Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 22nd 05, 06:44 AM
Dave Heil

Default Past Gems from Candidate Carl

Carl Stevenson 1997

"We'd be better off if we could, instead, find a way to reeducate the
whining olde fartz ... those whose knowledge of radio is frozen in the
30s and 40s somewhere don't deserve their licenses today, no matter how
fast they can beep ..."

Carl Stevenson 1998:

"The majority of the opposition is, IMNSHO, based on people's
experiences with "frequency coordinators" who warehouse frequencies
for private repeaters for their cronies and an ARRL which is
totally out of touch with today's world, tries at every turn to
thwart progress in favor of the status quo of stagnancy and decay,
and could care less what the majority of hams feel or believe."

"In a word, 'bull****,' Ed ... it's just that the majority of hams who
are not ARRL members (and even many of us who ARE) know full-well how
the good-old-boy politics of the ARRL work and have seen this type of
move coming for some time."

" More BS, Ed ... the ARRL's sleazy attempt at end-run regulation
speaks volumes about the ARRL."

"I freely admit my bias against current (counting the past few decades)
ARRL policy and current 'leadership.' I am by no means a 'lone wolf'
in holding this opinion."

Carl Stevenson 1999:

"I don't think we should establish 'protected class' setasides
for ANY legacy technology ... "

Carl's race for the Atlantic Division Directorship should be interesting
at the very least. Should he actually get elected, I'm sure the
seasoned veterans of the League will welcome him with open arms.

Dave K8MN