Old December 30th 04, 05:26 PM
RST Engineering

GLAARG is still $4 for as many elements as you wish to pass in a single
session. ARRL isn't the only game in town.

Jim
GLAARG VE
ARRL VE

"Mike Coslo" wrote in message
I see that as of January 1, the ARRL VEC-coordinated Amateur Radio
examination sessions fee will rise from $12 to $14. The VE teams may
retain up to $6 of this fee to reimburse the out-of-pocket test expenses.

Is this appropriate?

- Mike KB3EIA -

Old December 30th 04, 07:48 PM
robert casey

bb wrote:
Maybe not. He just might be an evangelical engineer and his work is
tax-free.

Well, I'm looking forward to paying income tax again next year...
The job market is starting to pick up some again.
Old December 30th 04, 07:50 PM
robert casey

RST Engineering wrote:

GLAARG is still $4 for as many elements as you wish to pass in a single
session. ARRL isn't the only game in town.

Hell, for a one time event $14 ain't gonna break the bank....
Old December 31st 04, 12:11 AM
Mike Coslo

bb wrote:

N2EY says, "I'm not a VE, so I don't know how much it actually costs to
conduct a session. But it seems to me..."

Lessee. Doesn't serve his country in the armed forces. Doesn't serve
his country as a paid "volunteer examiner." He must serve in other
ways.

But he always has an opinion.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, Brian. We wouldn't have anywhere
near as much fun if we could only give opinions on what we have personal
experience in! 8^)

- Mike KB3EIA -

Old December 31st 04, 10:08 PM
bb

Best of luck. If your field is still engineering, I hope that Congress
doesn't allow another 250,000 engineer visas in 2005.

bb

Old December 31st 04, 10:19 PM
bb

Mike said: """Everyone is entitled to an opinion, Brian."""

Reeaally???

"""We wouldn't have anywhere near as much fun if we could only give
opinions on what we have personal experience in! 8^)"""

Then lotsa people on RRAP owe Len Anderson an apology.

When I see those apologies, I'll stop pointing out that "true blue" Jim
has never served his country in any capacity, yet has availed himself
to the finest education and standard of living in a system where the
freedom to do so were paid for with the blood of other people's sons.
Happy New Year.

Old January 1st 05, 01:48 AM
Kim

"bb" wrote in message
oups.com...

Mike said: """Everyone is entitled to an opinion, Brian."""

Reeaally???

"""We wouldn't have anywhere near as much fun if we could only give
opinions on what we have personal experience in! 8^)"""

Then lotsa people on RRAP owe Len Anderson an apology.

When I see those apologies, I'll stop pointing out that "true blue" Jim
has never served his country in any capacity, yet has availed himself
to the finest education and standard of living in a system where the
freedom to do so were paid for with the blood of other people's sons.
Happy New Year.

So...wait just a minute. Are you saying that anyone who does not serve his
country in any capacity (you'd have to define in any capacity, by the way)
is not supposed to live in the United States? Because, in the United States
we--regardless of *military* service to the country or not--DO avail
ourselves of whatever is available, be that a good education, a good job, a
good doctor, a good teacher, a good whatever.

That the freedoms we enjoy are here, because of the military service of
others, is greatly appreciated by most--there are those that are just plain
idiots (and Jim is not one of them). And, to read your comment above
without having paid attention to this thread, seems to say that anyone who
doesn't meet your standards of service should just roll up and die? Surely
I am mistaken in my interpretation of your comment, above.

Kim W5TIT

Old January 1st 05, 03:53 AM
bb

Kim wrote:
"bb" wrote in message
oups.com...

[...]

***That isn't what I said, but do you argue that I'm not entitled to my
own opinion?***

Because, in the United States

Is Kim going to tell ---me--- about America???

Please allow me to assume the position.

we--regardless of *military* service to the country or not--DO avail
ourselves of whatever is available, be that a good education, a good

job, a
good doctor, a good teacher, a good whatever.

Indeed many do.

They take and they take, good whatever.

Good everythig!!!

Do you count yourself among those???

That the freedoms we enjoy are here, because of the military service

of
others, is greatly appreciated by most--

Huge, huge appreciations. Yellow magnet ribbons and all....

there are those that are just plain
idiots (and Jim is not one of them).

Why do you say that Jim is not?

As a matteer of fact, I think Jim IS one of the idiots.

And, to read your comment above
without having paid attention to this thread, seems to say that

anyone who
doesn't meet your standards of service should just roll up and die?

If you like you can read it that way.

But that is not what I meant. Meanwhile, Len, who has served is
supposed to roll up and die.

Why is that???

Surely
I am mistaken in my interpretation of your comment, above.

Kim W5TIT

To be -perfectly- clear, I think Jim is a welfare freeloader to avail
hisself to the freedom to go to USA engineering schools, to avail
hisself to a career in engineering, and then to comment on how bad life
in America is without ***ever*** having done a Goddamned thing to risk
even a split fingernail, all the while putting down Len Anderson who
has contributed more to America than a single Jim/N2EY fingernail.
Kim, you did ask.

bb

Old January 1st 05, 06:49 AM
K4YZ

Lenof21 wrote:
In article .com,

"bb"
writes:

Mike said: """Everyone is entitled to an opinion, Brian."""

Reeaally???

"""We wouldn't have anywhere near as much fun if we could only give
opinions on what we have personal experience in! 8^)"""

Then lotsa people on RRAP owe Len Anderson an apology.

Amateur morsemen are far superior to professionals in radio.
They have nice Titles and federal call signs and all kinds of
good stuff washed into their brains like a henna rinse. They
apologize to NO one.

