Old July 30th 05, 10:25 PM
John Smith

Len:

I thought you would look, the "egg project" is a series of pseudo-random number
generators, deployed worldwide... they can be used to predict major
catastrophes, and such, they work... no scientist in his right mind would deny
it... some psychic-ether bond exists to the human mind which is yet
undiscovered, yet its existence can be demonstrated--undoubtedly, the future
has much in store for "new technology" centered around this "law", I suspect
the CIA is already investigating its uses in espionage, maybe even some of the
"amateur spies here!"

You may even be forced to stop laughing at Sylvia Browne in the future!

Me, I just rely on my tea leaves! (marijuana leaves actually, you inhale them
first--then read the ashes! I deduced it from other hams, they obviously know
this trick!) innocent-look

John

ups.com...
From: John Smith on Jul 29, 6:08 pm

Len:

10mhz?
My gawd man, I can walk that fast!

Heh heh heh...we'll just put you down on a bench with a good
scope, warm up the soldering iron, hand you a bunch of DIPs
and see if all your gate delays will allow you to get all of
the sequence states in order... :-)

Reset the time to about 1976 with conventional TTL DIPs, well
before the "HC" CMOS zilch-gate-delay technology was developed.
It was also well before the GIGAHertz-clock PCs appeared. At
best the PC clocks were struggling to keep up at 10 MHz (at
least the affordable ones) and microprocessors running at that
clock rate were "inconceivable."

I stand behind what I said, no perfect random number generators exist, if you
need a really good one--it can't be done with computer algorithms (but, the
one
doing our lottery is a really **** poor one--probably worse than your "no
repeats for 913 year one @ 10mhz" even... grin

John, that's why they call it a PSEUDO-random sequence generator.
PSEUDO, "close enough" but not exact.

I gave up playing any Lotto years ago. I won all of $55 and
spent at least three times that in order to "win" that. It
was a cheap thrill while it lasted. :-)

Just because YOU didn't win anything is not a reason to be
accusatory. :-)

It most EXACTLY becomes a question of, "How good of a random number generator
do you need?"

Depends on the application. If you want to scramble (encrypt)
voice/data/video/whatever, you want one to SYNCHRONIZE the
unscrambler (decrypt) to enable restoration to the original.
That's where the PSEUDO-random thing comes in.

PRSGs are invaluable in certain kinds of measurements that
require "noise" added...and then that "noise" subtracted in
order to "see" whatever non-random stuff is there. One of
those is building stability (especially for robustness
during earthquakes). H-P Test and Measurement Div (Agilent)
had a good series of AppNotes on that with a high-power
shaker (low-power compared to quakes) "modulated" with a
PRSG and the sync off of the PRSG used to subtract the
deliberate shaking from vibration sensors in order to gain
the resonant modes of the building. Another series of App
Notes described a similar method to extract resonances in
electronic circuits, even do a pseuod-reconstruct of frequency
response. That was three decades ago.

If you get into any metrology at all, you WILL find that this
"artificial noise" is an accepted practice in many physical
analyses from mechanics of structures to electronics. It just
CANNOT be done any other way except by PSUEDO-random
techniques.

I grant you, most apps do not need that good of one, games of chance in
reno/las vegas are ran off damn poor ones...

Tsk. Sounds like you've been to Vegas and haven't won much?

:-)

No problem to me. Wife and I will be in Vegas along about
the beginning of October and try a few of those games...
along with the other R&R available.

We use electronic banking methods a lot now for personal
finances. Quick, easy, and COMFORTABLY SECURE coding that
we can depend on. Nobody has hacked our bank accounts
yet. The worst we can expect is some doofus courier
"losing" a back-up tape during physical transport.

Also, if you read about egg at princeton.edu, you will see that computer
random
number generators are really a bad idea, the human mind can influence
results... on some quantum-metaphysical level it seems the mind has powers
which we have only guessed about in fairy tales... I leave that to your
further research however...

Yah, yah, yah. You are beginning to sound like a "small medium
at large," John. Or, you read the same series of science-
fiction stories in old ANALOG magazines as I did! :-)

"Egg?" Edgerton, Germehausen, and Grier, the company?
"The Cuckoo's Egg" by an astronomer-turned-hacker-catcher?
[that's a BOOK if anyone else is looking in and wondering
what the fork we are talking about...]

In THIS newsgrope we've got "state-of-the-art" radio amateurs
who insist and insist and insist that morse code comms are
WAY, WAY faster than any (hack, ptui) TTY and MUCH, MUCH
better (and "easier") than sending text messages over a cell
phone! Just ask them and they will issue Pronouncements to
that effect! [and they HAVE] Their spiritual metaphysics
will defeat ordinary physical laws three ways from Sunday!

Remember Len, we really do agree on most though... or, close enough...

Not really...but, carry on, auld chap... :-)

bit bat

Old July 30th 05, 10:29 PM
John Smith

Len:

I am afraid we cannot grant you the benefit of the doubt, and the possibility
you are only frugal with your money.

Since you now have refused all unreasonable requests for a sizeable loan, we
must dismiss you as a "Tight A$$ED Dude", you will not be asked again! grin

John

ups.com...
From: "Jim Hampton" on Sat 30 Jul 2005 03:18

roups.com...
From: John Smith on Jul 29, 1:12 pm

an_old_friend:

Hello, Len

Oh, come on! There are some folks you can trust. You can trust me!

