Old January 18th 05, 02:37 PM
Mike Coslo

Dave Heil wrote:
Lenof21 wrote:

In article .com, "bb"
writes:

N2EY wrote:

In article , Mike Coslo
writes:

wrote:

Mike Coslo wrote:

N2EY wrote:

In article ,

(Len Over 21) writes:

Careful, Brian...remember that J.P. "serves his country" (by being
a super-special amateur morseman).

Did Jim ever write anything like that, Leonard, or is it something you
claim?

Jim never said the "serves his country", at least followed with the
rest of that sentence. I wonder what the deal is with a qoute followed
by an statement in paren? An inferred quote? OY!

If you say nasty to him or Coslo, you will be accused of TRYING
TO DESTROY HAM RADIO!!!! :-)

Say nasty? Why would you do that?

My deduction is taken from what he has written that is *not* the saying
nasty part. The pejoratives and insults are just part of the background
noise.

Heh. All their expertise and "radio operator skills" go in the toilet
when trying to defend the need for morse code testing. They
resort to defamation/denigration/disassembly of those wanting to
eliminate the morse code test, all on the person but not the
subject. QED.

"They" do? What are you doing, Leonard?

- Mike KB3EIA -

Old January 18th 05, 07:09 PM
Len Over 21

In article , Dave Heil
writes:

Lenof21 wrote:

In article .com, "bb"
writes:

N2EY wrote:
In article , Mike Coslo
writes:

wrote:

Mike Coslo wrote:

N2EY wrote:

In article ,

(Len Over 21) writes:

Careful, Brian...remember that J.P. "serves his country" (by being
a super-special amateur morseman).

Did Jim ever write anything like that, Leonard, or is it something you
claim?

Which "Jim?"

Don't mighty macho morsemen "serve their country in OTHER ways?"

:-)

If you say nasty to him or Coslo, you will be accused of TRYING
TO DESTROY HAM RADIO!!!! :-)

Say nasty? Why would you do that?

Say what?

Tsk. Mighty macho morsemen seem to think that removal of the
morse code test is "destroying ham radio!"

Tsk, tsk. I'll bet you do. You seem to want to CONTROL all to
your way of thinking...ONLY your way...which is also what you've
been brainwashed into thinking by some kind of organization
headquartered in Newington.

You sure couldn't have learned your dictatorial ways in the State
Department. State isn't quite that bad, despite what a lot of
U.S. citizens (and a bunch of foreigners) think of it.

"They" do? What are you doing, Leonard?

I'm TRYING to argue against the morse code test. You are trying
to squelch such arguments by misdirection into defamation of any
who are against the morse code test.

I'd say that is against democratic principles. You wouldn't. You
control amateur radio because you are a participant. You claim
"turf" and want to exclude non-participants...even just TALK about
elimination of the morse code test.

Anyplace else that would be called "dictatorship." :-)

Yup, the World According To Dave is all about Beliefs in the Church
of St. Hiram, Pope Dave the 1st as emperor. Obey Him! :-)

Posted on 18 Jan 05
Old January 18th 05, 07:09 PM
Len Over 21

In article , Mike Coslo
writes:

Dave Heil wrote:
Lenof21 wrote:

In article .com, "bb"
writes:

N2EY wrote:

In article , Mike Coslo
writes:

wrote:

Mike Coslo wrote:

N2EY wrote:

In article ,

(Len Over 21) writes:

Careful, Brian...remember that J.P. "serves his country" (by being
a super-special amateur morseman).

Did Jim ever write anything like that, Leonard, or is it something you
claim?

Jim never said the "serves his country", at least followed with the
rest of that sentence. I wonder what the deal is with a qoute followed
by an statement in paren? An inferred quote? OY!

Tsk. Don't YOU "serve your country in other ways?"

What are those "other" ways?

Are you preserving and protecting morse code for posterity like a
national treasure?

Or are you just preserving and protecting your posterior by running
around saying "I never said that and neither did anyone else?" :-)

If you say nasty to him or Coslo, you will be accused of TRYING
TO DESTROY HAM RADIO!!!! :-)

Say nasty? Why would you do that?

My deduction is taken from what he has written that is *not* the saying

nasty part. The pejoratives and insults are just part of the background
noise.

HYPOCRISY ALERT!

Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. PCTA extra Double Standard.

OK, let us work with your paranoia. Anyone against the morse code
test for a license is "destroying amateur radio!"

So...U.S. amateur radio is all about morse code and taking the morse
code test?

That seems very odd. In fact, it seems irrational...to normal folks.

But, to the irrational, plus those with such thin skins to be sorely
wounded by the slightest negativism against morse code, being
against the morse code test is "destroying amateur radio!"

I'm sure you feel obliged to sync your phants with those irrationalists.

"They" do? What are you doing, Leonard?

Trying to argue for the elimination of the morse code test. :-)

Tsk. There's so much background noise about personalities in
here it's almost impossible to get back to the subject.

Now, you go back to "serving your country in those OTHER ways."

Your country thanks you.

Did dit.

Posted on 18 Jan 05

Old January 18th 05, 08:22 PM
Mike Coslo

Len Over 21 wrote:

In article , Dave Heil
writes:

Lenof21 wrote:

In article .com, "bb"
writes:

N2EY wrote:

In article , Mike Coslo
writes:

wrote:

Mike Coslo wrote:

N2EY wrote:

In article ,

(Len Over 21) writes:

[...]

Hmm, you possibly could:

Start a Morse code thread

Try to refrain from the pejoratives

You never know what might happen.

Then again, I suspect you enjoy things just the way they are. 8^)

I'd say that is against democratic principles. You wouldn't. You
control amateur radio because you are a participant. You claim
"turf" and want to exclude non-participants...even just TALK about
elimination of the morse code test.

