Old May 5th 05, 05:44 PM
KØHB

wrote

Does definitely NOT work for those olde-tyme
morsemen locked into the standards and
practices of seven decades ago...they're
still scratching their balding heads wondering
why the rest of the radio world gave up on "CW."

Armenian judges gave it a 9.8 on the Olympic Troll-O-Meter,
but they were over-ruled by the umpires in instant replay, who
award it a 2.1.

The Armenian judges lodged a formal protest!

It was sufficiently trollish, of course, but way too obvious.
It was poorly written, poorly executed, and was so incredibly
lame as to lack the true drawing power of a really masterful
troll. Maybe as high as a 2.3 for the sheer stupidity of the
premise, but a 9.8? Never! The Armenian judges tear their
hair out, throw their balalaikas down in dismay, and perform
the traditional Armenian Dismay Chant! They demand a recount!

Regards,

Hans, K0HB
Lord High Keeper of the Troll-O-Meter

0 2 4 6 8 10
\
\
\
\
\
\
TROLL-O-METER

Old May 5th 05, 06:33 PM
Michael Coslo

Where is the PBI at now, Hans?

- Mike KB3EIA -

Old May 5th 05, 06:51 PM
KØHB

"Michael Coslo" wrote

Where is the PBI at now, Hans?

It's here and at QRZ.COM forum for open-comment.

It's in the hands of W5JBP and the Dakota Division elected leadership for
feedback.

73, de Hans, K0HB

Old May 6th 05, 12:14 AM

From: "K=D8=88B" on Thurs,May 5 2005 9:44 am

wrote

Armenian judges gave it a 9.8 on the Olympic Troll-O-Meter,
but they were over-ruled by the umpires in instant replay, who
award it a 2.1.

The Armenian judges lodged a formal protest!

I HURL YOUR "UMPIRES" ASIDE WITH GREAT FORCE...

premise, but a 9.8? Never! The Armenian judges tear their
hair out, throw their balalaikas down in dismay, and perform
the traditional Armenian Dismay Chant! They demand a recount!

CAN YOUR "UMPIRES" COUNT PAST SEVEN?

Or do they need permission to stay up late?

I didn't know you knew ANY Armenians. Lots and lots
of them living here in bordering Glendale, CA. Don't
know of any that have "balalaikas." Do you have a
"balalaika" or are you just pulling your strings?

Get a rag and wipe up all that condescension
collecting on your pipes...makes you look all
drippy...

Lord High Keeper of the Sanity Clauses

Old May 6th 05, 01:30 AM
KØHB

wrote

I HURL YOUR "UMPIRES" ASIDE WITH GREAT FORCE...

Yawn

Old May 6th 05, 01:36 AM
Mike Coslo

KØHB wrote:

wrote

I HURL YOUR "UMPIRES" ASIDE WITH GREAT FORCE...

Yawn

No doubt your yawn will be hurled aside with great force! Maybe even
dismissed with great prejudice! 8^)

- Mike KB3EIA -
Old May 6th 05, 01:41 AM
KØHB

"Mike Coslo" wrote in

Yawn

No doubt your yawn will be hurled aside with great force!

There's plenty more where that one came from! BSEG

73, de Hans, K0HB
--
"Hark! I Have Hurled My Words To The Far Corners Of
The Earth! What King Of Old Could Do Thus?"

Old May 6th 05, 01:53 AM
Mike Coslo

KØHB wrote:

"Mike Coslo" wrote in

Yawn

No doubt your yawn will be hurled aside with great force!

There's plenty more where that one came from! BSEG

73, de Hans, K0HB
--
"Hark! I Have Hurled My Words To The Far Corners Of
The Earth! What King Of Old Could Do Thus?"
--AC6V

Kewl!

Let me know what I can do to help tho'.

- Mike KB3EIA -
Old May 6th 05, 02:51 AM
bb

From: "bb" on Wed,May 4 2005 4:13 pm

From: "K0HB" on Tues,May 3 2005 5:59 pm

"bb" wrote

The ARRL is about HF radio using Morse Code.

Bull****.

In the face of REALITY of years of published fact
that Brian is right, I "hurl your opinion aside
with great force!"

Yup, everyone just got through saying that there's a problem

attracting
Technicians to the organization. No one seems to be able to put

their
finger on exactly why, only because they reject the -correct- answer
(reminds me of the OJ case). And they still wring their hands and

bite
their knuckles and ask, "Why?"

It's awful. Those olde-tymers just CAN'T understand
why all the newcomers DON'T worship the olde-tymers'
ideals of long ago.

Hell, I'm OLDER than most of them and I STARTED on
HF...but NOT doing a bit of "CW." :-)

And so they still search for the answer. The answer will only be
meaningful if they work hard for it (uphill both ways). Sufficient
time must pass for them to forget what you or I have said, and for them
to arrive at the answer independantly.

To borrow from Edison: 100% perspiration, 0% inspiration.

OK, I'll rephrase the answer. The ARRL may not be just about

HF
radio using Morse Code, but the Technicians think it is. Hi! Sheds

whole new light on the subject. How about that for fair play?

Works for me. :-)

Does definitely NOT work for those olde-tyme
morsemen locked into the standards and
practices of seven decades ago...they're
still scratching their balding heads wondering
why the rest of the radio world gave up on "CW."

Maybe one day, once they forget that you told them why already, they'll
arrive at that answer independantly, too.

Well, they have their imaginary universes
locked up in their heads. They seem to be
happy in their status quondam...

I give up.