Old March 27th 05, 06:37 AM
Cmd Buzz Corey

Lloyd wrote:

"K4YZ" wrote in message
oups.com...

John L. Wilkerson Jr. wrote:

"RST Engineering" wrote in
:

Folks, if you INSIST on bottom posting, PLEASE don't quote a

hundred

lines of text to give three lines of your pearls of wisdom.

Bottom posting is proper netiquette.

I think Jim's angst was that I didn't cut the post I replied to
down to only a couple sentences, or a paragraph at most.

Normally I try to do that. Especially when Lennie goes into his
umpteenth re-telling of how he and ADA, passing 2.2 million messages,
saved the Free World from Communism and Amateur Radio.

I guess this one post was the proverbial straw for Jim, and he
snapped. It happens.

73

Steve, K4YZ

K4YZ = fruit

LLoyd = nitwit that can't back up his claim about the idiot MAN
receiving pro-bono lawyer services.

Old March 27th 05, 05:24 PM
Kim

Wow, just checking out live365.com. Like it!

Kim W5TIT

"Cmd Buzz Corey" wrote in message
K4YZ wrote:
Dr. Daffodil Swain wrote:

Mount the transmitter in a wx proof box, directly under the antenna

comply with Part 15. get it high up. 15 feet. keep the antenna 3

meters.

have fun.

--
For music, news and commentary you are not allowed to hear on

corporate

owned radio:
http://www.live365.com/stations/pascoradio
To see what's currently scheduled:
http://www.live365.com/broadcast/sch...ame=pascoradio

First Time Users May Be asked To Do A 1 Time Setup.
The service and the player are FREE.
Email me if you have problems listening.
"EVV" wrote in message

"WCRV WCRV" wrote in message

The Low-Power AM station hobby has become more popular over the

past 2

years.
In the U.S, it is legal to broadcast over the AM band

540kHz-1700kHz

using a 3
meter antenna and a 100mW transmitter.
Until recently, building a small AM radio station was very

complicated

and very expensive, until now.
Using a SSTRAN AMT-3000 transmitter, which comes as a kit for

under

$100.00US, or a built version which comes assembled and tested

for under

$200.00 US, and a 3 meter, coil loaded and tunable antenna for

around

$225.00 US, anyone can get on the air right now!

Folks, for those prices for a Part 15 AM "broadcaster", it better
be so hot that audio goes in like Roseanne Barr and comes out like
Celine Dion!

73

Steve, K4YZ

The AMT-3000 is an excellent Part 15 AM transmitter and well worth the
price. I have one and it is a first class kit and gives great audio. As
far as the $200 for a coil and 3 meter antenna, I'm not so sure.