"Amateur morsemen" are far superior to professionals in AMATEUR
radio.

This forum is about AMATEUR radio...Not "professional", military,
Public Service, PLMRS, etc etc etc.

When I see those apologies, I'll stop pointing out that "true blue"

Jim
has never served his country in any capacity, yet has availed

himself
to the finest education and standard of living in a system where the
freedom to do so were paid for with the blood of other people's

sons.

He "served in 'other' ways."

He knew all about the space business without having worked
in it. Good trick, even if he wasn't rated in soldering to

NPC-200.

I am sure he can cut-and-paste as well as you do, Lennie, however
I bet Jim's far more competent and knowledgeable in "space business"
than you without the URL's to click on.

He knew all about USSR military aircraft too, even though he
didn't shoot any Bears for naval intelligence (another non-
serviceman did that).

He sure does...And funny you should mention that since it was YOU
that brought up being threatened by Mr Tupolev's turboprop wonder
despite the fact it wasn't in servce until YOU were out of theater!

He has a BSEE and an MSEE, double-degreed, supposedly in
an electronics industry but won't say which one, but he can do
morse code at high rate...which makes him far superior as a
2004 radio person.

When matched against an UNlicensed ex-radio technician
wannabe...Sure!

Whoopee. If an NCTA mentions degrees, yet another "superior"
calls night college classes something derogatory, implying they
are for some kind of civics for citizenship candidates or are
classes for remedial English. If I mention that my wife has TWO
Masters Degrees, that "superior" person calls the University of
Illinois at Urbana a "correspondence school."

She obviously doesn't have the requisite skills to get you into
therapy or counselling, ergo I doubt she has the credentials you cite.

And my wife gets
a personal insult because she is married to me, all courtesy of
that medically-discharged veteran of "seven hostile actions."
Late in the year this "healthcare professional" told me to go have
a stroke.

No..I said PLEASE go have a stroke. And I haven't insulted your
wife. I believe I ahve said she has some special intestinal fortitude
for being able to sleep next to you.

Yet another "superior" (perhaps the radio god of all) claims

actual
Department of State employment yet doesn't get into the socio-
political "cures and remedies" spouted by all those other PCTA
"superiors" who've never had any diplomatic experience or politics
or of economics (beyond their personal account stuff) but

regularly
spout All About it.

Lessee...Dave Heil spent a life career in the State Department and
YOU didn't...Dave was actually AT those places we only read about or
watched on TV. And Lennie was...In Japan at a rear-area radio relay
station for a couple of years in the 50's...

Never mind that national issues on economics
or politics don't have much effect on radio regulations or ham

radio.

Absolutely, without contradiction, one of the most assinine
assertions you've ever made, Lennie.

Economics has been one of the MAJOR driving factors behind
numerous impacts on the Amateur Service!

That most-superior person claims he was "in" Vietnam but can't
or won't describe any duties "in" Vietnam or that they involved
radio of any kind. All he do is diss and cuss at the person he
doesn't personally like. He IS the superior one. He say so.

Uhhh...Seems he's not lied about any of his duties to me, Lennie.

On the otherhand, we have you, an ex-Army radio meachanic claiming
to have handled over "2.1 million" bits of traffic until the
mathematics of your silly claim were laid bare.

Then you tried to dance around it.

And let's not forget how glorious YOUR Army career was simply by
having been in a unit that had suffered KIA's three years before you
were ever there.

Now we've got Mike Coslo, the self-styled "moderator" who wants
this newsgroup to become a nice little private chat room for all

the
PCTA "buddies" and to heck with Schleck and his guidelines to
what this newsgroup is about. Coslo also "serves in 'other'

ways."

Mike hasn't suggested that there be a moderator.

He HAS urged civility and cooperation.

Of course we know that with you here, Lennie, that's about as
likely to happen as my Brittney fantasies.

Happy New Year.

Okay, this is almost Day One of the year 2005 and I'm writing
during some Rose Parade coverage on TV, wondering if the
Pasadena weather will clear enough for a nice spectacle. This
holiday's weather here is very iffy.

Oh, as long as YOU are there, Lennie, there will ALWAYS be a
"spectacle" in Kalifornication!

The Rose Parade is an enterprise with a $10 million budget and
one amateur has claimed that ham radio was "essential" to the
organizers. It never was, but that's another one of many myths
that grew and prospered with the fantasyland folk who get way too
far into a hobby and lose their grip on reality.

This private chat room called rec.radio.amateur.policy doesn't

look
like a good place to actually discuss "policy" in re ham radio.

All
have to mantra-mumble selected sayings from the Church of St.
Hiram (HQ in Newington) and Believe in the efficacy of
morsemanship. All discussion is pointless. It's all a trash can
of insults on the persons holding no-code-test advocacy.

No..we only insult those who ARE insulting.

That would be you.

You're a documented liar and antagonist.

Morse code uber alles! Microphones delenda est!

You're a fool, Anderson.
Happy 2005.

It could be.

Steve, K4YZ

Old January 1st 05, 05:35 PM
bb

Hmmm? Doesn't look like an apology.

Anyway, if Jim and Kelly hadn't put forth the idea that they have
served, all this wouldn't be an issue.

PSK baud rates on HF charlesb Digital 18 September 24th 05 04:34 PM
Ultra low bit rates Paul Rubin Digital 14 June 14th 04 07:52 PM
Ultra low bit rates Paul Rubin Digital 0 June 13th 04 06:01 PM
Parabolic dish gives weak performance increase Uncle Peter Antenna 12 May 14th 04 02:54 AM
PSK baud rates on HF charlesb Digital 0 November 28th 03 03:26 AM