Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 18th 05, 10:24 AM
K4YZ

Default For The Benefit Of Lloydie and Toddie

A simple search on Google turned up more than 8 pages of articles
on K1MAN.

Toddie's correct that "K1MAN's been around a long time. He's been
fighting the FCC since at least 1988 for as far back as I was willing
to look.

So that means the FCC has quite a few years of documentation on him
for his upcoming October 2005 renewal.

So...If Toddie wants to say "See, I can do what I want too", then
he can look at it from that angle.

I say Riley and Company has had enough and the hammer is falling.

To Toddie, I say go ahead and spend the money on legal issues if
you want...I'd rather spend them on enjoying Amateur Radio.

Of course your posts in here have pretty well set the tone for
what kind of reaction you can expect. People don't want to get
"information" from the decietful, dishonest or the lame.

You're all three.

BTW...The two of you had asked me to post where K1MAN had ever
been cited for misconduct or fines levied. Here's one right off the
top. Granted it's timed, but it was from many to choose from and
establishes the pattern.

I am sure there are far more.

Good luck, Toddie!

Steve, K4YZ

K1MAN FCC field Operations Bureau Chief, Richard M. Smith, has moved to
stop the International Amateur Radio Network bulletins from being
transmitted on the hambands. In a four page letter dated August 27th,
Smith affirmed a $1500 monetary forfeiture imposed on Glen Baxter K1MAN
last year by the FCC's Belfast, Maine Monitoring Station. Baxter was
cited for alleged broadcasting and alleged interference caused by the
broadcasts. Baxter immediately requested reconsideration by the Field
Operations Bureau. He argued that his broadcasts were, in fact, FCC
authorized information bulletins. He also claimed that the alleged
interference was no different than that caused by the ARRL's W1AW when
it takes to the air each day. But Smith disagreed and upheld the
charges and the imposed $1500 fine. As a result, K1MAN now says that he
will take the matter to the full Commission. On September 29th Baxter
filed a six page Petition for Review that requests the commission
undertake the resolution of the issues involved in the case. Baxter has
also issued a statement that says he will continue to fight even if it
means taking the case to the United States Supreme Court. The
government also appears to be getting ready for a long and involved
legal fight.