RadioBanter

-   -   How things are here... (https://www.radiobanter.com/policy/72520-how-things-here.html)

John Smith June 9th 05 03:10 PM

How things are here...

At 52 I am one of the "young guys here." The "amateur hobby radio'ists"
here have managed to chase away most if not all--down to the very last
REAL young guy away.

They do this with personal attacks on those of differing opinions. They
deny facts and figure. Like a bunch of shyster accountants they bend
figures to attempt to argue for the status quo.

Like a bunch of lawyers they attempt to bend the words of Haynie into an
"Atta Boy", while in reality he chastises them for ill behavior and
damaging the hobby.

There are no young hams here for a darn good reason--few have a skin
thick enough to have staying power. And then, you have those who just
have better things to do....

These guys who have stagnated the hobby are attempting to maintain the
status quo even as the hobby dips to low numbers, cannot achieve even
minor new band allocations and are ineffective in even limiting
BPL--broadband over powerline--simply because they have managed to put
the amateur radio hobby so far on the back burner most have forgotten of
its existence... and this they are quite happy with, clear bands so they
can rag chew with buddies over rants and medical problems is what they
really seek...

If you are in your 30 and under you will have a hard time staying
here--unless you like turning your nose brown...

Warmest regards,
John
--
Watching the cutting edge of yesterday replay--in virtual reality, right
before my eyes--in real time!

[email protected] June 9th 05 09:35 PM

From: "John Smith" on Thurs 9 Jun 2005 07:10

At 52 I am one of the "young guys here." The "amateur hobby radio'ists"
here have managed to chase away most if not all--down to the very last
REAL young guy away.

John, all of the mighty amateur warriors in here are "young."
They haven't aged a bit since they got their first ham licenses
as teen agers. Neither has their comportment...still frozen in
adolescence. :-)

This newsgroup IS "The Twilight Zone," needing no "signpost up
ahead" to tell where anyone is...only Rod Serling is "SK."

They do this with personal attacks on those of differing opinions. They
deny facts and figure. Like a bunch of shyster accountants they bend
figures to attempt to argue for the status quo.

Status quo kept status quo. Time be frozen in their adolescence.

THEY rule. None may say nay to their mighty (teen-age) words.

THEY formulate new laws of physics, mathematics, statistics,
bend truth like an ultimate elastomer at breaking point, say
that is "truth."

Like a bunch of lawyers they attempt to bend the words of Haynie into an
"Atta Boy", while in reality he chastises them for ill behavior and
damaging the hobby.

Haynie was "democratically elected" by ruling majority of
"representative of all hams." So sayeth the League.

Ergo, by THEIR rules, they defile themselves by talking against
the words of their "elected representative." Hypocritical
criticism by these mighty radiomen.

There are no young hams here for a darn good reason--few have a skin
thick enough to have staying power. And then, you have those who just
have better things to do....

Quite true, but some of these mighty (radio) warriors have
skins so thin it rivals the thickness of a microtome's
finest slice. They experience mighty emotional PAIN and
STRIKE OUT in anguish. So many strikes they have been "out"
for decades.

THEY cannot comprehend the modern world nor reality so they
defile it, denigrate it, damn all who point it out to them.
THEY rule. All shall bend to THEM.

These guys who have stagnated the hobby are attempting to maintain the
status quo even as the hobby dips to low numbers, cannot achieve even
minor new band allocations and are ineffective in even limiting
BPL--broadband over powerline--simply because they have managed to put
the amateur radio hobby so far on the back burner most have forgotten of
its existence... and this they are quite happy with, clear bands so they
can rag chew with buddies over rants and medical problems is what they
really seek...

John, THEY RULE. THEY exercise "judgement" on all who do not
heed their god-like edicts. When challenged they retreat into
their edict bunkers and compose songs and sagas of their "those
were the days" when they were (supposedly) young. The League
once had Archie comics. Fitting.

In one (strange) way, it is entertainment...TV re-runs on a
second-rate cable channel playing sit-coms of decades ago.
The Land Where Time Was Lost. Where some of THEM still live
in their heads.

THEY quo about their status like aging banty roosters. The
hens got tired of them some time ago, some leaving for better,
saner "nests." Their barnyard is now emptier and they feel
free to strut and posture...which they do in parades of pomp
and patriotic phrases (like pharisees) over their greatness.
Never mind their limping struts nor the molting feathers and
scratchy, cackling words of admonition...they are ageless,
immortal, secure in their "judgement" that only THEY are
"right."

If you are in your 30 and under you will have a hard time staying
here--unless you like turning your nose brown...

