Old September 13th 04, 05:36 AM
D. Stussy

Subject: Amateur Radio Newsline ...
From: "D. Stussy"
Date: 8/30/2004 6:05 AM Central Standard Time
On Mon, 30 Aug 2004, Steve Robeson, K4CAP wrote:
"D. Stussy" wrote in message

. org...
On Mon, 30 Aug 2004, Dave Heil wrote:
a nobody wrote:

26 USC 6104(d) says otherwise. Read it.
You still have no right to just demand that he just give his

books to
you.

You obviously didn't follow Dieter's suggestion to read the Code.

I'll make
it easy for you; it's pasted below. All Dieter needs to do is walk

into
their office and demand to inspect the documentation. And to make it

really
easy for you, I capitalized the relevant phrase. When it comes to tax

law,
Dieter knows what he's talking about.

Maybe he does; maybe he doesn't. He hasn't told us of his knowledge of
where Bill Pasternak's operation falls under all of those "ifs" and
"exceptions". You'd think if the issue is important to him, he'd act.
He hasn't and my belief is that he won't.

His frequent posts on the matter read like the rantings of a guy

wearing
an aluminum foil cap.

You don't think that I shall?

Well, tell me then why I have the following information (and now make

public
here - from the electronic version of IRS Publication 78):

AMATEUR RADIO NEWSLINE INC
28197 ROBIN AVE
SAUGUS, CA 91350
EIN: 95-4867766

Did I merely look that up for "my health?"

I bet you've looked up more than one skirt in your life too,
Dieter, but it doesn't make you a gynecologist, either.

We'll see what you "do" with it.

First of all, I seriously doubt you "do" anything.

And even if you do, I seriously doubt that anything will ever
come of it.

We'll see.

Well, I will say this:

No one here was able to provide anything that directly refuted my conclusion.

Sure we have.

You have said that Bill's not using the funds appropriately.

I (and others) have pointed out that Bill's "service" routinely and
reliably puts it's reports out. Ergo he's obvioulsy spending the money on the
work he claimed he wanted the funds for.

The "burden of proof" for anything else is on YOUR shoulders. You're
making these fanciful assertions, so it's up to YOU to prove it.

The last time I did this (or anything like it) was to a local repeater
coordinating body which was acting "less than responsibly" (i.e. no meeting,
no
acknowledgements for RFC's nor any OTHER responses to coordination requests,
etc.).

Were they soliciting funds AS a charitable organization? Did they alledge
to have 503(c) status?

At the time, yes, they were soliciting funds and stated that they were
non-profit, but they had not stated whether or not they were a qualified
charity for which such solicitations would be deductible. However, even if
they weren't such, just the fact that they claimed non-profit status would have
been enough for them to have an IRS Form 1024 (instead of form 1023) filing and
the IRS computer would then show WHICH paragraph of IRC 501(c) their exempt
purpose fell under (only if it were paragraph (3) would donations be deductible
as charity by the donor).

And who is Dieter Stussy to decide what's "responsible" in the actions of
any entity?

An interested member of the public - that's all I have to be.

They WEREN'T listed in the IRS's public charity database, and I
verified that when I filed an IRS form 4506-A to get a copy of their last
990-series return. That request came back "entity does not exist" (IRS
response dated April 11, 1996). [That also means that they NEVER filed for
non-profit status ever.] I then challenged their coordinator status before
the
NFCC (during its first year of existence: FY 96/97). I could have equally
complained to the IRS also at that point, but decided to defer that for the
time an appeal of the NFCC decision regarding my complaint to the FCC would
be
appropriate; the government doesn't like to get involved except as a last
resort.

Why would they?

Ask them.

