Old March 3rd 05, 09:23 PM
Bert Craig

Default Amphenol PL-259s

Hi folks,

I just bought a batch of Amphenol PL-259 83-1SPs to assemble some
jumpers. When did Amphenol shift from 'Made In USA' to 'Assembled In
Mexico'? The whole reason for buying Amphenol was to:

A) Enjoy that Amphenol quality. (BTW, they don't even look the same.
The dielectric has a cheap milky recycled look and the name and model
nr. are no longer stamped into the sleeve ring.)

B) Support products 'Made In USA'.

Ok, this was my two minute rant. Tnx fer listening.

73 de Bert
WA2SI
FISTS #9384
QRP ARCI #11782

Old March 3rd 05, 10:07 PM
K4YZ

Bert Craig wrote:
Hi folks,

I just bought a batch of Amphenol PL-259 83-1SPs to assemble some
jumpers. When did Amphenol shift from 'Made In USA' to 'Assembled In
Mexico'? The whole reason for buying Amphenol was to:

A) Enjoy that Amphenol quality. (BTW, they don't even look the same.
The dielectric has a cheap milky recycled look and the name and model
nr. are no longer stamped into the sleeve ring.)

B) Support products 'Made In USA'.

Ok, this was my two minute rant. Tnx fer listening.

Ain't nuttin sacred anymore, Brother!

I expect at least one of my grandkids to be "Assembled (by a)
Mexi(can)" based on dating habits of the middle daughter. Oh well...

73

Steve, K4YZ

Old March 4th 05, 02:48 AM

Bert Craig wrote:
Hi folks,

I just bought a batch of Amphenol PL-259 83-1SPs to assemble some
jumpers. When did Amphenol shift from 'Made In USA' to 'Assembled In
Mexico'? The whole reason for buying Amphenol was to:

A) Enjoy that Amphenol quality. (BTW, they don't even look the same.
The dielectric has a cheap milky recycled look and the name and model
nr. are no longer stamped into the sleeve ring.)

B) Support products 'Made In USA'.

Ok, this was my two minute rant. Tnx fer listening.

I dunno where they're made but the Wireman's silver-Teflon PL-259s (P/N
1103) are 'waaay better'n the Amphenols and they're only $1.50 a pop.

73 de Bert

w3rv

WA2SI
FISTS #9384