THEY cannot understand that and their feathers ruffle in
outrage that they are not believed. THEY "judge" and that
is that. All must to THEIR bidding, heed their guru words
of yesteryear despite the crackling of their cackling like
so much QRM. They are captains of their ship sinking slowly
in the river called denial.

Warmest regards,
John

And the same to you, Johm.

Mind the fallen molts and the absolute **** in this barnyard
left by the strutting but limping banty roosters. The FDA
has no ratings for these hams. Squawk 77, Mayday!

retired (from regular hours) electronic engineer person

K4YZ June 10th 05 07:04 AM

From: "John Smith" on Thurs 9 Jun 2005 07:10

At 52 I am one of the "young guys here." The "amateur hobby radio'ists"
here have managed to chase away most if not all--down to the very last
REAL young guy away.

John, all of the mighty amateur warriors in here are "young."
They haven't aged a bit since they got their first ham licenses
as teen agers. Neither has their comportment...still frozen in
adolescence.

Some of us just refuse to be assinine crumudgeons like Lennie.

Big snip to bottom...I think Lennie and John will be fast friends.

Squawk 77, Mayday!

There haven't been any 64 code transponders in service since 1970,
Lennie.

Of course you wouldn't know that because "aviator" is yet another
thing you are "not" and have no practical experience in...Well...No
experience since 1950-something, anyway...

Sheesh...This just isn't your week, is it?

retired (from regular hours) electronic engineer person

Thank-God.

Steve, K4YZ

John Smith June 10th 05 03:54 PM

geesh, alzheimers is already hitting me, having been born in 1949 I am
55--and I accuse women of lying about their age--I am getting old...
birthdays come too quickly, another before this years end, guess I would
secretly like to remain 52... frown

I know nothing of flying except how to board a plane (probably don't
even do that correctly...)

.... as I have said, has nothing to do with the death of amateur radio or
the dangers it faces...

John

"K4YZ" wrote in message
oups.com...

[email protected] June 10th 05 10:43 PM

From: "John Smith" on Fri 10 Jun 2005 07:54

geesh, alzheimers is already hitting me, having been born in 1949 I am
55--and I accuse women of lying about their age--I am getting old...
birthdays come too quickly, another before this years end, guess I would
secretly like to remain 52... frown

Be nice to Stebie. Stebie say all old people DIE real soon.
Stebie immortal, nebber die. Stebie wanna FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT.
Stebie fight death. All Stebie enemies DIE very soon.
Stebie not die. He say so. Archived.

Soon Stebie be Last Man on Earth. He sit alone in cabin,
then get knock on door. [Stebie not read Isaac Asimov]

I know nothing of flying except how to board a plane (probably don't
even do that correctly...)

Stebie ultra-superior gunnery sergeant pilot, be "Pilot in
Command" of two-seater single-engine. Veddy important, have
picture taken in flight suit, frowning, not show teeth again.
Stebie air ace, make ace of self in TN CAP ready room,
reading old PIREPs and NOTAMs.

... as I have said, has nothing to do with the death of amateur radio or
the dangers it faces...

Newsgroup all about Stebie and FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT enemies.
All enemies DIE. All enemies LIE. Only Stebie say truth.

Hope Stebie see dentist very soon. Get tooth fixed, smile
for first time in life.

John

K4YZ June 11th 05 08:21 AM

wrote:

Be nice to Stebie...(SNIP)

No acknowledgement of the error. "Professional Engineer" who
allegedly "knows" Avionics.

Soon Stebie be Last Man on Earth.

If it were between you and I, yes, I'd be the last man on Earth.

And still don't see your acknowledgement of your error on the IFF
codes.

Stebie ultra-superior...(SNIP)

Only where you're concerned, Lennie...Of course it doesn't take too
much to BE that way, so it's no accomplishment of note.

Didn't see anything about your error there either, Lennie

Newsgroup all about Stebie and FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT enemies.

I don't have any enemies here, Lennie...at least as far as I am
concerned. If I do, THEY have a problem.

All enemies DIE.

Eventually.

All enemies LIE.

Not all of them. But you're the Geico of Liars, Lennie...Solid
97%, and working on the other 3%...

Only Stebie say truth.

Nope. But I am one of many. You're not, though.

Hope Stebie see dentist very soon. Get tooth fixed, smile
for first time in life.

I will.

When I unload those caffinated drinks.

Steve, K4YZ

John Smith June 11th 05 08:30 AM

Len:

I think steve's argument goes like this, "If I can find one thing wrong
with any of your text--I can dismiss ALL of it"

--OR--

"Once I can prove a point wrong in any of your posts--anything you have
to say from then on is LESS IMPORTANT than my text"

.... Where do they get these guys from? Even though the younger
generation is much more educated than just a few decades ago--dinosaurs
still walking the earth is an amazing sight!!! grin

Warmest regards,
John

ups.com...

