Old July 2nd 05, 07:13 AM
garigue

Default Winlink and QRM

Put me down in the unconvinced column. I am against ANY un-attented

digital
system in any segement other than that set aside for its SOLE use.

But Dan THAT would make too much SENSE! (grin)

The trouble is that the unattended robot train has already left the
station.
ARRL deliberately did this without carefully coinsidering the monster
that they created and now that they persuaded the FCC to go along
with it, the problem is too late to remedy.

Let's return to the thrilling days of yesterday ....remember the ARRL poll
for unattended operation ???? I remember giving it a thumbs down along with
....if I remember correctly ...mostly everyone else ...then by golly guess
what happened ....this Mongolian Cluster **** that we have now .... and ps I
still am a Leauge member .....after they caved to non-league pressure. I
know .....I know the league is for all hams not just the members. That
storyline gives me about as warm as a feeling as not changing one's
underwear for a month ......

WHERE is even the basic polling of radio amateurs?
Did they ask amateurs in other countries that will be affected
by this?

Can one say done deal ..... I agree with the need for exclusive unattended
frequencies which will benefit all concerned ...

Back to 40 CW ....73 Tom KI3R

Old July 2nd 05, 06:59 PM
OW

The only organization more corrupt and self-serving than
the ARRL is the FCC. Corruption in the FCC has reached a
point where job one for commission employees is to grab all
the money they can.