an emergency. It also provides me
with plenty of professional opportunities since a lot of cardiac arrests are
taken off the 9th hole. Usually physicians, bankers and stock brokers.

Now...we await to find out just how much Lennie knows about golfing. I am
sure he worked with someone in "the aerospace industry" who played golf and
shared enough stories with Lennie so that he could regale us with some
reasonably accurate sounding tales.. Maybe he caddy'd some while on that
rear-area tour of duty in 1953....

Steve, K4YZ

Old June 25th 04, 11:36 PM
William

Dave Heil wrote in message ...
William wrote:

Dave Heil wrote in message ...
Len Over 21 wrote:

In article , (Steve

From:
(Len Over 21)
Date: 6/22/2004 4:26 PM Central Standard Time

Poor nursie. Never been involved with the larger world of radio,
only other amateurs and posturing, always FIGHTING. I've
been in the larger world of radio for half a century. Radio is not
a magical mystery to me nor is communications of any sort by
visual or audible means,

Why does it always have to be about you, Len?

It could be about your forgetfulness, but then there wouldn't be much
discussion, would there?

No, there wouldn't. I'm not all that forgetful.

It is because of your forgetfulness that there is very little to talk
about with you.

Radio amateurs are free
to seek out information about the "larger world of radio" in any number
of venues.

And Len disagrees?

Do you actually read any of the material before posting a reply?

Let me check my documentation.

Yes, I read it.

You ought to take it up with Steve as he refuses to seek out
information about the "larger world of radio," specifically MARS in
which he claims to be a participant.

Do you actually read any of the material before posting a reply?

Let me check my notes.

Yes, I actually read the material.

"Free to" does not equate to "forced to".

There you go trying to change the subject matter again. It never was
about "forced to." Steve does not avail himself to the facts. He
continually spouts false statements. He will continue to do so until
he freely avails himself to factual information, which Len has nicely
provided a clickable link for his use. It couldn't be simpler. So,
Len does wish more ignorant amateurs would freely seek out information
about the "larger world of radio." It would certainly save the rest
of a lot of trouble.

Many radio amateurs have been or are participants in the
"larger world of radio".

One in particular also participates in MARS and CAP communications,
but apparently has never been trained. He cannot differentiate
between the Amateur Service and MARS, repeatedly backing his statement
that "MARS IS Amateur Radio."

Without amateur radio ops, there'd be no MARS program.

The program would exist with no volunteers whatsoever.

Hi, hi!

What are you, OSCAR I?

Noted.

If you'd like to impress us, obtain an amateur
radio license of any class and regale us with those tales.

What tales?

Read the material, "William".

I mostly enjoyed your tales of working out of band Frenchmen on 6
meters.
Old June 26th 04, 04:06 AM
Len Over 21

In article , (Steve

From:
(William)
Date: 6/25/2004 6:17 AM Central Standard Time
Dave Heil wrote in message

Just don't forget that the world's greatest DXer worked out of band
frenchmen on 6 meters, and if he had to do it over again, he would.

I'd be interested in seeing your cite of where in the rules it says that
Dave, or anyone else for that matter, is responsible for making sure the OTHER
station is operating within his/her nations regulatory requirements.

Irrelevant. Nursie get "cite" will disagree, no matter what.

Nursie not play well with "cites." :-)

Did you figure out that end-fed antenna yet?

I think you're telling me I'm not worthy. Are you?

Well...are you?

Nursie know antenna theory? Nursie learn in nursie school,
get fancy certificate with elaborate border (suitable for
framing?).

Nursie know which way Vector is Poynting? :-)

You KNOW my answer.

Nursie answer: Garbage-mouth reply, insulting person.

Nursie know squat about theory. Can only squat.

Any amateur radio QSLs Len could produce would be either "out of band"
or would belong to someone else.

So you and Len do have something in common. Now maybe you can treat
each other as human beings.

The question is was DAVE out of band.

Heil out of reality. Heil have godlike powers, never wrong.

So far, nothing he or you has indicated he was.

Irrelevant. Godlike creatures no need to explain anything,
always right, always superior to inferior beings.

Actually, you have done so. You have Len suggesting a book. The fact
is, Len has no practical experience in amateur radio.

Ooops. You forgot to remove the word "amateur" from your statement.

Len has plenty of experience.

Dave was quite accuarate.

Heil is everything but always right. Even when "accuarate"
(whatever that is...).

Lennie has NO practical experience in AMATEUR Radio.

Nursie astound all with obviousness...of obtuseness.

Nursie godlike being also, always right, never wrong, can
insult "inferior beings" at whim. His whim always hanging
out in here.

