Old June 20th 04, 07:47 PM
Jim Hampton

Yes,

We got rid of Nixon. Now we need to dump Bush.

Best regards from Rochester, NY
Jim AA2QA

---

Old June 21st 04, 12:42 AM
William

"Jim Hampton" wrote in message ...
Yes,

We got rid of Nixon. Now we need to dump Bush.

Best regards from Rochester, NY
Jim AA2QA

Nixon resigned.

We impeached Clinton because he didn't have the decency to resign.
Old June 21st 04, 03:09 AM
Jim Hampton

"William" wrote in message
om...
"Jim Hampton" wrote in message

Yes,

We got rid of Nixon. Now we need to dump Bush.

Best regards from Rochester, NY
Jim AA2QA

Nixon resigned.

We impeached Clinton because he didn't have the decency to resign.

Nixon resigned after his friends on Capitol Hill told him they couldn't
muster enough votes to avoid throwing him out of office. End of story.

Clinton was not removed from office. What Clinton did was terrible to his
wife and daughter, but what damage to the country (other than a major
distraction) did it do? Are you so naive as to think that this huge deficit
Bush is running won't hurt us? Already some want to reduce social security
more. It isn't that social security is broke (and it appears to be in a bit
better shape than they thought, but as good jobs disappear and are replaced
by near minimum-wage jobs, I wouldn't bet); it is that the federal
government has tapped the funds and issued IOUs to social security. They
don't want to pay back money to the folks that need it the most. Rob from
the poor and give to the rich.

Go figure; make $1,000,000 on the stock market and you only pay $150,000 in
tax (15%). Now, go get a $60,000 a year job and see what you pay in taxes.
Don't forget that over 7.5% social security tax you pay (and my pension is
reduced slightly due to my employer's social security contribution.
Retirement based on income above the tax base results in higher percentage
payment.) when you figure your tax load.

Well, we finally got our high-speed ferry here in Rochester. Like all other
high-profile projects (the new soccer stadium, the baseball stadium), the
owners paid *far* less than they were originally supposed to. The taxpayers
picked up the tab. Now we pay for security here, but Canada won't pay over
there. Net result, before the first outing, prices were raised on vehicles
and occupants as the ferry operator had to pay for security in Canada. Now,
yesterday, we found out that for some reason the ferry folks got to take
over most of the paved parking in a *public* park close to the ferry. I
wonder why, since they raised the cost per vehicle. A *public* park, but in
those spaces, they charge you $5.00 per day to park.

Where are all of the whiners that complain about welfare? Oh, I forgot;
that doesn't apply to *corporate* welfare.

Compassionate conservative *IS* an oxymoron. I don't need any more idiots
in Washington running *huge* deficits to benefit the rich.

Old June 21st 04, 03:24 PM
Steve Robeson K4CAP

Subject: BPL - UPLC -Repeat the lie three times and claim it for truth
From: "Jim Hampton"
Date: 6/20/2004 9:09 PM Central Standard Time

Clinton was not removed from office. What Clinton did was terrible to his
wife and daughter, but what damage to the country (other than a major
distraction) did it do?

He lied...repeatedly, under oath, looking Hillary and US directly in the
eyes.

That America kept looking the other way was the second biggest travesty.
Oh well...

Are you so naive as to think that this huge deficit
Bush is running won't hurt us? Already some want to reduce social security
more. It isn't that social security is broke (and it appears to be in a bit
better shape than they thought, but as good jobs disappear and are replaced
by near minimum-wage jobs, I wouldn't bet); it is that the federal
government has tapped the funds and issued IOUs to social security. They
don't want to pay back money to the folks that need it the most. Rob from
the poor and give to the rich.

Too bad folks didn't spend some more time reading Steve Forbes' plan for
restructuring the tax system in this country.

Compassionate conservative *IS* an oxymoron. I don't need any more idiots
in Washington running *huge* deficits to benefit the rich.

Why is it that we Americans always brag how anyone with the right
motivation and determination can become a millionaire, yet when they do it, we
take gleeful delight in doing/saying what we can to bring them down?

73

Steve, K4YZ

Old June 21st 04, 05:30 PM
Jim Hampton

Steve,

I have no problem with someone being rich; I have a problem when I pay a
higher percentage of my pay to taxes than they do.

Please don't tell me you are so naive that you think that the wealthy always
pay a higher percentage in taxes. Fortunately, one overhaul in social
security plugged one big hole. Social security used to be based on the
highest three earning years in the last 10. I knew one businessman that
paid himself quite poorly, taking most of the money as unearned income (thus
exempt from social security). Fact is, I know a businesswoman doing the
same thing. What happens is they start paying themselves handsomely the
last few years (and paying those payroll taxes too). As a result, they pay
over 20 or 30 years half what others pay and collect at 100% social
security. Unfortunately for both of these folks, they changed social
security so it is based on the 30 highest earning years, so now they get a
lot less. But that loophole existed for years.

