Old April 11th 05, 03:34 PM
Bert Craig

Default Amber Alert/CW

Hey, has anybody ever noticed that when they issue an Amber Alert that the
word 'amber' is also sent in Morse code?

I was helping my wife with the clothes when a loud distinctive .- -- -... .
..-. interrupted the normal voice audio. "Did you leave your radio on?" asked
my wife. When I told her I'd copied 'amber,' we both realized that an Amber
Alert message was scrolling across the bottom of the TV screen.

F.Y.I. ;-)

--
Vy 73 de Bert
WA2SI

Old April 11th 05, 07:43 PM
Phil Kane

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 10:34:51 -0400, Bert Craig wrote:

Hey, has anybody ever noticed that when they issue an Amber Alert that the
word 'amber' is also sent in Morse code?

I was helping my wife with the clothes when a loud distinctive .- -- -... .
..-. interrupted the normal voice audio. "Did you leave your radio on?" asked
my wife. When I told her I'd copied 'amber,' we both realized that an Amber
Alert message was scrolling across the bottom of the TV screen.

All Amber Alerts that I have heard "out here" are enclosed in a
"standard" EAS message, what we broadcast engineers call the "duck
fart".

Anyhow, I get mine (for whatever value they are) through the
California Emergency Digital Information Service (EDIS), both by
e-mail and (whenever I am in range) by over-the-air packet on a UHF
Broadcast Auxiliary circuit (my ham packet setup works just fine to
receive that), a no-cost non-commercial service of the California
Office of Emergency Services.

For those who want to subscribe to the e-mail version and get a
glut of status, test, and weather warning messages clogging your
e-mail every day, see: http://www.incident.com/edismail.html

--
73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane

From a Clearing in the Silicon Forest
Beaverton (Washington County) Oregon

Old April 11th 05, 10:15 PM
Tom Terrific

"Phil Kane" wrote in message
ganews.com...
All Amber Alerts that I have heard "out here" are enclosed in a
"standard" EAS message, what we broadcast engineers call the "duck
fart".

73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane

Did you lay the fart?

73,