Old May 13th 05, 05:57 PM
KC8GXW

Default freedom of speech?

From http://myrockport.com/world.htm

A three-judge panel of the Michigan Court of Appeals declared that the
talking penis, nicknamed Dick Smart, telling "purportedly humorous"
jokes on a Grand Rapids, Michigan, public access cable television
channel constituted indecent exposure.

The court let stand a one-day jail sentence already served by the show's
creator, Timothy Huffman.

Wednesday's ruling contained a transcript of the three-minute segment
that aired twice in 2000, including the voice-over lines delivered in
the style of the late comedian Rodney Dangerfield: "Hi, I'm Dick Smart.
I am a comedian, yeah, stand up, ha."

Huffman could not immediately be reached for comment but he told the
Detroit Free Press newspaper he planned to appeal in defence of his
right to freedom of speech.

Old May 13th 05, 06:20 PM
N9OGL

That was a state court hahahaha

Here's another link

http://www.rcfp.org/news/mag/28-3/bct-accessto.html

Todd N9OGL

Old May 13th 05, 06:39 PM
N9OGL

,,,,and another link

http://www.freep.com/news/latestnews...0_20050511.htm

he's going to file an appeal to the Michigan Supreme Court....Wait unit
it hit's the federal Court, they will throw the state's ruling out. The
Supreme Court has already ruled on indcency on public access back in
1996. (See Denver Area Educational Telecommunications Consortium Inc.
vs. FCC)
In that case the U.S. Supreme Court rulied that indecent material on
public access was protected by the First Amendment.

Old May 13th 05, 06:43 PM
KC8GXW

N9OGL wrote:
bla bla bla sputter lie lie bla bla

Who cares what toad wrote.
If you can't answer my questions don't make fun of my post! LIAR.
Unless you were involved in the show? I bet you did the talking on the
show. I'm sure the breath matches!

Old May 13th 05, 06:57 PM
N9OGL

I DIDN'T MAKE FUN OF YOUR POST I ADDED OTHER LINKS...DON'T JUST READ
**** OFF ONE SITE...GET ALL THE FACTS.

n9ogl

Old May 13th 05, 07:00 PM
KC8GXW

N9OGL wrote:

,,,,and another link

http://www.freep.com/news/latestnews...0_20050511.htm

he's going to file an appeal to the Michigan Supreme Court....Wait unit
it hit's the federal Court, they will throw the state's ruling out. The
Supreme Court has already ruled on indcency on public access back in
1996. (See Denver Area Educational Telecommunications Consortium Inc.
vs. FCC)
In that case the U.S. Supreme Court rulied that indecent material on
public access was protected by the First Amendment.

At first I thought somebody was faking the toad (like anybody would want
to). But then I saw "Wait unit" did he mean "weight unit? Pounds?
ounces? Grams? Maybe the toad can come to Michigan and represent Mr.
Timothy Huffman, since the toad is always the expert.

Old May 13th 05, 07:05 PM
N9OGL

It's wait until it it hits the federal courts.

n9ogl

Old May 13th 05, 07:07 PM
N9OGL

Maybe the toad can come to Michigan and represent Mr.
Timothy Huffman, since the toad is always the expert.

He already has Alliance for Media and the ACLU and a few other public
access groups representing him

n9ogl

Old May 13th 05, 07:57 PM
K4YZ

N9OGL wrote:
It's wait until it it hits the federal courts.

I sure hope you can wax floors and flip hamburgers, Todd, because
you'll never make it as a English teacher!

Steve, K4YZ

Old May 13th 05, 09:18 PM
N9OGL

Sociopath Steve said
I sure hope you can wax floors and flip hamburgers, Todd, because
you'll never make it as a English teacher!

I don't attend to teach english......my field is computer science.

n9ogl