RadioBanter

-   -   FA: Last Day! - Yaesu VX-7R Handheld & Accessories (https://www.radiobanter.com/policy/27606-fa-last-day-yaesu-vx-7r-handheld-accessories.html)

Dwight Stewart July 4th 04 05:38 AM

FA: Last Day! - Yaesu VX-7R Handheld & Accessories

LAST DAY - All auctions end Sunday, July 4th, 2004.

I'm getting out of Ham Radio, so selling my radio equipment. Everything must
go!

Title: Yaesu VX-7R Amateur/Ham Radio Handheld Transceiver+More

If you don't like that one, a second, identical, Yaesu is available at...

Title: Yaesu VX-7R Amateur/Ham Radio Handheld Transceiver+More

Dwight Stewart (W5NET)

http://www.qsl.net/w5net/

By the way, while you're looking, you may want to check out the Kenwood base
station:

Title: Kenwood TS-430s HF Amateur/Ham Radio Transceiver w/More

Steve Robeson, K4CAP July 4th 04 02:44 PM

"Dwight Stewart" wrote in message .net...
LAST DAY - All auctions end Sunday, July 4th, 2004.

I'm getting out of Ham Radio, so selling my radio equipment. Everything must
go!

Title: Yaesu VX-7R Amateur/Ham Radio Handheld Transceiver+More

Living proof that W. C. Fields was right...("...there's a sucker
born every minute...")

Guess the idiots bidding on this haven't priced NEW one's...

GigaParts has them for almost $125/less.

73

Steve, K4YZ

QUOTE FROM DWIGHT'S AUCTION

Yaesu VX-7R Amateur/Ham Radio Handheld Transceiver+More Item
number: 5706980318

Bidder or seller of this item? Sign in for your status Add to watch
list in My eBay

Current bid: US $460.00

Time left: 8 hours 40 mins
7-day listing
Ends Jul-04-04 15:16:09 PDT
Start time: Jun-27-04 15:16:09 PDT
History: 10 bids (US $285.00 starting bid)
High bidder: vpilotblue( 28)

Item location: Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
United States

Ships to: United States only
Shipping and payment details

Seller information
dwight.stewart( 68)

UNQUOTE

Bert Craig July 4th 04 02:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
"Steve Robeson, K4CAP" wrote in message
om...
"Dwight Stewart" wrote in message

.net...
LAST DAY - All auctions end Sunday, July 4th, 2004.

I'm getting out of Ham Radio, so selling my radio equipment. Everything

must
go!

Title: Yaesu VX-7R Amateur/Ham Radio Handheld Transceiver+More

Living proof that W. C. Fields was right...("...there's a sucker
born every minute...")

Guess the idiots bidding on this haven't priced NEW one's...

GigaParts has them for almost $125/less.

73

Steve, K4YZ

Yeah, but he's throwing in some optional equipment too. (Gotta be fair.)

Optional Accessories Included With This Auction:
Yaesu (2nd/Spare) Lithium-Ion Battery Pack (FNB-80LI)
Yaesu Rapid Charger/Cradle (CD-15A)
Yaesu Barometric Pressure Sensor Unit (SU-1, installed)
Yaesu DC Cable (EDC-6, for ext. pwr supply or auto)
Yaesu Speaker/Microphone (MH-57A)
Yaesu Microphone Adapter (CT-91, for alt mic or cloning)
Yaesu Soft Case (CSC-88)
Yaesu BNC-to-SMA Adapter (CN-3)
"The Clip" Vehicle Dash Mount (use with belt clip)
Pocket Quick Reference Card

--
73 de Bert
WA2SI

Dwight Stewart July 5th 04 05:11 AM

"Steve Robeson, K4CAP" wrote:

Living proof that W. C. Fields was right...
("...there's a sucker born every minute...")

Guess the idiots bidding on this haven't
priced NEW one's...

GigaParts has them for almost $125/less.

In addition to the many accessories clearly described on the auction page,
some items were not listed. This bidder contacted me early in the auction to
tell me he wanted both Yaesu radios. As such, as an extra incentive, I
offered him several additional items (software, computer cables, and cloning
cables). I also notified each bidder of an included MFJ antenna not listed
on the auction page. The total new purchase price of all items included with
this one auction is in excess of $600. Between the two auctions, this bidder
saved several hundred dollars over new prices.