Guess what? That frequency/repeater coordinator group now has [annually]
held
general meetings on a regular schedule since 1997, has cleaned up its act by
issuing acknowledgement postcards to every piece of mail sent to its P.O. Box
(not just RFC's), and timely responds to RFC's and other issues, ...; i.e. it
is now acting "responsibly." I will grant you that my actions on their
situation may not have been 100% responsible for this as there was a period
where a competing coordinating group was set up (the "440 FCA" of San Dimas,
CA), but my actions were probably at least 33% contributing. [BTW, the group
in question was SCRRBA - not TASMA, which also had a competing coordinating
group in the 1990's for about 2 years.]

And I am sure they just jump to the microphone any time you sign on the
repeater.

Which repeater is that?

Be careful of what you wish for (or push others into doing) - you might get
it.

Consider yourself pushed, Dieter. I still say you're barking up the wrong
tree.

Do you really think that I would dare publicly make such an accusation if I
lacked a reasonable basis for doing so?

Considering THIS forum, absolutely!

So far your "reasonable basis" has been "I hate Bill Paternak" and nothing
else. Not a single shred of verifyable, attestable fact.

Another moronic comment.

My reasonable basis has been that his expenses, as AR Newsline and he describe
them, appear excessive as compared against the activity that generates them.

All you would rather do is fight
with
me over my conclusion WITHOUT introducing a reasonable, alternative
explanation. [No one else has suggested one either.]

I am "fighting" with your assinine whinigns about Newsline publishing it's
releases in a forum ABOUT Amateur Radio...You're the one who keeps whining
about ARN's alleged abuses of it's solicitations.

I can SEE and HEAR the results of thier solicitations, Dieter.

All AR Newsline has to
do
is to voluntarily disclose, and if they do so and have a reasonable
explanation
which is publicly acceptable, the issue goes away. However, if my conclusion
were correct (it hasn't been proven so - yet), they can't disclose, even if I
choose to compel disclosure under the federal statute previously cited.

I still say you're going to do nothing but create hate and discontent for
no other reason but to salve your wonded ego over some absolutely assinine
local issue that peripherially involved Bill Paternak.

But you go right ahead. If you're right, I'll most gladly render a
sincere "I stand corrected". However when it goes the way I think it will,
I would expect YOU to do the same.

Try offering an argument that explains the problem. Simply saying that I am
wrong without such will get you nowhere.
Old September 13th 04, 12:14 PM
Steve Robeson, K4CAP

From: "D. Stussy"
Date: 8/30/2004 6:05 AM Central Standard Time

And who is Dieter Stussy to decide what's "responsible" in the actions of
any entity?

An interested member of the public - that's all I have to be.

Personally, I think you're the guy who can't have his way, so you
find ways to be annoying.

They WEREN'T listed in the IRS's public charity database, and I
verified that when I filed an IRS form 4506-A to get a copy of their last
990-series return. That request came back "entity does not exist" (IRS
response dated April 11, 1996). [That also means that they NEVER filed for
non-profit status ever.] I then challenged their coordinator status before
the
NFCC (during its first year of existence: FY 96/97). I could have equally
complained to the IRS also at that point, but decided to defer that for the
time an appeal of the NFCC decision regarding my complaint to the FCC would
be
appropriate; the government doesn't like to get involved except as a last
resort.

Why would they?

Ask them.

I asked YOU.

[...]

Any repeater.

Be careful of what you wish for (or push others into doing) - you might get
it.

Consider yourself pushed, Dieter. I still say you're barking up the wrong
tree.

Do you really think that I would dare publicly make such an accusation if I
lacked a reasonable basis for doing so?

Considering THIS forum, absolutely!

So far your "reasonable basis" has been "I hate Bill Paternak" and nothing
else. Not a single shred of verifyable, attestable fact.

Another moronic comment.

Not moronic.

You're whining, Dieter.

You've been trying to beat up Bill Pasternak in this forum for
two years without shredding ONE IOTA of VALID, DOCUMENTED PROOF.

Nothing but your opinion and some guesses as to what YOU think is
"fair" in the operational costs of A.R.N.

If you can do better with less, then do it.

