Old March 29th 05, 03:03 AM
Kim

WOOHOO!!!!! Yay for you, Bert!!!

So, you are going to to the WAC! I know a friend, KN5I, I think he's done
it twice and was on his third time around last time we hung around with him.
The first certificate was absolutely beautiful. The second one wasn't
bad...but much smaller.

Good luck!!

Kim W5TIT

"Bert Craig" wrote in message
Just finished up with K8BBM to put WY in the log and earn WAS QRP CW!

Next goal is WAC, then DXCC.

...and it all started with PA on 7031 on 9/10/03...courtesy of N2EY. Tnx
Jim. :-)

--
Vy 73 de Bert
WA2SI

Old March 30th 05, 12:17 AM
Dan/W4NTI

"Bert Craig" wrote in message
Just finished up with K8BBM to put WY in the log and earn WAS QRP CW!

Next goal is WAC, then DXCC.

...and it all started with PA on 7031 on 9/10/03...courtesy of N2EY. Tnx
Jim. :-)

--
Vy 73 de Bert
WA2SI
FISTS #9384
QRP ARCI #11782

Congrats to you Bert....but I disagree....WAC is simple. Just hang around
on 20 long enough and they will come to you.

I real accomplishment would be WAS on 5bands....I.E. 5BWAS. Now that is
tough.

Dan/W4NTI

Old March 29th 05, 03:15 AM
Caveat Lector

Congrads Bert
WY is one of the least populous states
1614 hams there according to QRZ
http://www.qrz.com/i/census.html?

--
CL -- I doubt, therefore I might be !

Old March 29th 05, 04:59 AM
Dee Flint

"Bert Craig" wrote in message
Just finished up with K8BBM to put WY in the log and earn WAS QRP CW!

Next goal is WAC, then DXCC.

...and it all started with PA on 7031 on 9/10/03...courtesy of N2EY. Tnx
Jim. :-)

--
Vy 73 de Bert
WA2SI
FISTS #9384
QRP ARCI #11782

Congratulations! and fine business. Perhaps we'll run across each other in
a contest someday.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Old March 30th 05, 12:19 AM
Dan/W4NTI

"Dee Flint" wrote in message

"Bert Craig" wrote in message
Just finished up with K8BBM to put WY in the log and earn WAS QRP CW!

Next goal is WAC, then DXCC.

...and it all started with PA on 7031 on 9/10/03...courtesy of N2EY. Tnx
Jim. :-)

--
Vy 73 de Bert
WA2SI
FISTS #9384
QRP ARCI #11782

Congratulations! and fine business. Perhaps we'll run across each other
in a contest someday.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

If you contest then how come I ain't never worked ya? Or should I say,
which ones do you enter regular? I'll look for you.

Dan/W4NTI

Old March 30th 05, 12:38 AM
Dee Flint

"Dan/W4NTI" wrote in message
. net...

"Dee Flint" wrote in message

"Bert Craig" wrote in message
Just finished up with K8BBM to put WY in the log and earn WAS QRP CW!

Next goal is WAC, then DXCC.

...and it all started with PA on 7031 on 9/10/03...courtesy of N2EY. Tnx
Jim. :-)

--
Vy 73 de Bert
WA2SI
FISTS #9384
QRP ARCI #11782

Congratulations! and fine business. Perhaps we'll run across each other
in a contest someday.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

If you contest then how come I ain't never worked ya? Or should I say,
which ones do you enter regular? I'll look for you.

Dan/W4NTI

I was wondering the same but it's just coincidence I guess. However, I'm
just a casual operator often stopping at a couple of dozen contacts.
Sometimes I and the OM use his callsign (K8BSG) instead of mine so he can
count some of the DX towards his DXCC instead of mine. He's a General and
I'm an Extra.

What contests do I work? Well I like Sweepstakes, State QSO parties, and
the DX contests. If you are one of the very fast CW ops, I probably passed
you by. For ragchewing, I'm only reliable at 15wpm although somehow I
managed to pass my 20. In contests, I can do 20 to 25 for the limited
exchange but generally have to listen several times through before trying
the station to be sure I have it right. So I stick to seek and pounce.

The most contacts I ever made in a contest was 384. It happened to be the
Feb 2004 ARRL International DX contest on CW.

I did hear you calling CQ one day within the last few months and an African
station came back to you if I remember correctly. So I went on by.

Looking at my log, I've only worked 16 stations in Alabama.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Old March 30th 05, 03:44 AM
Dan/W4NTI

"Dee Flint" wrote in message

"Dan/W4NTI" wrote in message
. net...

"Dee Flint" wrote in message

"Bert Craig" wrote in message
[...]

Hmmmm...K8BSG....I'll keep that in mind.

What contests do I work? Well I like Sweepstakes, State QSO parties, and
the DX contests.

Basically the same here. I love SS

If you are one of the very fast CW ops, I probably passed
you by.

Well I do admit I do slap the key a bit. But I do slow it down to 28 or so
when things slow down...hi.

For ragchewing, I'm only reliable at 15wpm although somehow I
managed to pass my 20. In contests, I can do 20 to 25 for the limited
exchange but generally have to listen several times through before trying
the station to be sure I have it right. So I stick to seek and pounce.

I do a lot of that, especially in a SSB contest. I just don't care that
much for phone contesting, although I did manage over 500 qso in the ssbwpx
this weekend.

The most contacts I ever made in a contest was 384. It happened to be the
Feb 2004 ARRL International DX contest on CW.

Good job.

I did hear you calling CQ one day within the last few months and an
African station came back to you if I remember correctly. So I went on
by.

Sorry I missed the QSO Dee.

Looking at my log, I've only worked 16 stations in Alabama.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

We will find each other one day. Take care Dee.

Dan/W4NTI

Old March 30th 05, 11:47 PM
Dee Flint

"Dan/W4NTI" wrote in message
k.net...

"Dee Flint" wrote in message

"Dan/W4NTI" wrote in message
. net...

"Dee Flint" wrote in message

"Bert Craig" wrote in message
[...]

Unless something comes up, I and the OM will be on the Michigan QSO Party
under either N8UZE or K8BSG.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Old March 29th 05, 05:33 AM
Dave Heil

Bert Craig wrote:

Just finished up with K8BBM to put WY in the log and earn WAS QRP CW!

Next goal is WAC, then DXCC.

...and it all started with PA on 7031 on 9/10/03...courtesy of N2EY. Tnx
Jim. :-)

Congrats on your achievement, Bert!

Dave K8MN
Old March 29th 05, 07:06 AM
K4YZ

Bert Craig wrote:
Just finished up with K8BBM to put WY in the log and earn WAS QRP CW!

Next goal is WAC, then DXCC.

...and it all started with PA on 7031 on 9/10/03...courtesy of N2EY.

Tnx
Jim. :-)

WTG, Bert! Now...cut the power in half and do it all over again!
=)

73

Steve, K4YZ