Of course. I trust you to write stuff in here about beer...

Would you have a spare 10 or 20 grand you can loan me until payday?

No. There's "trust" and there's "dumb****behavior."

Tsk. Your sales technique needs a LOT of work...!

When's payday? I dunno, you're the one that's working.

Some of the time. I don't HAVE to, but it's fun to keep one's
hand in some of the time.

So long as the key is changed *before* any repeat of the pattern, no harm is
done - at least I would suspect.

Depends on the length of the sequence and your analysis tools.

If only 9 stock chips can make a sequence that is 2.8 x 10^17
bits long (periodicity), DOES IT MATTER?

Just remember, one dot if by land and two dots if by sea .... or is that one
dash?

Hey, care to loan me 50K?

Paul Revere, did you go and sell all your silverware stock and
get drunk again?!? Geez...

Remember: "One dot if by land, two dots if by sea, hear three
dots you better get your S out of there cuz' they commin in
fast by air!"

dit bit

Old July 31st 05, 05:26 AM

Len:

I am afraid we cannot grant you the benefit of the doubt, and the possibility
you are only frugal with your money.

Nah. I'm a regular "Mr. Moneybags" who "got it all on investments"
according to our resident noise, er, nurse. :-)

Back in 1960 I was working for Ramo-Wooldridge in Canoga Park
and had decided to "upgrade" to a new set of wheels. Got a 1961
Cebby Impala convertible. [babe magnet and a half...:-) ]
Had a great loan term from the company Credit Union. Then some
"downsizing" happened and I was looking for another job. Credit
Union said "no problem" on the loan, just keep paying on it,
which I did. Got another job. When that two-year loan ended,
I kept paying MYSELF the same amount into my savings account.

By 1966 I had enough saved to buy a new car, a 1967 Camaro SS.
Paid Ca$h for it. Haven't taken out any auto loans since, not
for the '70 Camaro or the '82 Camaro Berlinetta, and now the
new Malibu Maxx.

Am I bragging? No. I'm illustrating a point in directed
THRIFT. I'm not frugal, just disciplined insofar as ca$h is
concerned. And I've had some unforseen expenses from an early
personal tragedy also.

Since you now have refused all unreasonable requests for a sizeable loan, we
must dismiss you as a "Tight A$$ED Dude", you will not be asked again! grin

Good! I've been taking "NO" lessons from Capital One.

hit hit

Old July 31st 05, 06:20 AM

I thought you would look, the "egg project" is a series of pseudo-random number
generators, deployed worldwide... they can be used to predict major
catastrophes, and such, they work... no scientist in his right mind would deny
it... some psychic-ether bond exists to the human mind which is yet
undiscovered, yet its existence can be demonstrated--undoubtedly, the future
has much in store for "new technology" centered around this "law", I suspect
the CIA is already investigating its uses in espionage, maybe even some of the
"amateur spies here!"

Hoo boy...sure got some goooood shroms in da San-Walk-In Valley!

You smoke it or mainline?

Shroom salesman: "Would you like a paranormal, sir?"
Me: "No thanks, one will do..."

You may even be forced to stop laughing at Sylvia Browne in the future!

John-iee, if I knew who she was I might...but I'm laffing so hard
at yer opening paragraph I may be doing it all night...

cod god

Old July 31st 05, 06:34 AM
John Smith

Len:

I know, sounds like I am losing my mind--hey, princeton university has been
doing this for years now, the egg project, it is real... main stream scientists
now say it "looks real" but there is probably an explanation--well, they have
run out of possibilities of explaining it, they now have gone into denial! It
is too bizarre for a "sensible man", what can I say?

But, I leave that to you to decide, the info is on princeton.edu site.

Anyway, Silvia Browne, my gawd man, the woman is a bit plain (homely? Makeup
is only mildly effective...) but famous! grin

Here is a link:
http://www.sylvia.org/home/index.cfm...FTOKEN=2298759

But, I must be honest, I am sure princeton university would be horrified if
they even knew I mentioned sylvia in the same post as the university. (sylvia
is a charlatan--but a good one! But hey, that is just my opinion, what do us
CB'ers know? grin)

John

ups.com...

Old July 31st 05, 07:36 PM

John, I just found out who Sylvia is. Geez, you're weird. :-)

NOT a subject for olde-tyme hamme raddio, except for a few PCTA
extras in here...

Au reservoire,

nut bag

Old July 31st 05, 07:40 PM
John Smith

Len:

How do you think the extras have managed to "stay ahead of the pack", why it is
obvious man, they have been consulting with Sylvia all along--in secret!

Who do you think advised them to keep CW? grin

John

wrote in message
oups.com...
John, I just found out who Sylvia is. Geez, you're weird. :-)

NOT a subject for olde-tyme hamme raddio, except for a few PCTA
extras in here...

Au reservoire,

nut bag

FCC AND AKC SUCK $#!#! EMPEROR OF THE UNIVERSE CB 6 December 30th 04 06:04 PM
The Power Of the AKC Cry_Keyclowns_Cry CB 63 October 24th 04 02:47 AM
another one bites the dust courtesy of the akc gw CB 10 March 4th 04 02:31 AM
N8WWM's Trace-route information NIW CB 1 February 4th 04 03:49 PM
N8WWM's Household: link request Twistedhed CB 0 December 3rd 03 04:53 PM