As for moronic, I refer you back to your other post this same day
about approaching the District Attorney because A.R.N., a charitable
organization, is sponsoring a scholarship program for kids.

THAT is "moronic".

My reasonable basis has been that his expenses, as AR Newsline and he describe
them, appear excessive as compared against the activity that generates them.

Still no PROOF. Just a "suspicion" that you THINK they shouldn't
be that high.

[...]

YOU are the one suggesting there is a problem, Dieter, not me.
You've created this entire strawman in order to validate your on-going
anti-BP crusade.

I SAY that you are whining.

It's not up to me to "justify" any argument.

YOU have not provided a single shred of DOCUMENTED, VERIFYABLE
PROOF, let alone "resonable suspicion" that there's ANYthing afoul
with the way Bill operates "Amateur Radio Newsline".

Until you've provided something OTHER than your "guesstimated"
opinion on what you THINK should be happening, all you are doing is W
H I N I N G ! ! ! !

And I am all for creating a grassroots effort to raise funds to
give to Bill to retain a lawyer to stop your incessant public slurs.

Steve, K4YZ
Old September 14th 04, 03:28 AM
William

(Steve Robeson, K4CAP) wrote in message . com...
(Len Over 21) wrote in message ...
In article ,
(Steve

From:
(William)
Date: 8/31/2004 6:02 AM Central Standard Time
(Len Over 21) wrote in message

To use his own "logic," a male gynecologist HAS NO PRACTICAL
EXPERIENCE IN BEING FEMALE TO UNDERSTAND THEM! :-)

"Sorry Hans, MALE IS FEMALE!"

The male gynecologist has something neither of you have...both

theoretical
education AND practical experience...in the healthcare profession they call it
a "residency".

A MALE GYNECOLOGIST HAS NO PRACTICAL EXPERIENCE AT
BEING FEMALE.

Is that true or not?

Quite true.

But he STILL has PRACTICAL EXPERIENCE in dealing with female
related health issues.

Is that something a female would say?

If you argue that a Medical Doctorate makes a male a female, then you
must be truly insane.

A medical doctorate with a residency in gynecology makes him an
OB/GYN. That's a doctor with PRACTICAL EXPERIENCE in such matters.

But the commercial shuns tampons designed by men.

What do women say?

Try to understand this: Medical doctoring has NOTHING to do with
amateur radio or with Amateur Radio Newsline.

YOU try to understand that your duties in the United States Army
in 1953 have NOTHING to do with Amateur Radio, then, now or in the
future.

But they have to do with radio, unless the physics of radio have
changed since 1953.

Have the physics of radio changed since 1953?

YOU try to understand that your experience in "professional"
electronics, other than discussions of a purely theoretical technical
nature, have NOTHING to do with Amateur Radio.

That's kind of a huge slam on amateur radio. I feel insulted.

YOU try to understand that your wife's alleged professional
standing in the mental health industry does not qualify YOU as such,
and in either case has nothing to do with Amatuer Radio.

Then it's a damned good thing that Hillary never had the ear of the
President.

Hi, hi!

YOU try to understand that your brief fling as a student pilot in
the 50's did not result in an Airman's Certificate, did not qualify
you in aerial navigation, and in any case has nothing to do with
Amateur Radio.

Nor does your fling with aviation have anything to do with amateur
radio.

Unless, "Sorry Hans, CAP IS Amateur Radio!"

Hi, hi!

YOU try to understand that your acquaintance with a "real extra"
(who was nothing of the sort when you served in the Army with him the
50's) does not qualify you as "experienced" in Amateur Radio issues
in the 21st century.

It's as good as anyone elses!

YOU ARE NOT A MEDICAL DOCTOR.

Nope.

Couldn't afford the insurance.

But Medical Doctors come to me to get the things done that save
people's lives. Maybe even yours someday.

Fat chance, as you've previously posted!!!

The general subject of RADIO does apply in this newsgroup since
all radio operate by the same physical laws, regardless of the
various adminstrations' law on use of radios.

