Old August 3rd 05, 06:25 PM
Hambone the Magnificent

Default The first echo box.... ( plus AN IDEA FOR HAMS)

Sorry folks, but I simply had to cross-post this gem of
a posting from rec.radio.cb to the ham radio groups.
I can easily imagine some of the goofballs and kooks
I saw at a certain hamfest last week trying this on 75M
after reading this. *If you do guys, remember that a
good ole traditional METAL garbage can, like a trusty
galvanized Wheeling Mfgr Corp model, available at any
home depot for modest cost, would work FAR BETTER
than any of the Rubbermaid plastic model(s)* Also remember
that when you fart inside of a said can with the same propped
over your head down to your lower torso, the sounds produced
will be AMPLIFIED by a factor of twenty or so and you can
get a breath of 'fresh air' while you're at it.

GO FER IT BOYS !!!!!!!!!

"Hochee Chunaka" wrote in message

The first "echo box" I remember hearing on the CB was in early 1977.
A guy calling himself "Wicker Bill" in Englewood, California came
booming in via skip to the East Coast. He was using an analog tape
loop. It sounded ten times better than the cheap reverbs of today.
The second echo box I heard was when my 14 year old friend came on
the air later in 1977 with tons of reverb type echo. I asked him what
he was doing, and he said to come over and he would show me. When I
arrived he had a tin metal trash can over top of his head, and he was
holding his Realistic desk power mic up inside the trashcan with his
head. It was hysterical to see. His entire head was enveloped by the
trash can. I fell over laughing.

Old August 3rd 05, 06:36 PM
Scott in Baltimore

Hambone the Magnificent wrote:
Sorry folks, but I simply had to cross-post this gem of
a posting from rec.radio.cb to the ham radio groups.

So you've just proved without a doubt that you are nothing but a troll.

.:\:/:.
+-------------------+ .:\:\:/:/:.
+-------------------+ / TROLL \
| | @@@ / /|,,,,,|\ \
| | @@@ /_// /^\ \\_\
@x@@x@ | | |/ WW( ( ) )WW
\||||/ | | \| __\,,\ /,,/__
\||/ | | | (______Y______) jgs
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\//\/\\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Old August 3rd 05, 06:42 PM
Hambone the Magnificent

"Scott in Baltimore" wrote in message
Hambone the Magnificent wrote:
Sorry folks, but I simply had to cross-post this gem of
a posting from rec.radio.cb to the ham radio groups.

So you've just proved without a doubt that you are nothing but a troll.

.....and you've proven that you don't have any sense of humor.

So now we're even - have a nifty day ! : )

"The lack of a sense of humor is a sure sign of impotence and/or insanity"
- Hunter S. Thompson

Old August 3rd 05, 06:49 PM
John Smith

Scott:

Don't worry about it, and have a nice day...

John

+-------------------+ / TROLL \
| | @@@ / /|,,,,,|\ \
| | @@@ /_// /^\ \\_\
@x@@x@ | | |/ WW( ( ) )WW
\||||/ | | \| __\,,\ /,,/__
\||/ | | | (______Y______) jgs
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\//\/\\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Old August 3rd 05, 10:01 PM
SteveJ

Allot of truckers and CBers do not need any echo box, their head is empty so
it comes naturally.

news

+-------------------+ / TROLL \
| | @@@ / /|,,,,,|\ \
| | @@@ /_// /^\ \\_\
@x@@x@ | | |/ WW( ( ) )WW
\||||/ | | \| __\,,\ /,,/__
\||/ | | | (______Y______) jgs
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\//\/\\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Old August 3rd 05, 10:32 PM
Steveo

"SteveJ" wrote:
I do not need any echo box, my head is empty
so it comes naturally.

Impressive.

--
http://NewsReader.Com/
Old August 3rd 05, 11:32 PM
Jim Hampton

"Steveo" wrote in message
"SteveJ" wrote:
I do not need any echo box, my head is empty
so it comes naturally.

Impressive.

Nice shot, Mopar

Good thing I checked the newsgroups in your post ))

73 from Rochester, NY
Jim

Old August 3rd 05, 11:56 PM
Steveo

"Jim Hampton" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
"SteveJ" wrote:
I do not need any echo box, my head is empty
so it comes naturally.

Impressive.

Nice shot, Mopar

Good thing I checked the newsgroups in your post ))

73 from Rochester, NY
Jim

Hi Jim. He has his own group.

--
http://NewsReader.Com/
Old August 3rd 05, 11:56 PM
John Smith

Jim:

If they always add a cross post thread to their post, I almost never
remove it, heck, if the guy thinks that much about my posts he wants to
share them with the world, why stop 'em. I even let mine go to the the
topposting."something-wits", what the heck! grin

John

On Wed, 03 Aug 2005 22:32:55 +0000, Jim Hampton wrote:

"Steveo" wrote in message
"SteveJ" wrote:
I do not need any echo box, my head is empty
so it comes naturally.

Impressive.

Nice shot, Mopar

Good thing I checked the newsgroups in your post ))

73 from Rochester, NY
Jim

PC controlled reciever --- good idea? bad idea? or a just plain ugly one? tom Scanner 7 January 30th 05 04:40 AM
Echo Echo Echo Bub CB 5 January 21st 05 11:06 AM
Reflection Delay is it real??? Peter O. Brackett Antenna 7 September 20th 03 11:55 AM
rho = ( ZL - Zo ) / ( ZL + Zo } Cecil Moore Antenna 7 September 6th 03 09:50 AM