Old August 26th 05, 12:41 AM

Dan/W4NTI wrote:

First off asking for a CW only segment is not all that
far fetched.

It's actually a very good idea.

I have
been trying to work on 40 cw ever since the ARRL came
out with the latest
"gentleman's agreement" of allowing digital to operate within
the CW ranges.

?? I'm not sure what you mean, Dan.

For decades it's been legal to operate "digital modes" (RTTY, PSK31,
etc.) everywhere in the non-voice parts of the HF ham bands. Including
40 meters.

I dunno which gentleman's agreement you mean, but the ARRL
"regulation by bandwidth" proposal is just that - a
proposal, nothing more. Needs more work IMHO.

Total failure.

Well, I just worked a K4 station not far from you. Nice QSO. Neither of
us had high power or big antennas, but we did fine. 7037 kHz. Morse
Code, of course.

btw, there were many Morse Code signals on 40 between 7000 and 7050 -
and it's not even dark out yet.

So why should I expect anything better?

Well, I hope for the best.

See you in 40, Dan.

73 de Jim, N2EY

Old August 26th 05, 01:22 AM

From: Dan/W4NTI on Aug 25, 3:41 pm

"an_old_friend" wrote in message
Dan/W4NTI wrote:
"an_old_friend" wrote in message

Well at least I have the gonads to use a real call and name.

Is "W4NTI" your legal surname? :-)

We can't see your "gonads." Is having some a requirement of
being licensed as an amateur? I don't think so.

First off asking for a CW only segment is not all that far fetched.

That is NOT a subject of NPRM 05-143 nor for WT Docket 05-235.

You CAN Petition the FCC to get a RADIOTELEGRAPHY only sub-band.
You CANNOT run Continuous Wave (CW) any longer than is required
for tune-up purposes. That's in the regulations. Didn't you
see it?

You WILL have to make a good, reasonable case for this sole-
mode segment of 40m band. Remember that the government of the
United States does NOT run solely on your personal wishes.

Meanwhile, WT Docket 05-235 is solely about the elimination or
retention of the morse code test for a U.S. amateur radio license
having below-30-MHz operating privileges. Try to remember that.

I have
been trying to work on 40 cw ever since the ARRL came out with the latest
"gentleman's agreement" of allowing digital to operate within the CW ranges.
Total failure.

Try using a radio and a decent antenna. That works better.

So why should I expect anything better? Of course BB you
wouldn't know that would you? So why not just stick with what you KNOW
about? And do us all a favor.

Dannie boy, will you PLEASE quit hopping up and down when you
get so angry? Remember you are on disability...if the authorities
catch you being so physically aggressive you might lose your
benefits. Tsk, tsk.

You are obviously a product of the 1960 feel good free love society.

I thought the 1960s were an EXCELLENT time. That's when I met my
late first wife. Whatsamatta, Dannie, couldn't you "get any?" :-)

You were most certainly TAUGHT by them. I feel sorry for you.

Now, now, you are sending nastygrams again. Remember when the
Four Morsemen of the Apocalypse were TAUGHT. You are insulting
your morse brethren.

This actually
explains your problem. So I can't blame you for your "problems".

Tsk, tsk, tsk. Still more of the nastygrams. Did you get those
off the NTS?

Don't forget to send in those dues to the ACLU.

Don't forget to return your rented uniform of General George
Patton to Western Costume Company. Late fees are steep.

Tenshion-HUTT! salute one-finger

Old August 26th 05, 01:41 AM
Dan/W4NTI

"an_old_friend" wrote in message
oups.com...

Dan/W4NTI wrote:
"an_old_friend" wrote in message
ups.com...

Dan/W4NTI wrote:
"an_old_friend" wrote in message

cut

And by that you are infering that I do that, eh? Give me an example.
Besides a quote from Lennie that is.

your own support of proetected segments for CW for one another you
attitutde that new comers must mind there place
all your words not lens

Dan/W4NTI

Well at least I have the gonads to use a real call and name.

First off asking for a CW only segment is not all that far fetched. I
have

After for a CW Only segment and expecting to gte what you want is plain
nuts. look what happend in VHF you got a couple right at the top of 2M
and at the top of some other band

Dang......are you saying we had a CW assignment at the 147.995 range or
something? If we did, I don't remember it.

been trying to work on 40 cw ever since the ARRL came out with the latest
"gentleman's agreement" of allowing digital to operate within the CW
ranges.
Total failure. So why should I expect anything better? Of course BB
you

Total failure meaning CW can't compete as I have beens aying for years

No dummy that is not what I said, or mean. It is the non CW qualified types
that just dump on top of a on-going CW communication....because they have no
idea it is a real communication. Because they can't copy it. Clear now?

And that is exactly what will happen in the event of NOT having a exclusive
CW segement.

wouldn't know that would you? So why not just stick with what you KNOW
about? And do us all a favor.

why don't you grow up and stop asking for protection of your petty
interests?