This forum is not about the "physical laws" of radio.

It's about you yelling and intimidating people.

This forum is about Amateur Radio POLICY...The rules, regulations
and programs of how Amateurs apply those physics.

And Part 97 is how many kilobytes?

VS the remainder of professional radio?

You make a joke of amateur radio by shunning professionals.

While I am sure that you are eminently able to discuss the laws
of physics as they pertain to radio design, you are grossly
ill-prepared to discuss, from an informed perspective (read that "no
practical knowledge") matters pertaining to those policies.

You must also say the same thing of that Powell Kid.

Your discussions herein solrely reflect your OPINION.

Ditto (except "solrely").

Neither of you still not making any sense.

Nursie never has, it seems...

Obviously I have. You keep trying (unsucessfully) to unravel my
posts.

....says the spider.

Sucks to be you.

Steve, K4YZ

Yet more Extra civility.
Old September 27th 04, 06:45 AM
D. Stussy

From: "D. Stussy"
Date: 8/30/2004 6:05 AM Central Standard Time

[...]

You expect me to speak for an agency of the U.S. Government (when I don't work
for that agency/bureau)? Don't you take the cake.

[...]

Proof: He posts his drivel here (in FULL) weekly yet does not participate in
this newsgroup whatsoever. Doesn't that remind you of someone. It certainly
does for me: A SPAMMER. I don't have to prove it; he proves it for us every
week by his actions.

Nothing but your opinion and some guesses as to what YOU think is
"fair" in the operational costs of A.R.N.

If you can do better with less, then do it.

All his "competitors" do - about 90% less.

As for moronic, I refer you back to your other post this same day
about approaching the District Attorney because A.R.N., a charitable
organization, is sponsoring a scholarship program for kids.

THAT is "moronic".

If that's what you think, you completely missed the point (again). To
repeatedly misclassify an expense as something else is accounting fraud, plain
and simple. It doesn't matter that one is "hiding" one worthy cause in
another; it is wrong regardless.

[...]

Just because I am smart enough to discover that there is a descrepency and
you're not doesn't mean that I am incorrect. I never said affirmatively that I
was correct - I'll grant you that. I only said that there appears to be an
unexplained problem, and I, as a member of the public, have a right (and
perhaps even a responsibility) to seek the truth when a tax-advantaged charity
is involved.

I SAY that you are whining.

It's not up to me to "justify" any argument.

YOU have not provided a single shred of DOCUMENTED, VERIFYABLE
PROOF, let alone "resonable suspicion" that there's ANYthing afoul
with the way Bill operates "Amateur Radio Newsline".

Yes, there is. AR Newsline's own, recent statement makes that clear. They
have classified ALL their expenses as "news gathering" when the scholarship
portion isn't. It doesn't cost them "$1k/month to bring [us] the news." It
may, when averaged, cost $1k/month for ALL their activities, but that's not
what they have historically said. Their statement is wrong, they KNOW it, and
they make it for the purpose of soliciting further contributions, thus
demonstrating INTENT.

Old September 27th 04, 03:02 PM
Steve Robeson K4CAP

From: "D. Stussy"
Date: 9/27/2004 12:45 AM Central Standard Time
On Mon, 13 Sep 2004, Steve Robeson, K4CAP wrote:
"D. Stussy" wrote in message

. org...
From: "D. Stussy"

Date: 8/30/2004 6:05 AM Central Standard Time

[...]

Hey, it's better than the egg you'll be wearing if you do try to follow
through on these assinine allegations of yours.

You've been trying to beat up Bill Pasternak in this forum for
two years without shredding ONE IOTA of VALID, DOCUMENTED PROOF.

Proof: He posts his drivel here (in FULL) weekly yet does not participate in
this newsgroup whatsoever. Doesn't that remind you of someone. It certainly
does for me: A SPAMMER. I don't have to prove it; he proves it for us every
week by his actions.

NOT "proof".

