RadioBanter

-   -   Gratuitous Sweepstakes CW operating trick (https://www.radiobanter.com/policy/27876-gratuitous-sweepstakes-cw-operating-trick.html)

KØHB November 2nd 04 04:40 AM

Gratuitous Sweepstakes CW operating trick

This weekend if someone is trying to steal your RUN-QRG (and if it looks
like he could succeed), hit the CW-R button to put him "on the other
side" of your center freq. Dit dit.

Go MWA! http://www.w0aa.org

Whoever wins on 40M is going to win SS this year. (You heard it here
first.)

73, de Hans, K0HB

KØHB November 2nd 04 03:48 PM

About two hours before the opening bell I bring my station out of
cold-iron status with a final check of antennas, software, etc.

In the final hour before the test I tune all the open bands and populate
my bandmap with all the rare-mult stations who are 'place-holding a
spot' for the opening bell. In the first 15 minutes or so of the
contest I work that bandmap before all the cluster-lizards find and spot
them.

GO MWA! http://www.w0aa.org

73, de Hans, K0HB

--
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~k0hb

Bert Craig November 2nd 04 04:29 PM

See you on 40, Hans. GL OM es...

--
Vy 73 de Bert
WA2SI
hlink.net...

KØHB November 3rd 04 04:17 PM

To bag that elusive "MN" mult this weekend, look for the M/S operation
from K0RT. Free T-shirt if you're the station which seals our sweep.

Dave Heil November 3rd 04 05:11 PM

"KØHB" wrote:

To bag that elusive "MN" mult this weekend, look for the M/S operation
from K0RT. Free T-shirt if you're the station which seals our sweep.

That elusive "MN" West Virginia mult will be on the lookout for K0RT.
Play fair though, 'cuz it isn't nice to fool K8-Mother Nature.

Dave K8MN

KØHB November 3rd 04 05:53 PM

"Dave Heil" wrote

...it isn't nice to fool K8-Mother Nature.

Speaking of Mother Nature --- My bro-in-law who lives in Parkersburg
wants to take me deer hunting in the hills 'n hollers near Berea later
this month. Kinda in your neighborhood (you're near Wheeling I think?)

73, de Hans, K0HB

Dan/W4NTI November 3rd 04 10:08 PM

"KØHB" wrote in message
link.net...
To bag that elusive "MN" mult this weekend, look for the M/S operation
from K0RT. Free T-shirt if you're the station which seals our sweep.

I plan on being on also. I enjoy putting Alabama on the map.

Dan/W4NTI

Dave Heil November 4th 04 04:39 AM

"KØHB" wrote:

"Dave Heil" wrote

...it isn't nice to fool K8-Mother Nature.

Speaking of Mother Nature --- My bro-in-law who lives in Parkersburg
wants to take me deer hunting in the hills 'n hollers near Berea later
this month. Kinda in your neighborhood (you're near Wheeling I think?)

73, de Hans, K0HB

Yep, Moundsville is about 70 miles up river from Parkersburg. I'm 14
miles from the river so the best route here from there is to take WV
Route 2 north to New Martinsville, hang a right on WV Route 7 to
Hundred, turn left onto U.S. Route 250 and follow it north until you see
towers, about 3.5 miles before you arrive in Cameron. Tell me when to
put the coffee on.

Dave K8MN

Len Over 21 November 4th 04 05:31 AM

In article . net, "Dan/W4NTI"
w4nti@get rid of this mindspring.com writes:

I plan on being on also. I enjoy putting Alabama on the map.

SOMEONE has to... :-)

KØHB November 4th 04 09:51 PM

"Dave Heil" wrote

Tell me when to put the coffee on.

Plans aren't firm yet. His invite is for the same time as CQWW, so may
not be able to juggle the schedule. I'll keep you advised.

73, de Hans, K0HB