Why is it that these "compassionate" conservatives can stand by and watch
school districts with 30 plus students in a classroom whilst a suburban
school has only 20 per class and every 8th grader receives a *laptop
computer* and honestly believe that everything is just fine? How did New
York state, in calculating aid to school districts, manage to count every
student in NYC as 0.7 student?

You are gullible at best. I'm not mad at you, just upset at priorities in
this country. Remember too that the whole world is watching this country to
see if our actions anywhere correspond to what we are saying. If I were a
European nation, I'd not only be a bit skeptical, I'd be nervous too.

73,
Jim AA2QA

---

Old June 21st 04, 10:42 PM
Len Over 21

In article , (U.S.

From: "Jim Hampton"

Date: 6/20/2004 9:09 PM Central Standard Time

Clinton was not removed from office. What Clinton did was terrible to his
wife and daughter, but what damage to the country (other than a major
distraction) did it do?

He lied...repeatedly, under oath, looking Hillary and US directly in the
eyes.

That America kept looking the other way was the second biggest travesty.

Oh well...

Nursie think Democrats be the Antichrist. Nursie also think:

All Democrats LIE, cheat, steal, and smell bad under arms.

Are you so naive as to think that this huge deficit
Bush is running won't hurt us? Already some want to reduce social security
more. It isn't that social security is broke (and it appears to be in a bit
better shape than they thought, but as good jobs disappear and are replaced
by near minimum-wage jobs, I wouldn't bet); it is that the federal
government has tapped the funds and issued IOUs to social security. They
don't want to pay back money to the folks that need it the most. Rob from
the poor and give to the rich.

Too bad folks didn't spend some more time reading Steve Forbes' plan for
restructuring the tax system in this country.

Riiiiiight.

Compassionate conservative *IS* an oxymoron. I don't need any more idiots
in Washington running *huge* deficits to benefit the rich.

Why is it that we Americans always brag how anyone with the right
motivation and determination can become a millionaire, yet when they do it, we
take gleeful delight in doing/saying what we can to bring them down?

Cuz all nursie wanna do is FIGHT! [got no money...not enuf]

Well...there goes any hope for "meaningful discussion" on how
BROADBAND OVER POWER LINES is going to hurt/help
U.S. amateur radio.

Tune in next day for another brilliant thoughful reason for the decline
and fall of the world as nursie knows it...

Temper fry...

LHA / WMD
Old June 22nd 04, 02:48 AM
Jim Hampton

Hello, Len

Guess I get my dander up too at times. Certainly it is wrong to paint "all"
Republicans or "all" Democrates or "all" of any one group with a wide brush.
Not good at all. Besides, I've gotten led off-topic - not good at all.

I have figured it out, Len. The problem is we are dropping the Morse
requirements. Dang, now my washing machine is going to over-suds again

However, BPL should help the situation. If BPL is going to reduce power
line noise (according to power companies), it should reduce my washer
over-sudsing since it runs from the mains. LOL.

Have a good one!

73 from Rochester, NY
Jim AA2QA

---

Old June 22nd 04, 12:05 PM
William

"Jim Hampton" wrote in message ...
"William" wrote in message
om...
"Jim Hampton" wrote in message

Yes,

We got rid of Nixon. Now we need to dump Bush.

Best regards from Rochester, NY
Jim AA2QA

Nixon resigned.

We impeached Clinton because he didn't have the decency to resign.

Nixon resigned after his friends on Capitol Hill told him they couldn't
muster enough votes to avoid throwing him out of office. End of story.

No, not the end of the story. But there would be no point in
discussing it with a closed-minded person such as yourself.

Clinton was not removed from office.

Then what was the purpose of impeaching him? He thwarted the efforts
of honest people by not having the decency to leave.

What Clinton did was terrible to his
wife and daughter,

I really don't want to know what he did to his wife and daughter. The
details of what he did to Monica was bad enough.

but what damage to the country (other than a major distraction) did it do?

Our government and our monetary system is a confidence game. When our
leaders go south, our confidence goes south, and our economy goes
south.

Are you so naive as to think that this huge deficit
Bush is running won't hurt us?

Are you so naive as to think that we haven't seen huge defecits
before, even when they were for unnecessary social spending?

Already some want to reduce social security
more. It isn't that social security is broke (and it appears to be in a bit
better shape than they thought,

But, assuming that you are a Social Security recipient, you just got a
prescription drug benefit.

but as good jobs disappear and are replaced
by near minimum-wage jobs, I wouldn't bet);

Yes, swapping out our manufacturing jobs for service jobs is the wrong
path.

it is that the federal
government has tapped the funds and issued IOUs to social security. They
don't want to pay back money

They'll just print more. Remember the "confidence game?"

to the folks that need it the most. Rob from
the poor and give to the rich.