Mona June 11th 05 10:50 AM

"John Smith" wrote in message
Len:

I think steve's argument goes like this, "If I can find one thing wrong
with any of your text--I can dismiss ALL of it"

--OR--

"Once I can prove a point wrong in any of your posts--anything you have
to say from then on is LESS IMPORTANT than my text"

.... Where do they get these guys from? Even though the younger
generation is much more educated than just a few decades ago--dinosaurs
still walking the earth is an amazing sight!!! grin

Warmest regards,
John

Aw, gee. The suck-up factor has increased by leaps and bounds. We have a
sixty something retiree bolstering and encouraging a late seventy something
retiree as they back slap one another on a job they think is well done.
What fun. One is awaiting his Social Security check and the other is casting
downward glances to make sure the elastic on his Relys is not leaking. A guy
can ruin chairs that way.

Ya gotta love these doddering old fools. One tries to enhance the other
while at the same time they are stumbling over one another in an effort of
one upmanship.

"Yeah, Len, you are cool. My idol."
"Dittos, John."
"Who should I denigrate next, Len?"
"Oh, take your pick."

"Let me give it some thought, Len."
"OK. Take your time. I have to change my Relys."
"Understood. I have to do the same. By the way...do you use Lite Days or
Nite Days?"

....and the tale of the weak-bladdered duo is to be continued.

K4YZ June 11th 05 02:24 PM

Mona wrote:

...and the tale of the weak-bladdered duo is to be continued.

Your own anonymous status notwithstanding, this is not an unusual
situation. Once every 6 months or so an anonymous "LennieFan" pops up,
glad hands Lennie for a few days or couple weeks, then disappears as
quickly as they arrived.

Lennie's only NON-anonymous fans have been very few. First on his
list is Brian Burke, N0IMD. "Brain" is himself an archived chronic
liar and has numerous character issues unresolved. He cowers behind
"bb" and won't sign his name or callsign to posts alledging "spam
mitigation". Bunk.

"Brain" has a laundry list of unanswered, unresolved questions
going back over 5 years, yet he tries to hide his inadequacies behind
false and misleading spindances against me.

The fact is that he's not only been caught with his britches down
more than a fifty cent hooker on payday, but they are dragging behind
him, tattered and forever unrepairable and unserviceable. Did it to
himself, though...He keeps running headlong into that brick wall then
complains about the headache.

There's Vipul Shah, KB1HMW. Actually, Vipul started out as
"anonymous", but with a bit of research I "outted" him. What can we say
about Vipul? I am sure he's basically a nice guy, but he's one of
those immigrants who seems to think the entirety of the United States
is going to morph into something HE can understand, rather than him
adapting to the enviroment he's in. He carries that through to Amateur
Radio, and has suggested on several occassions that Amateur Radio would
be much better off if "we" saw things his way instead.

His primary motive for being in Amateur Radio, apparently, is
hitting on "preeti fems". Now I've been an Amateur for several decades
now, and have, on occassion, met a female Amateur who turned heads
smartly, but they are far and very few between, and usually the spouse
of some 6'3" linebacker named "Rocky". Anyone who got an Amateur
ticket to "meet babes" is going to be sorely disappointed! Lord know's
I've looked!

And let's not forget how buddybuddy Lennie and Todd Daugherty,
N9OGL were a couple weeks ago...Need I say anything more about Todd?
Foul mouthed, functionally illiterate, and too stupid to cover his own
tracks when leaving ugly e-mails. But it doesn't surprise me...Lennie
likes to punctuate his rants with a burst of profanity from time to
time, so I am sure he was right at home. However Todd holds the
crown...Now if he can just find another ISP since his foul,
irresponsible mouth got him booted from the "local" service in
Taylorville, IL.

Now we suddenly have "John". Allegedly a middle aged Amateur of
unknown years experience, unknown level of licensure, unknown
organizational affiliations, memberships, etc..."John" may very well be
a "real" person (read that as "not a figment of Lennie's imagination")
but I doubt it. It would not be above Lennie (or beyond him) to create
yet another anonymous "buddy" to help him get through a rough time in
the NG. It's happened before. I may be wrong, but that duck sure is
quacking pretty loudly.

Steve, K4YZ

Lloyd June 11th 05 03:08 PM

"K4YZ" wrote in message
ups.com...

Mona wrote:

[...]

Quite an enemy's list you have there Robeson, and also no better
example why net savvy people keep people like you at arm's
length, via an anon posting service.

73,

Lloyd