No one disputes Lennie's "experience" in "radio". I am sure after all

the
websites he's cut and pasted from he HAS actually learned SOMETHING about
Amateur Radio too, but as I am sure you know for yourself, that which one
learns in a book as opposed to "how it is" is not always the same.

Nursie say Hum Radio allatime different other radio.

Nursie godlike, never wrong...can direct, correct DoD.

Nursie write own book, "Book of Facts!" Book not
available outside of nursieland.

So Len is a good golfer?

Dunno? Did Len read a golfing book?

I for one have no doubt that if Lennie reads a golfing book, he will be
quick to let us know just how smart he is about golfing wether he's been on
the links or not.

No have golfing book. Got balls.

Nursie nutso.

Temper fry...

LHA / WMD

Old June 26th 04, 04:06 AM
Len Over 21

In article ,
(William) writes:

Dave Heil wrote in message
William wrote:

Dave Heil wrote in message

William wrote:

Dave Heil wrote in message

Len Over 21 wrote:

In article , Dave Heil

writes:

Len Over 21 wrote:

In article ,

(Steve

From:
(Len Over 21)
Date: 6/23/2004 12:13 AM Central Standard Time

You hate Amateur Radio and Amateur Radio licensees.

That's blatantly
obvious.

No. Amateur radio is a fine hobby, interesting, a fine

recreation
with great technological learning capabilities.

Aside from hearsay or SWLing, how would you know, Leonard?

Heil, you've done that schtick already. It doesn't apply. It
doesn't work. Give up on that ploy.

It isn't schtick and it is no ploy, Leonard.

If some kid, assuming that he is above the age which you believe

should
be the minimum for amateur radio licensing, comes to you and says,

"What
can you tell me about amateur radio, Mr. Anderson?", the best

you'll be
able to do is tell him that you heard from a friend that amateur

radio
is....
or that you read in a book that amateur radio is...

You're shucking and jiving, Leonard.

Dave K8MN

Interesting.

I think so.

I think so.

I once said that a prospective ham almost had to know a
ham to become a ham.

I don't recall that.

There's that famous Heil selective memory at work. Next thing you
know you'll forget all about those out of band Frenchmen on 6 meters.

I know this'll come as a real disappointment to you, "William", but I
don't hang on your every word. I have only so much space available for
mental storage and I like to reserve it for the really important
matters.

Just don't forget that the world's greatest DXer worked out of band
frenchmen on 6 meters, and if he had to do it over again, he would.

The second part is memorable.

Heil have godlike powers, never wrong, ever.

Then you guys set upon me like the pack of wild
dogs that you are...

Which "you guys" would that be?

PCTA. Know any?

I know several. Are you telling us that everyone who is for morse
testing and who posts here "set upon you like a pack of wild dogs" and
that everyone who is for morse testing and who posts here is a part of a
pack of wild dogs? I don't believe you.

If you disagree, you've had years to correct it. But instead, the
PCTA give each other passes all day long. Hell, after six years of
idiotic posts from Bruce, the Rev Jim finally got cornered and had to
agree that Bruce was an idiot and his postings were abusive.

Rev. Jimmie Who is turning, has now reverted to old self,
slyly snarling.

Expect another Sermon on the Antenna Mount from Jimmie,
soon after Field Day (in the park).

...telling me of acts of heroism...

Acts of heroism? I don't believe you.

Yup. And because they display bravery and heroism in the face of the
old-timey exams and examiners, all who wish to enter the Kingdom must
also face those same exams and examiners.

The above is a perfect example of why I don't hang on your every word.
It isn't factual and is certainly less than memorable.

You'd work the out of band Frenchmen if you had to do it over again.

Maybe Heil get french kiss from orion, get oriongasm?

:-)

But since those old-timey
exams and examiners have gone away, all the new hammies are just not
worthy. Common theme throughout R.R.A.P.

Did you figure out that end-fed antenna yet?

I think you're telling me I'm not worthy. Are you?

EVERYONE not agreeing with Heil be "not worthy!" :-)

how you got the book
and read it and went down to the steely-eyed fcc examiner and became

ham. No sir! No help from no one.

Novice exams weren't taken in front of any FCC examiner, much less a
stelly-eyed examiner.

Steely-eyed.

K8CFT wasn't steely-eyed at all. SK W8MN sparked
my interest in becoming a ham but he couldn't learn the theory for me
and I'd moved to a different town by the time I began practicing morse
to increase my speed.

So you knew hams prior to being licensed. That fits my story. So
what are you disagreeing with now?

Re-read the exchange above and get back to me.