Anyplace else that would be called "dictatorship." :-)

Yup, the World According To Dave is all about Beliefs in the Church
of St. Hiram, Pope Dave the 1st as emperor. Obey Him! :-)

.................shudder.........

- Mike KB3EIA -

Old January 18th 05, 08:31 PM
K4YZ

Len Over 21 wrote:
In article , Mike Coslo
writes:

Jim never said the "serves his country", at least followed with the

rest of that sentence. I wonder what the deal is with a qoute

followed
by an statement in paren? An inferred quote? OY!

Tsk. Don't YOU "serve your country in other ways?"

What are those "other" ways?

Are you preserving and protecting morse code for posterity like a
national treasure?

Or are you just preserving and protecting your posterior by

running
around saying "I never said that and neither did anyone else?"

What ways are YOU serving, Lennie?

Filling sandbags at one mysterious "diaster" in 19 70-something
was the LAST contribution we were treated to.

Of course, considering your embittered and belittling rants
against anyone who dares to do anything that doesn't involve an
exchange of coin-of-the-realm for thier services, one could
successfully argue that by staying out of our way was, in it's own
twisted way, a "service". You'd just get your feelings trampelled on
when no one immediately recognized your infinite wisdom on yet ANOTHER
discipline in which you have no practical experience and you'd then be
on yet another rantfest.

So...U.S. amateur radio is all about morse code and taking the

morse
code test?

That seems very odd. In fact, it seems irrational...to normal

folks.

Actually, YOU are the ONLY one in this forum trying to make that
assertion!

That you are neither an Amateur licensee, nor have you ever been
one is the really irrational part.

Tsk. There's so much background noise about personalities in
here it's almost impossible to get back to the subject.

There's nothing to discuss. Lennie.

Nothing else said in this forum will affect the decisions to be
made in Washington.

Now, you go back to "serving your country in those OTHER ways."

In what ways do YOU serve your country, Lennie?

Please do not tell us about all those battlefield sacrifices in
1950. You weren't there. If you suffered so much as a scuffed knee in
the Army, it was from being down on them trying to convince SOMEone of
your value to the Army.

As we can see, it was ineffectual.

Your country thanks you.

Yours would thank you, Lennie, if we could find something in the
last 50 years to thank you FOR.

Putz.

Steve, K4YZ

Old January 18th 05, 08:37 PM
Mike Coslo

Len Over 21 wrote:

In article , Mike Coslo
writes:

some snippage for clarity

Careful, Brian...remember that J.P. "serves his country" (by being
a super-special amateur morseman).

Did Jim ever write anything like that, Leonard, or is it something you
claim?

Jim never said the "serves his country", at least followed with the
rest of that sentence. I wonder what the deal is with a qoute followed
by an statement in paren? An inferred quote? OY!

Tsk. Don't YOU "serve your country in other ways?"

Well, I'm off sick today. But otherwise yes.

What are those "other" ways?

You could try to find out

Are you preserving and protecting morse code for posterity like a
national treasure?

No. I don't have anything to do with Morse code.

Or are you just preserving and protecting your posterior by running
around saying "I never said that and neither did anyone else?" :-)

That is a job much better done by others.

If you say nasty to him or Coslo, you will be accused of TRYING
TO DESTROY HAM RADIO!!!! :-)

Say nasty? Why would you do that?

My deduction is taken from what he has written that is *not* the saying
nasty part. The pejoratives and insults are just part of the background
noise.

HYPOCRISY ALERT!

Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. PCTA extra Double Standard.

OK, let us work with your paranoia. Anyone against the morse code
test for a license is "destroying amateur radio!"

Incorrect. There is a world of difference between yourself and people
such as Bill Sohl and Carl Stevenson.

So...U.S. amateur radio is all about morse code and taking the morse
code test?

That seems very odd. In fact, it seems irrational...to normal folks.

As it should.

But, to the irrational, plus those with such thin skins to be sorely
wounded by the slightest negativism against morse code, being
against the morse code test is "destroying amateur radio!"

I'm sure you feel obliged to sync your phants with those irrationalists.

"They" do? What are you doing, Leonard?

Trying to argue for the elimination of the morse code test. :-)

Well start some Morse code threads! 8^) I might even drop in on them
from time to time.

Tsk. There's so much background noise about personalities in
here it's almost impossible to get back to the subject.

I believe that is your job.

Old January 18th 05, 10:46 PM
Dave Heil

Mike Coslo wrote:

Len Over 21 wrote:

I'd say that is against democratic principles. You wouldn't. You
control amateur radio because you are a participant. You claim
"turf" and want to exclude non-participants...even just TALK about
elimination of the morse code test.

Anyplace else that would be called "dictatorship." :-)

Yup, the World According To Dave is all about Beliefs in the Church
of St. Hiram, Pope Dave the 1st as emperor. Obey Him! :-)

................shudder.........

Oh, this was one of Len's more polite and rational posts, Mike. At
least in this one, I'm not painted as a Nazi.

Dave K8MN
Old January 19th 05, 06:02 AM
Lenof21

In article , Dave Heil
writes:

Oh, this was one of Len's more polite and rational posts, Mike. At
least in this one, I'm not painted as a Nazi.

Tsk. You don't need "paint." You IS.

Posted on 18 Jan 05

PSK baud rates on HF charlesb Digital 18 September 24th 05 04:34 PM
Ultra low bit rates Paul Rubin Digital 14 June 14th 04 07:52 PM
Ultra low bit rates Paul Rubin Digital 0 June 13th 04 06:01 PM
Parabolic dish gives weak performance increase Uncle Peter Antenna 12 May 14th 04 02:54 AM
PSK baud rates on HF charlesb Digital 0 November 28th 03 03:26 AM