ARN's posts provide a realtively timely and subject-focused insight as to
activities going on in the Amateur Radio community.

No one said that anything posted here had to be a two-way medium.

ARN's posts contain material that is realtive to Amateur Radio on several
levels, INCLUDING Amateur Radio policy.

All his posts have to do is mention just one passage about any regulatory
or legal proceeding ABOUT Amateur Radio, and his "release" is germane to the
forum.

Nothing but your opinion and some guesses as to what YOU think is
"fair" in the operational costs of A.R.N.

If you can do better with less, then do it.

All his "competitors" do - about 90% less.

OK...so YOU go ahead and get the books from ALL the other "competitors",
then post a side-by-side comparison as to content, timeliness, accessibility
and content and PROVE me wrong.

YOU are claiming these other resources do it for less...Prove it. Show us
the books...Not just "Dieter Stussy says so..."

As for moronic, I refer you back to your other post this same day
about approaching the District Attorney because A.R.N., a charitable
organization, is sponsoring a scholarship program for kids.

THAT is "moronic".

If that's what you think, you completely missed the point (again). To
repeatedly misclassify an expense as something else is accounting fraud,
plain
and simple. It doesn't matter that one is "hiding" one worthy cause in
another; it is wrong regardless.

I've missed nothing.

YOU have made a claim of fraud.

Personally, I'm getting tired of hearing it, especially since you've NOT
provided ONE IOTA of PROOF.

PROOF is Bill's books, audited by a reputable CPA or court officer, and
then published for public review.

PROOF is NOT Dieter Stussy saying it's so.

YOU are the one suggesting there is a problem, Dieter, not me.
You've created this entire strawman in order to validate your on-going
anti-BP crusade.

Just because I am smart enough to discover that there is a descrepency and
you're not doesn't mean that I am incorrect. I never said affirmatively that
was correct - I'll grant you that.

You'd have to. So far you've done nothing but whine and accuse.

And so far you've "discovered" NOTHING. You have a very biased opinion as
to why you THINK there's a problem, and that's only due to your dislike for one
of the persons who runs the program you are alledging to be commiting fraud.

I only said that there appears to be an
unexplained problem, and I, as a member of the public, have a right (and
perhaps even a responsibility) to seek the truth when a tax-advantaged
charity
is involved.

And I say he's been providing this service for years and there's not been
the slightest bit of evidence of impropriety by Bill Pasternak, ARN or anyone
involved with it.

I SAY that you are whining.

It's not up to me to "justify" any argument.

YOU have not provided a single shred of DOCUMENTED, VERIFYABLE
PROOF, let alone "resonable suspicion" that there's ANYthing afoul
with the way Bill operates "Amateur Radio Newsline".

Yes, there is. AR Newsline's own, recent statement makes that clear. They
have classified ALL their expenses as "news gathering" when the scholarship
portion isn't. It doesn't cost them "$1k/month to bring [us] the news." It
may, when averaged, cost $1k/month for ALL their activities, but that's not
what they have historically said. Their statement is wrong, they KNOW it,
and
they make it for the purpose of soliciting further contributions, thus
demonstrating INTENT.

Still nothing there, Dieter.

The IRS ain't complaining. The FCC ain't complaining. And in better than
20 years of listening to ARN, YOU are the ONLY person I have EVER heard
complain about it.

Until you've provided something OTHER than your "guesstimated"
opinion on what you THINK should be happening, all you are doing is W
H I N I N G ! ! ! !

And I am all for creating a grassroots effort to raise funds to
give to Bill to retain a lawyer to stop your incessant public slurs.

Incase you missed that last line, Dieter, allow me to emphasize it for you
(Note: I am not "yelling"...the following is for emphasis only) "AND I AM ALL
FOR CREATING A GRASSROOTS EFFORT TO RASIE FUNDS TO GIVE TO BILL TO RETAIN A
LAWYER TO STOP YOUR INCESSANT PUBLIC SLURS"