Old April 23rd 05, 05:15 PM
CW

Default Hello, I Am New here

Can someone fill me in on the players here?

Is this a ham radio flame group?

tnx, CW

Old April 23rd 05, 05:31 PM
Dave

yes, welcome to the hams up in flames group. just start blacklisting the
flamers and before long this group is almost empty.

Old April 23rd 05, 06:37 PM
Dee Flint

"CW" wrote in message
Can someone fill me in on the players here?

Is this a ham radio flame group?

tnx, CW

It isn't supposed to be but unfortunately devolves into that all too often.

Its intended purpose is to debate issues such as Morse code testing,
proposed regulation changes, etc. Or even topics was to what is or is not
an information bulletin.

However, there are some childish people who must immediately resort to lies
and/or vulgarity if challenged rather than being able to debate. When
people are in the flame war mode, there are quite a few who choose to stay
out of the conversations until people settle down again.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Old April 23rd 05, 08:34 PM
bb

CW wrote:
Can someone fill me in on the players here?

It would be best if you loitered for a while and formed your own
opinions.

Is this a ham radio flame group?

tnx, CW

No. This is a place for amateurs to reasonably discuss amateur policy,
particularly the Morse Code testing issue.

Welcome.

bb

Old April 24th 05, 03:26 AM
Mel A. Nomah

"CW" wrote in message

:
: Can someone fill me in on the players here?
:

CW (Love your screen name),

Here are quick thumbnails of a few of the most-regular players:

First, the ying and yang of rrap, both vainglorious and pompous, but of
opposite polarity --- Steve (K4YZ) and Len (not licensed). A perfectly
matched push-pull circuit with 180-degree out of phase connections resulting
in zero-useful-output.

The mindless gadfly, Brian (N0IMD). Like one of those annoying bugs who
slips in on a hot summer night and disturbs your sleep. After awhile he
becomes part of the background noise and you don't even notice him until
suddenly he lands on your nose just as you were dozing off.

Then the self important but also completely innefective trio of Jim (N2EY),
Dee (N8UZE), and Hansl (K0HB). These three are all well meaning dufus's who
need to rent a clue about the real world.

Resident potty face, Tod (N9OGL). 37-years old, going on 8. Learned a
bunch of naughty words during recess, and seems afraid of the bogey man, so
he makes a lot of loud incoherent noise to scare away the ghost under the
bed.

Everyone else you can pretty much ignore. Now that I think of it, you can
ignore the ones listed above too.

M.A.N.
--
"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord,
make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it."

Old April 24th 05, 02:12 PM
bb

yojimbo wrote:
On 23 Apr 2005 12:34:53 -0700, bb wrote:

CW wrote:
Is this a ham radio flame group?

No. This is a place for amateurs to reasonably discuss amateur

policy,
particularly the Morse Code testing issue.

And, as you can see, we are all being reasonable on here and
discussing only our ideas. We don't ever discuss each other or use
profanity, and Woger Wiseman isn't hanging out here.

And ducks don't have feathers.

YES this is a de facto flame group.

No, it isn't. Go to rec.radio.amateur.misc to flame. And quit
cross-posting to policy.

Old April 24th 05, 04:10 PM
K4YZ

CW wrote:
Is this a ham radio flame group?

No. This is a place for amateurs to reasonably discuss amateur

policy,
particularly the Morse Code testing issue.

And, as you can see, we are all being reasonable on here and
discussing only our ideas. We don't ever discuss each other or use
profanity, and Woger Wiseman isn't hanging out here.

And ducks don't have feathers.

YES this is a de facto flame group.

No, it isn't. Go to rec.radio.amateur.misc to flame. And quit
cross-posting to policy.

Our moderator and "Seventy-Years-Too-Late To Join The Hitler
Youth" wannabe has spoken.

Now do what N0IMD says or he'll start lying about you, too!

Steve, K4YZ

Old April 24th 05, 11:54 PM
KØHB

"Mel A. Nomah" wrote in message
link.net...

Here are quick thumbnails of a few of the most-regular players:

At least everyone you named has the grapes to identify themselves.

de Hans, K0HB

Old April 25th 05, 10:46 PM
bb

K4YZ wrote:

CW wrote:
Is this a ham radio flame group?

No. This is a place for amateurs to reasonably discuss amateur

policy,
particularly the Morse Code testing issue.

And, as you can see, we are all being reasonable on here and
discussing only our ideas. We don't ever discuss each other or

use
profanity, and Woger Wiseman isn't hanging out here.

And ducks don't have feathers.

YES this is a de facto flame group.

No, it isn't. Go to rec.radio.amateur.misc to flame. And quit
cross-posting to policy.

Our moderator and "Seventy-Years-Too-Late To Join The Hitler
Youth" wannabe has spoken.

Hmmmm? What does Miccolis or Heil say when the "Nazi theme" comes up?

Now do what N0IMD says or he'll start lying about you, too!

Steve, K4YZ

Steve, I sure hope you don't feel put upon by my holding you up to your
own words, your own rules, and your own standards.

Welp, you just scraped by with merely 29 lies in three weeks. I
figured you for a shoe-in at 30 lies or the rate of 10 new lies per
week. You disappoint as usual.

It must really suck to be Steve Robeson/K4YZ/K4CAP/K4MARS.

Old April 25th 05, 10:48 PM
bb

K=D8HB wrote:
"Mel A. Nomah" wrote in message
link.net...

Here are quick thumbnails of a few of the most-regular players:

At least everyone you named has the grapes to identify themselves.

de Hans, K0HB

Everyone here knows who I am, except the deranged refugees from
rra.misc. You'll forgive me if I don't introduce myself to them.

bb