I'm beginning to think that I'll never be able to retire and spend my
Golden Years learning fast code like I have wanted to. Instead I'll
be working to support people who no longer work or never did work.

Go figure; make $1,000,000 on the stock market and you only pay $150,000 in
tax (15%). Now, go get a $60,000 a year job and see what you pay in taxes.
Don't forget that over 7.5% social security tax you pay (and my pension is
reduced slightly due to my employer's social security contribution.
Retirement based on income above the tax base results in higher percentage
payment.) when you figure your tax load.

I have been pondering the concept of "individual" and that of
"corporation."

I'm told that a corporation has the rights of an individual.

A corporation has inputs and outputs. When the outputs excede the
inputs, it is called profit. The profit is taxed.

An individual has inputs and outputs. All inputs are taxed.

Well, we finally got our high-speed ferry here in Rochester. Like all other
high-profile projects (the new soccer stadium, the baseball stadium), the
owners paid *far* less than they were originally supposed to. The taxpayers
picked up the tab.

The Church of Sweat. Sports are a religion. Seperation of Church and
State.

Now we pay for security here, but Canada won't pay over
there. Net result, before the first outing, prices were raised on vehicles
and occupants as the ferry operator had to pay for security in Canada. Now,
yesterday, we found out that for some reason the ferry folks got to take
over most of the paved parking in a *public* park close to the ferry. I
wonder why, since they raised the cost per vehicle. A *public* park, but in
those spaces, they charge you $5.00 per day to park.

I used to pay for parking in St. Louis. I can't deduct parking as
part of my costs to earn my income.

Where are all of the whiners that complain about welfare? Oh, I forgot;
that doesn't apply to *corporate* welfare.

It does.

Compassionate conservative *IS* an oxymoron. I don't need any more idiots
in Washington running *huge* deficits to benefit the rich.

Bush is spending money like a drunken sailor or marine. I'm tired of
it.

Old June 22nd 04, 01:04 PM
Steve Robeson K4CAP

From: (William)
Date: 6/22/2004 6:05 AM Central Standard Time
"Jim Hampton" wrote in message
"William" wrote in message
om...
"Jim Hampton" wrote in message

Yes,

We got rid of Nixon. Now we need to dump Bush.

Best regards from Rochester, NY
Jim AA2QA

Nixon resigned.

We impeached Clinton because he didn't have the decency to resign.

Nixon resigned after his friends on Capitol Hill told him they couldn't
muster enough votes to avoid throwing him out of office. End of story.

No, not the end of the story. But there would be no point in
discussing it with a closed-minded person such as yourself.

Brain-to-English Translation: "Uh oh...I'm getting backed into yet
another corner...Better make an excuse and bug-out while I am still ahead"

Clinton was not removed from office.

Then what was the purpose of impeaching him? He thwarted the efforts
of honest people by not having the decency to leave.

Yep.

What Clinton did was terrible to his
wife and daughter,

I really don't want to know what he did to his wife and daughter. The
details of what he did to Monica was bad enough.

but what damage to the country (other than a major distraction) did it do?

Our government and our monetary system is a confidence game. When our
leaders go south, our confidence goes south, and our economy goes
south.

Oh CRAP!....Brian and I are in complete agreement with something!

THIS is SCARY!

Are you so naive as to think that this huge deficit
Bush is running won't hurt us?

Are you so naive as to think that we haven't seen huge defecits
before, even when they were for unnecessary social spending?

THAT'S TWICE! I am getting a cold shivver!

Already some want to reduce social security
more. It isn't that social security is broke (and it appears to be in a

bit
better shape than they thought,

But, assuming that you are a Social Security recipient, you just got a
prescription drug benefit.

but as good jobs disappear and are replaced
by near minimum-wage jobs, I wouldn't bet);

Yes, swapping out our manufacturing jobs for service jobs is the wrong
path.

It's a DIFFERENT path. We can do both, it's just the transition that's
worrisome. We demand "change" but get paranoid and run scared when someone
actually does it!

I'm beginning to think that I'll never be able to retire and spend my
Golden Years learning fast code like I have wanted to. Instead I'll
be working to support people who no longer work or never did work.

No one "learn(s)" "fast code"...One ACHIEVES it through practice and use.
You either know the Morse Code or you don't.

Otherwise I share some of the same concerns...Good thing to have other
money in the bank, but I wonder what scam will arise in order to get their
hands on THAT!

Compassionate conservative *IS* an oxymoron. I don't need any more idiots
in Washington running *huge* deficits to benefit the rich.

Bush is spending money like a drunken sailor or marine. I'm tired of
it.

And you expect WHAT to be different if a Demoncrat is elected?

73

Steve, K4YZ