You knew two hams prior to being licensed.

He buy one in market? :-)

So Len could tell the kid to get a book.

Oh, he wouldn't likely do that. He'd go into one of his Foghorn

Lenhorn
pontifications.

Or he could drag out a box of out of band QSL cards...

Any amateur radio QSLs Len could produce would be either "out of band"
or would belong to someone else.

So you and Len do have something in common. Now maybe you can treat
each other as human beings.

Heh heh heh. Ordinary mortals cannot get along with radio
gods...must all be subservient to godlike creatures doing bad
imitations of Otto Preminger. :-)

Which according to your
comment above, a book just isn't going to give sufficient information
to be able to answer questions about amateur radio.

A book can provide information to an extent.

A book can provide everything needed to become an amateur.

No good golfer became one
by reading a book. No good fisherman became one by reading a book.

Would you like to add a few more non-radio related categories to your
list?

No, but I'd like you to take my list as a whole because it illustrates
precisely the idea that I'm attempting to convey.

Perhaps Steven Hawking read a book about basketball.

Not good to pin Heil to mat so many times. He will
complain to the Armenian judges and they chant
something awful. So does Heil, come to think of it. :-)

No good radio op became one by reading a book.

Now you wish to qualify your statement with the word, "good," and
change the subject matter from amateur radio operator to
undifferentiated radio operator.

You can add the word "amateur" before radio and the meaning is still the
same.

They all became good radio ops by sarting with a book.

Impossible in Heil fantasyland.

All who are "interested" in radio MUST get ham license.
Cannot be "interested" in radio without that license in Heil
fantasyland.

You have substantially changed the subject matter. Previously, the
subject was a young, unlicensed person wanted to know about Amateur
Radio. Have it your way.

Actually, you have done so. You have Len suggesting a book. The fact
is, Len has no practical experience in amateur radio.

Ooops. You forgot to remove the word "amateur" from your statement.

Heil never make mistake. Heil godlike, always right.

When Heil make actual mistake, is merely "clarification"
for the inferior. :-)

Len has plenty of experience.

Not at all in Heil fantasyland. Heil issue orders.

All "interested" in radio MUST get amateur license.

No amateur license, not "interested' in radio, be inferior,
unworthy, beneath royal burple of godlike nobility. So
be it in Heil fantasyland.

One can become licensed in amateur radio simply by reading a -single-
book and taking an exam. Unless you are saying that those PCTA's who
told me so are liars.

You're quite right. Someone can pass an exam and become a radio amateur.
Absent practice and experience, that person can be a complete lid.

Even the most learned of amateurs may find himself working out of band
Frenchmen on 6 meters. The shame of it is that he could have learned
something from it, but didn't.

Heil not need to "Learn" anything. Heil already godlike,
never wrong. He be superior. Always, anything.

Practice and experience are the keys.

Of course, now that you've substantially changed the subject.

Not really, Brian. You have Len suggesting a book.

insert snippet from above
--------------
If some kid, assuming that he is above the age which you believe

should
be the minimum for amateur radio licensing, comes to you and says,

"What
can you tell me about amateur radio, Mr. Anderson?", the best

you'll be
able to do is tell him that you heard from a friend that amateur

radio
is....
or that you read in a book that amateur radio is...

You're shucking and jiving, Leonard.

--------------

It would appear that you took the book idea and ran with it.

Heil infuriated that book "Ham Radio for Dummies" exists?

tsk, tsk. Demeans his Royal Court. Makes him jester.

That bad.

Len has neither.

Above you say, "No good radio op became one by reading a book." You
don't differentiate between amateur radio operators and military radio
operators. Using your changed subject matter, Len has plenty of book
reading, training, practice, and experience. I might add that he also
has formal education in the subject matter.

So Len is a good golfer?

Dunno? Did Len read a golfing book?

Len play golf. Gave up. Had to pay Heil greens fee.

Heil green that others have bigger outside-of-hum-radio
experience. Big greens fee!

Heil are hole in one.

I wonder why there are so many golfing books written and sold?

[golf world will sell anything not nailed down...:-) ]

You guys play both ends against the middle, and now that you've

worked
down to the middle, your arguments fail because they are
contradictory. Go argue with yourself. You, K8MN, are shucking and
jiving.

I'd say that they appear contradictory to you, "William", because you
don't fully understand them.

Of course. Heil knows all. He is the very definition of Omniscient.

How would you know that unless you are (no cap necessary) omniscient?

I should have said that you are "The Omniscient!"

Heil have godlike powers, allowed to strike dunder and blitzen
on all inferior beings.

Santa Claus need new team. Dunder and blitzen on strike.

