Old May 27th 05, 03:36 PM
Cmd Buzz Corey

K4YZ wrote:

yet the "text"
guys were younger and had greater reaction times and speed.

But probably more experienced at text messaging that the code guys.
Old May 28th 05, 02:06 AM
bb

K4YZ wrote:
Bill Sohl wrote:
Lots of stuff snipped with additional comments below.

wrote in message
oups.com...

Should we have a pity party for the poor text messaging
record holder. If the text message folks feared a put
down then they had the option to not play. They decided to
play and they lost....fair, square, contrived or how ever
you feel it was inevitable that text messaging would lose.

Okay, then you agree it was a SETUP?

I agree the result was predictable...if you want to call
it a set-up, then so be it.

It takes two hands to use a cellphone for text-messaging purposes.

Not if it's cemented to an operating console.

In only takes two fingers to send Morse Code on a keyer.

It only takes one finger to send you a message.

Old May 28th 05, 03:41 PM
K4YZ

bb wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...

Should we have a pity party for the poor text messaging
record holder. If the text message folks feared a put
down then they had the option to not play. They decided to
play and they lost....fair, square, contrived or how ever
you feel it was inevitable that text messaging would lose.

Okay, then you agree it was a SETUP?

I agree the result was predictable...if you want to call
it a set-up, then so be it.

It takes two hands to use a cellphone for text-messaging purposes.

Not if it's cemented to an operating console.

Well...there you go...another evolution in common sense.

In only takes two fingers to send Morse Code on a keyer.

It only takes one finger to send you a message.

Seems that's the only method of "digital" communications you and
Lennie seem to know...Why am I not surprised?

Steve, K4YZ

Old May 29th 05, 03:30 AM
bb

K4YZ wrote:
bb wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...

Should we have a pity party for the poor text messaging
record holder. If the text message folks feared a put
down then they had the option to not play. They decided to
play and they lost....fair, square, contrived or how ever
you feel it was inevitable that text messaging would lose.

Okay, then you agree it was a SETUP?

I agree the result was predictable...if you want to call
it a set-up, then so be it.

It takes two hands to use a cellphone for text-messaging purposes.

Not if it's cemented to an operating console.

Well...there you go...another evolution in common sense.

In only takes two fingers to send Morse Code on a keyer.

It only takes one finger to send you a message.

Seems that's the only method of "digital" communications you and
Lennie seem to know...Why am I not surprised?

A straight key requires only one finger. I thought a Mighty Macho
Morseman such as yourself would know that.

Old May 29th 05, 09:15 PM

From: "bb" on Sat 28 May 2005 19:30

K4YZ wrote:
bb wrote:
K4YZ wrote:

In only takes two fingers to send Morse Code on a keyer.

It only takes one finger to send you a message.

Seems that's the only method of "digital" communications you and
Lennie seem to know...Why am I not surprised?

A straight key requires only one finger. I thought a Mighty Macho
Morseman such as yourself would know that.

The Last Action Hero may not have figured out WHICH finger
to use. He is confronted with a choice of one out of ten.
That may present a difficulty.

Mighty Stebie doesn't NEED fingers. He only has to IMAGINE
sending morse and, lo!, it happens...and he will spend a few
years bragging about his marvelous ability...as an Extra
amateur radio operator...who hasn't shown any knowledge of
maintenance or theory of operation, not even a familiarity
with simple Ohm's Law of Resistance...so then he can chide
and bully all others who don't need morsemanship about
"OPERATING (using morse code)."

Old May 30th 05, 07:22 AM

From: "bb" on May 29, 8:24 pm

From: "bb" on Sat 28 May 2005 19:30
K4YZ wrote:
bb wrote:
K4YZ wrote:

In only takes two fingers to send Morse Code on a keyer.

It only takes one finger to send you a message.

Seems that's the only method of "digital" communications you and
Lennie seem to know...Why am I not surprised?

A straight key requires only one finger. I thought a Mighty Macho
Morseman such as yourself would know that.

The Last Action Hero may not have figured out WHICH finger
to use. He is confronted with a choice of one out of ten.
That may present a difficulty.

He could always "Dial" for advice from interesting people in Fairfield
County..

Yup. That takes just ONE finger. :-)

Tsk, then he gets all disturbed about getting another finger
in return... :-)

Mighty Stebie doesn't NEED fingers.

Doesn't need a brain either. Just two synapses firing like the
simplest organism.

I say FOUR synapses. Extra Class paramecium level. :-)

...better than lowly bacteria.

He only has to IMAGINE
sending morse and, lo!, it happens...and he will spend a few
years bragging about his marvelous ability...as an Extra
amateur radio operator...who hasn't shown any knowledge of
maintenance or theory of operation, not even a familiarity
with simple Ohm's Law of Resistance...so then he can chide
and bully all others who don't need morsemanship about
"OPERATING (using morse code)."

He is Extra. He has reached the pinnacle of Radiodom.

Yup. The very TOP level of amateurism. As an OPERATOR
who once said he was "deserving" of that because of the
"way he could tune in a signal!" :-)

Doesn't know feces from shoe polish on what's behind the
front panels or how it works, but he can "operate" and tune
that dial!!! :-)