Dwight Stewart (W5NET)

http://www.qsl.net/w5net/

Brian Kelly July 6th 04 06:46 AM

"Dwight Stewart" wrote in message link.net...
"Steve Robeson, K4CAP" wrote:

Living proof that W. C. Fields was right...
("...there's a sucker born every minute...")

Guess the idiots bidding on this haven't
priced NEW one's...

GigaParts has them for almost $125/less.

In addition to the many accessories clearly described on the auction page,
some items were not listed. This bidder contacted me early in the auction to
tell me he wanted both Yaesu radios. As such, as an extra incentive, I
offered him several additional items (software, computer cables, and cloning
cables). I also notified each bidder of an included MFJ antenna not listed
on the auction page. The total new purchase price of all items included with
this one auction is in excess of $600. Between the two auctions, this bidder
saved several hundred dollars over new prices.

When it's all said and done the best piece of goofy nonsense is that
you're (allegedly) dumping your entire ham station (two HTs, matched
pair, his and her's last I heard) and are quitting ham radio.

"Upgrades" are where we find 'em around here . . .

'BYE and don't let the door . . .

Dwight Stewart (W5NET)

w3rv

http://www.qsl.net/w5net/

Steve Robeson K4CAP July 6th 04 09:52 AM

Subject: FA: Last Day! - Yaesu VX-7R Handheld & Accessories
From: "Dwight Stewart"
Date: 7/4/2004 11:11 PM Central Standard Time

"Steve Robeson, K4CAP" wrote:

Living proof that W. C. Fields was right...
("...there's a sucker born every minute...")

Guess the idiots bidding on this haven't
priced NEW one's...

GigaParts has them for almost $125/less.

In addition to the many accessories clearly described on the auction page,
some items were not listed. This bidder contacted me early in the auction to
tell me he wanted both Yaesu radios. As such, as an extra incentive, I
offered him several additional items (software, computer cables, and cloning
cables). I also notified each bidder of an included MFJ antenna not listed
on the auction page. The total new purchase price of all items included with
this one auction is in excess of $600. Between the two auctions, this bidder
saved several hundred dollars over new prices.

And when any of the items fail in the next 365 days...To whom will he
turn?

73

Steve, K4YZ

William July 6th 04 01:20 PM

"Steve Robeson, K4CAP" wrote:

[...]

and a TS-430.

"Upgrades" are where we find 'em around here . . .

Thump that chest!

'BYE and don't let the door . . .

Reduced to quoting Larry tRoll.

w3rv

bb

Steve Robeson K4CAP July 6th 04 01:32 PM

From: (William)
Date: 7/6/2004 7:20 AM Central Standard Time
(Brian Kelly) wrote in message
.com...

"Upgrades" are where we find 'em around here . . .

Thump that chest!

And why shouldn't he...He HAS "upgraded"...

'BYE and don't let the door . . .

Reduced to quoting Larry tRoll.

Better Larry than a confirmed pathological liar or his personal Buckeye
Handpuppet.

(BTW...You DO make sure he washes his hands before he puts them in, don't
you...?!?!?)

Steve, K4YZ

Mike Coslo July 6th 04 02:42 PM

"Steve Robeson, K4CAP" wrote:

[...]

Well, there was an HF rig also. Dwight is a technician, so he was
probably planning on getting a General ticket once.

"Upgrades" are where we find 'em around here . . .

'BYE and don't let the door . . .

I think it's too bad that Dwight is getting out of Ham radio.

- Mike KB3EIA -

Steve Robeson K4CAP July 6th 04 08:38 PM

From: Mike Coslo
Date: 7/6/2004 8:42 AM Central Standard Time

I think it's too bad that Dwight is getting out of Ham radio.

Is he REALLY...?!?!

I know this will be a dead and forgotten subject by then, but his current
license expires in 2008. I bet he renews it.

Furthermore, if he's REALLY trying to make a statement, let's keep an eye
on QRZ. I say if he has a "point" to make, he writes "CANCEL" across the front
of it and sends it back to Gettysburg.

I say he DOESN'T do THAT.

That's the nice thing about an Amateur Radio license...even if it doesn't
fit your needs or interests "for now", you can keep it in your pocket and you
have it if you need/want it.

Some grandstand play about "I'm getting out of Ham Radio" is just
that...grandstanding. I wonder what the REAL underlying reason is...

73

Steve, K4YZ