And all others are ignorant.

Not at all. I've made no such statement. We have on occasion, found
some areas where you have exhibited ignorance.

Natch.

All disagreeing with Heil are inferior. Radio god has spoken,
defined such.

"You don't need a former military weatherman to know which way the wind
blows"

Apparently, you do. I'd suggest you stop ****ing in the wind.

One of my favorite country song titles, yet to be recorded:
"If I Had It To Do All Over Again, I'd Do It All Over You".

Sounds like a tune by "Slim Chance and the Crying Cowboys." ;^)

Boo hoo. Rainy weather.

Grand old Opry go dark when Heil sing. Radio gods have no
godlike power in C&W.

LHA / WMD
Old June 26th 04, 04:06 AM
Len Over 21

In article , (Steve

From:
(Len Over 21)
Date: 6/24/2004 6:54 PM Central Standard Time
In article ,

(Steve
Robeson K4CAP) writes:

The POINT, Your Junior Putziness, is that Lennie doesn't HAVE the
experience to help the kid OTHER than the theory part.

"Amateur radio WORKS DIFFERENT that all other radio services!"

Right..."amateur electrons" instead of commercial ones. Uh huh.

Poor nursie...thinks the FCC can regulate Laws of Physics too!

In your rush to try and make more of your own "newsgroup messaging

points",
you tripped right over the part where I said "...OTHER than the theory

part."...

Oh well.

Poor nursie. Still thinking ham radio works DIFFERENT than all
other radio. According to nursie, ham radio have "special"
operating techniques, ability to "tune a signal so very carefully"
and lots of other bull****.

Poor nursie will come unglued at what he thinks is a "profane
word" like bull****. Must be sissy marine no longer on any
active duty.

Speaking of which...

You created this "newsgroup messaging points" farce, yet have never
availed us with the scoring system.

What "farce?" Nursie statements? THAT be a farce!

Nursie badly need to talk to DoD on MARS, get straight.

What's up with that?

Yes, WHY doesn't nursie agree with DoD? Should...

That was a rhetorical question, by the way...WE all know you are deeply
"into" not finishing ANYthing...

? Nursie go nuts again. Imagine things.

Maybe that's why there were never any Mini-Lennie's for you to nurture

and
gain some practical experience upon which to base your "there ought to be an
age limit" suggestion for Amateur Radio...?!?!

Nursie VERY nuts. Thinks this is still 5 years ago.

Time marches on but nursie can't hear cadence or keep in step.

Yet ANOTHER unaccomplished task.

Nursie need help. Not get it in newsgroup.

Nursie try reading "Ham Radio for Dummies?" Apt.

Temper fry...

LHA / WMD
Old June 26th 04, 04:06 AM
Len Over 21

In article ,
(William) writes:

Dave Heil wrote in message
Len Over 21 wrote:

In article ,

(Steve

From:
(Len Over 21)
Date: 6/22/2004 4:26 PM Central Standard Time

Poor nursie. Never been involved with the larger world of radio,
only other amateurs and posturing, always FIGHTING. I've
been in the larger world of radio for half a century. Radio is not
a magical mystery to me nor is communications of any sort by
visual or audible means,

Why does it always have to be about you, Len?

It could be about your forgetfulness, but then there wouldn't be much
discussion, would there?

Radio amateurs are free
to seek out information about the "larger world of radio" in any number
of venues.

And Len disagrees?

Herr robust thinks so. Why else would he drop in an waste so
much time?

You ought to take it up with Steve as he refuses to seek out
information about the "larger world of radio," specifically MARS in
which he claims to be a participant.

Heil could always get nursie a copy of "Ham Radio for Dummies."

:-)

Many radio amateurs have been or are participants in the
"larger world of radio".

One in particular also participates in MARS and CAP communications,
but apparently has never been trained. He cannot differentiate
between the Amateur Service and MARS, repeatedly backing his statement
that "MARS IS Amateur Radio."

Hi, hi!

Nursie say "No HAM Radio, no MARS." Still wrong, still trying to
foist that off on folks. Maybe Heil will support him on that?

If you'd like to impress us, obtain an amateur
radio license of any class and regale us with those tales.

What tales?

Steely-eyed FCC examiners?

Oh, wow, just like a "hostile action!" :-)

Taking an exam on a lark, without studying, scoring perfectly, in
under 8 minutes, and collecting $200 for passing go?

Would be easier to take it at a table. Larks are fidgety, like
to flap their wings and make noise. Like PCTAs.

Naw, sounds too much like PCTA tales.

"Tales of the Souse Pacific." :-)

LHA / WMD