Why can't you admit that you know NOTHING about the subject and just go
away???

You are obviously a product of the 1960 feel good free love society. You
were most certainly TAUGHT by them. I feel sorry for you. This
actually
explains your problem. So I can't blame you for your "problems".

Naw you have it wrong again. I am a bit too old to taught by the 1960's
folks

Then I really feel sorry for you. You must have grown up in the 60s and
your MaryJane brain is still screwed up from all the sessions.

Don't forget to send in those dues to the ACLU.

No way the ACLU isn't the demon say Bill O'Riealy wants to make them
out as as but they are not folks that I support either

Wow.....so when are you going to start acting right?

Dan/W4NTI

Old August 26th 05, 01:44 AM
Dan/W4NTI

wrote in message
ups.com...
Dan/W4NTI wrote:

[...]

Tell you what Jim, listen during a RTTY contest weekend. Like when the
NAQP CW is on this winter season.

It is just an example of what it will be like with massive digital action.
Just watch and see.

There are no more gentlemen Jim. Take away their ability to recognize CW as
a real communication method and you will have chaos. This is what I'm
referring to.

Dan/W4NTI

Old August 26th 05, 01:46 AM
Dan/W4NTI

wrote in message
oups.com...

plonk

Dan/W4NTI

Old August 26th 05, 02:19 AM
an_old_friend

Dan/W4NTI wrote:
"an_old_friend" wrote in message
oups.com...

cut
been trying to work on 40 cw ever since the ARRL came out with the latest
"gentleman's agreement" of allowing digital to operate within the CW
ranges.
Total failure. So why should I expect anything better? Of course BB
you

Total failure meaning CW can't compete as I have beens aying for years

No dummy that is not what I said, or mean. It is the non CW qualified types
that just dump on top of a on-going CW communication....because they have no
idea it is a real communication. Because they can't copy it. Clear now?

The you are full of Bull**** I can reconize CW for what it is.

If Cw can't survive in the real world then I am all for having a wake
for it

What you are saying is that CW can't survive amoungst other modes,
plain and simple

I don't buy your CW welfare program

And that is exactly what will happen in the event of NOT having a exclusive
CW segement.

Then CW can't compete and will very properly fold, but I doubt it.

Cw Ops will just have to work a bit harder, they do Claim to enjoy a
challange

wouldn't know that would you? So why not just stick with what you KNOW
about? And do us all a favor.

why don't you grow up and stop asking for protection of your petty
interests?

Why can't you admit that you know NOTHING about the subject and just go
away???

I know quite a bit about it

I know you are lobbing for protection of YOUR mode, and for the FCC to
continue in some form the Morse Code Welfare State that has existed for
years

There may be a case for more restrictions on robots ( am not convinced
either way on that point), but no case at all for CW needing protection
form ALL other mode

You are obviously a product of the 1960 feel good free love society. You
were most certainly TAUGHT by them. I feel sorry for you. This
actually
explains your problem. So I can't blame you for your "problems".

Naw you have it wrong again. I am a bit too old to taught by the 1960's
folks

Then I really feel sorry for you. You must have grown up in the 60s and
your MaryJane brain is still screwed up from all the sessions.

I was Born in 1964 I was 6 when the 60's ended Never touched that weed

Don't forget to send in those dues to the ACLU.

No way the ACLU isn't the demon say Bill O'Riealy wants to make them
out as as but they are not folks that I support either

Wow.....so when are you going to start acting right?

i act just fine, just not the way you want me to, so grow up

Dan/W4NTI

Old August 26th 05, 02:21 AM
an_old_friend

Dan/W4NTI wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...
Dan/W4NTI wrote:

[...]

There are no more gentlemen Jim. cut

Well you got one right but you know what they say about broken clocks

cut Take away their ability to recognize CW as
a real communication method and you will have chaos. This is what I'm
referring to.

But here you are just lying, No one is taking the ability to reconize
CW. It can't be done even if someone wants to try

Dan/W4NTI

Old August 26th 05, 03:09 AM

Dan/W4NTI wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...
Dan/W4NTI wrote:

[...]

That's a different story.

It is just an example of what it will be like with massive
digital action.
Just watch and see.

All the more reason to have a reasonable Morse Code only subband. Say
7000 to 7050.

There are no more gentlemen Jim.

Sure there are! But it only takes a few bad apples to
make a mess.

Take away their ability to recognize CW as
a real communication method and you will have chaos. This is what I'm referring to.

Then the thing to do is to get a place for Morse Code.

There's plenty of precedent for this sort of thing. There are sidewalks
for pedestrians, bike lanes, etc. There are large parts of state and
national parks and wilderness areas where motor vehicles are not
allowed.

Some will say "but it's 'just a hobby'". Well, camping and backpacking
are 'just a hobby' for most people - yet there
are plenty of spaces left in a natural state and protected
for those "hobbyists". Why not for Morse Code?

73 de Jim, N2EY