Old May 1st 05, 04:44 PM
Cory Mason

Default CB Radio is MUCH more valuable than Amateur Radio...

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 13:27:50 -0700, "John Smith"
wrote:

Facts are...

There are millions of CB Radios out there. Some of these radios are in
attics, basements and storage sheds--waiting and forgotten.

The hams picture themselves as the source of ALL communications (well, along
with gov't) in the event of a major catastrophe. This is quite obliviously
ridiculous. It will be truckers and 4-wheelers out on the road, with their
radios, in vast numbers, which will first begin to set up communications.
They will be providing information and aiding in re-routing traffic around
hazardous, dangerous and questionable areas the hams will be monitoring
their communications picking up important information as it is happening.
CB radios will be supplying hundreds or even thousands (tens-of-thousands,
hundreds-of-thousands?) as the few hams with their hobby radios.

Truckers are living in the real world, their radios are used in real world
situations--reporting accidents, traffic conditions, emergencies and in
conduction commerce--they WILL be the most valuable communication
lines--their training has been continuous and ongoing....

Freebanders and CB'ers will shine in the event of such an event--let us all
hope it never happens...

But, don't hang your head in shame as the hams would have it; hold it high,
you are clearly head-and-shoulders in the defense, protection and
communications of this great country!

Hopefully, either the hams have CB equipment--or can quickly modify their
equipment and do a quick catch-up!!! grin

While debate and argument are good things and will help make it common
knowledge that the hams have their heads up their A$$'s--the facts stated
above are simply too obivious to argue. However, if/when you do run into
hams which cannot face the real world--perhaps it would be a kindness to
suggest a three-day observation in their local mental health facility....

Regards,
John

John, What is your problem with hams?

Regards
Cory

Old May 4th 05, 12:20 AM
Cmd Buzz Corey

wrote:

While debate and argument are good things and will help make it common
knowledge that the hams have their heads up their A$$'s--the facts stated
above are simply too obivious to argue. However, if/when you do run into
hams which cannot face the real world--perhaps it would be a kindness to
suggest a three-day observation in their local mental health facility....

Regards,
John

John, What is your problem with hams?

Regards
Cory

He is just another cber too lazy to get a ham license so the best he can
do is attempt to slam ham operators. Ham radio out performs cb radio in
so many ways it makes cb look really pathetic, and the cbers have done
an excellent job themselves of making cb look pathetic by making 11
meters the sewer pit of the radio spectrum.
Old May 4th 05, 03:21 AM
John Smith

Hmmm, yep, I wrote that--but that part may be viewed as "out of context."
It is in regards to emergencies and the roles CB/Freeband and ham will
play....

And, I am NOT known for my poetry!!!!

Warmest regards,
John

Old May 4th 05, 03:41 AM
John Smith

And, you know partner, that is one VERY CHEAP SHOT... I am betting it is
indicative of your whole character....

You should have mentioned it is from rec.radio.cb...

The group there are truck drivers, when speaking to truck drivers a much
different form of speech is chosen than in other groups...

It would have been much more appropriate to have mentioned that.... or, even
better, to have referred them to rec.radio.cb and told them I was posting
there... either or both would have been preferable...

That is uncouth... what next... pickup something from a porn room and drop
it here?

Indeed, if you look in the above postings, of mine, in this group, you will
find I have expressed these same ideas here--with gentler nouns, verbs and
text... but then, I think you are for another purpose... perhaps because
you are feeling you are losing the argument there, and so wish to sick more
hounds upon me?

Old May 4th 05, 05:51 AM
Shadow998

I still have one CB radio that I keep operational. I turn it on to reaffirm
why I became a ham. In the early '70s, CB was still an honorable
communication means employed by many groups performing public services.
Most operators were considerate; the key word here is "were".

If we had a national emergency today, John and his "good buddies" would step
on each other and crank up their "leenyars" to the point they would wipe out
the nationwide 11 meter band with heterodyne. Wait---they already do that
on a daily basis.

Quite a number of truckers are now licensed hams--they need to be able to
communicate more than a mile or two.

I have good memories of my CB days, and I appreciate that it got me into ham
radio. Unfortunately, "Sewer Pit" is a realistic description for what it
has become in many areas--including mine.

Illegitimi non caborundum.

Russ

Old May 4th 05, 06:13 AM
John Smith

shadow:

That is interesting.

I know men who instruct in colleges, are trusted with great secrets, who
run amateur, who run CB who I am very happy to have as friends...

Then:

I know men who instruct in colleges, are trusted with great secrets, who
run amateur, who run CB who I am better off for not having their company...

See, their differences lie in their character, and not in their position...
and in that light--I suspect you and commander buzz share the same....

Regards,
John

om...

Old May 4th 05, 10:11 AM

The group there are truck drivers, when speaking to truck drivers a
much
different form of speech is chosen than in other groups... ........

All CB'ers are truck drivers? I know a few truck drivers, and I didn't
need an interpretor... The ones I know seem to speak english.
Are you talking to Iranian truck drivers? I doubt they use many CB's...
Most prefer to bootleg on VHF using ham tranceivers....Kinda the
3rd world "family radio"....

Indeed, if you look in the above postings, of mine, in this group, you
will
find I have expressed these same ideas here--with gentler nouns, verbs
and
text...

I've read your rantings at both places....All in all....I still think
you
must have been an abused child...You seem fairly silly at either
group...gentle or not...BTW....What is this great "mis-information"
we hams have supposably foisted upon the world? I read that post....
Sillyness it was...You don't need to be a ham to foist
misinformation...
You can go back to barking at the moon now....
BTW, Don't worry. I'm not going to argue with you...
I fear it would be too painful for you to cope with.
I wouldn't want you to go "postal" on us, or anything....I remember
once on 75m, they picked on this dude for so long, he went postal
and shot his wife to death out of sheer frustration. No joke....
It was on the frequency I talked on at that time...Some out there
may still remember it....He was a "4" lander....Was about '85 or so...
He may still be serving time for it... So you can see my concern.
I wouldn't want you to end up like that. I've argued with some people,

and they started barking at the moon out of frustration. You already
bark at the moon, so I'm afraid I could be fatal to you... So I'll
leave
you alone....Resume barking now....
MK

Old May 4th 05, 05:19 PM
John Smith

It is your opinion as opposed to mine--this would be a petty argument at
best...

Instead of choosing to argue a point I have already decided for myself--go
visit there, then attempt to convince that the arguments, debates, and
gentlemens' exchange is the same as it is here--if NOT, then I stand correct
in what I have stated...

Quit nipping at my ankles, it grows boring...

John

oups.com...

Old May 5th 05, 03:36 PM
anon

Saw a spread spectrum set up in a long haul trucker rig yesterday.
Driver would not say exactly where they are being sold, except
somewhere in Illinois. His rig also had a Icom HF rig in it and
what looked like a marine radio. Too bad he wouldn't talke more.
A couple years ago these guys were very talkative. My guess, the
FCC letters are classic "unintended consequences." Meaning. these
guys are now much more security aware.

shortwv John Lauritsen Shortwave 0 November 28th 04 07:19 PM
Amateur Radio Newsline™ Report 1415 ­ September 24, 2004 Radionews Broadcasting 0 September 26th 04 07:09 AM
Amateur Radio Newsline™ Report 1400 ­ June 11, 2004 Radionews General 0 June 16th 04 08:35 PM